Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale

Davinder

One thing I do not understand is that why did Sant Jarnail Singh Ji bring so many weapons into Amritsar, it was obvious that the government would attack and lets face it the govt just needed an excuse.

So Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale would have been aware that any fight would lead to beadbi of Guru Granth Sahib JI and the Gurdwara so why risk it?

What were they trying to gain by doing this?

I'm not saying oh God all those sikhs died but I'm asking why risk beadbi?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you know that the gov't is preparing an attack on darbar sahib with amodel of darbar sahib with heavy machine guns and so forth, it is the biggest beadbi of a sikh not to be armed and preserve the honor of teh panth, what bigger beadbi is there than attacking darbar sahib? You have to understand that beadbi was being done to SGGS left and right and that is what started the whole thing.

also you can see puratan canons at darbar sahib, they used to fire shells, not parshad. Sikhs are supposed to practice shashter vidiya meaning training with weapons. As you can see the army used helicopters, tanks and anti-personnel carriers. Would you fight a tank with a kirpan? Even guru sahib had guns.

also again i must ask, why were 48 other gurdwaras attacked, did sant ji have "all those weapons" there too?

also thsi was not sant ji's grand military plan, it was a sikh movement supported by the sikh masses, please read the events of taht time and see how poor sikhs came to darbar sahib to donate bullets and so forth for the inevitable show-down. The sikh masses supported an armed resistance after many events of beadbia nd torture had taken place.

for the previous post which asked to call bhindrawaale sant jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindrawaale, it was not meant with any disrespect bhindrawaale represents the town of bhindran, just like people say dhadria waala. but i understand your sentiments and just want to say no disrespect was intended to teh greatest sikh of the 20th century.

hey chill you're not being mean, diss me all you want it encourages debate, to be honest I really really have real respect for Sant Ji but everyone was on their side so I thought of something to say against them, wasnt much but hey it was something. :TH:

Waheguru ji ka khasla waheguru ji ki fateh

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Also historically before any major battles were undertaken, Sikhs would gather at Sri Harmandir Sahib and Akal Takht sahib to seek blessings before going to war. In present times this practice is no longer viable for obvious reasons, therefore if war of freedom is to be waged it would be wise to use gurreilla hit and run tactics. So I dont think Sant Bhindranwale along with his advisors, some who were ex-indian army personnel, were not looking for a armed confrontation but was forced into one by the Indian govt's attack.

I think Sant Bhindranwale knew it would hurt the Sikh sentiments if Indian army attacked but further more it would go to show the Sikh masses the Indian govt has no love for Sikhs or their holy places. And I also believe Sant ji did not back Khalistan but because harmandir sahib was so dear to him if the army did attack he could not see how he and Sikhs in general could live in India anymore. So made that famous speech where he stated if it was attacked the foundation stone of Khalistan would be laid.

June 1984 the army attacked that foundation stone has been laid, with the blood of our people and destruction of our hertitage... a very heavy price has been paid.

It is for us build on that foundation into a nation where Sikhism is supreme. No matter how long it takes us to make Khalistan, it will be made.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Do you realy looking around all sikhs across the globe that Khalistan will be made?

My mates and I have this discussion all the time, esepecially amongst the youth that go to June 84 Majareh and voice 'Khalistan Zindabaad'. These people don't even understand the basics of sikhi, so how are we ment have Khalistan. Most youth are more concernedx about showing of that there Khande saying that they are sikh, punjabi. The ones that get to me the most are, when they try and big up what caste they are. Is this Sikhi?

I feel that the only way for Sikhs to get remotely close to Khalistan will be; to educate the youth about Sikhi, teach them history before 1984. Cause at the moment the burning of the India flag is completly dissapointing.

I strongly feel that the shaheeds are disgusted by the behaviour!

And if anything is to be done the first step to be taken is to take that step forward to sikhi.

I apologize for saying anything out of line, but at this present moment in time I feel that we dont deserv Khalistan.