Sikh Student Camp Was Brilliant

fittestjatti

They do in india, go to ne of the dals its tradition jus like other traditions, degh n so forth i have seen it done at hazoor sahib, plus ak47 y is the goat innocent, if the goat is innocent y is it a goat and not human, plus isnt it all hukam, as in nothing we do in the life ever in our hands, u truthfully dnt have ne real control do ya.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is true that people were cutting themselves at camp it is very very worrying - we do not want this to be the kind of things that Sikhs are doing and we certainly do not want disturbed people like this harming themselves and also possibly harming the name of Sikhi if they start doing this in public.

They do in india, go to ne of the dals its tradition jus like other traditions, degh n so forth i have seen it done at hazoor sahib, plus ak47 y is the goat innocent, if the goat is innocent y is it a goat and not human, plus isnt it  all hukam, as in nothing we do in the life ever in our hands, u truthfully dnt have ne real control do ya.

118445[/snapback]

What a load of nonesense!

AKALI SODHI use your God given brain and actually THINK about what you're saying...

Yes, Everything IS in Hukam...but everything we do revolves around our Past Karams. If we have good karams then we have a closer relationship with Akaal Purakh, if we have bad Karam then we find ourselves moving away rather than towards.

There is a way to change this, by having LOVE, RESPECT and FAITH for Akaal Purakh and Akaal Purakhs CREATIONS INCLUDING ANIMALS!!

To say we as Humans are superior to anyone or anything else shows egotism and is not how a Gurmukh is to act.

Remain in complete adoration of The Lords Feet and you will see that God Resides within ALL.

Harming yourself takes no place within Sikhee and should not be tolerated or promoted. If one wishes to do so then they should do so in their own homes and in their own time. How does this show love and respect to Akaal?? How does it bring us closer to our creator?? - It Doesnt Therefore it has NO place in Sikee!

It is very easy to see if something is accepted in Sikhee or not...If it has a significant meaning and brings us signifcantly closer to Guroo Maahaaraaj then it is acceptable, if it doesnt, it has NO place within our Dharam!

Please Forgive my Shortcomings....

WJKKWJKP!

You guys make me laugh these guys didnt cut their wrist open or anything like that they cut themselves enough in order to put a tilak of blood on the nishaan sahib as they knew that they could not exactly to chatka to a goat at the camp. And another thing out of all the camps i gotta say one thing sikh student camp is the most diverse camp in terms of the diversity of sikh you gettheir e.g you get nihangs whether you taksali lot wanna call them nangs or watever. There are also bibya with keskia (AKJ) and bibya who are amritdharee but dont wear keskia you have american sikhs etc. Im just trying to say that you guys are just trying to give sikh student camp a bad name wen you people werent even there!!!!!!!!!!

Ok penji, firstly with minor exceptions, i dont think anybody is attacking the camp or commenting on how it went. People are discussing the issue of self harm and blood tilaks etc.

So please keep this within context and leave the 'wo is me' act at the door, I personally hope the camp went well but am disturbed at this incident.

Secondly, im afraid to burst your bubble but all camps these days are diverse! People from all backgrounds go to all the camps, whether they always agree with the views of other campers or not is aside the point, thing is people do wish to learn and do enjoy other camps also, so again please realise that if the student camp is attracting people...good... but so are others! lol it not about camps a bad name or not, we are discussing a particular incident.

Again i havent yet read a reasonable explanation as to why this practice is observed. I understand it was also done last year as well.

Sodhi, in my view a goat is innocent as it hasnt done 'anything'. If we were to take your view that that the goat is not innocent since it is not a human, then the reverse argument would be that as humans we are all innocent? Rubbish? Yes i agree. You are right everything is within hukum, goats beheaded for blood tilaks rather than tyrants and dhoosts, women being raped in alleys, children being abused by adults, racism etc etc this is all hukum so .... i take it you are also fine with these things also?

I take it you are not. Please rather than get into a cursing match and have penji accuse the 'taksali lot' (whoever they are meant to be and whatever they are meant to be!!!) of x y and z, please could somebody post a reasonable explaination as to

why we need blood tilaks? A) at all!! and b) those from your own arm, perhaps cutting your kesh etc in the process. c) if the reason s to intimidate your enemey by putting it on the nishaan sahib etc then i dnt think goats blood is very scary or will frigthen them much.

Also if there is so much respect for Maharajh then give him the blood of modern massa rangars, just like sukha singh and methab singh did (aslo like the modern sukha and jinda did).

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Kee Fateh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont belive in ritual slaughter, and I dont think Sikhs are suppose to. The idea of a sword getting bloodthristy is thumbs_down.gif

I also have a few questions about Nihungs,

Why are they always carring so many differnt kinds of weapons with them, and why do they put shasters inside their dastar? Have they taken Amrit? Do they wear the 5ks?

I also saw that one Nihung tied a very very long turban to get a world record, doesnt it seem like he is making a mock of the Dastar?

I also read that Nihungs do opium, it this true?

Fateh!!!!

because a nihang's role is simple, him/her is a soldier and nothing else, but there's always a exceptions ie Baba deep Singh ji ie he was a shahhedi missle leader and the leader of Dami Dami Taksal

Nihangs major singh says he did it to get people into sikhi, i was at harmandar shaib once and a white girl asked some one y his turban was so big/wa is a turban/significance, this is good cuz at the mo people need educating cuz every one with a turban is a terrorist now days init

on the issue of opiom and degh i will not comment as it will jus cause a stupid argument, wa i advise is that u read some puratan text, Sooraj Parkash, Panth parkash, Sri Dasam & Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji's it takes time but for a real answer it cannot be explained on a internet forum.