Sant Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale

Davinder

VJKK VJKF!!!

I have alot of respect for Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa Bhindranwale however now and again I ask myself why did he used the Akal Takhat Sahib as the base.....I mean no disrespect...I know the Akal Takht is the Eternal throne and it is the political side of Sikhi. I was asked this question by a mate recently and I struggled in answering it. My mate said "isn't it wrong to have used the Akal Takht Sahib as the base for a fight?...why didn't Sant Jarnail Singh ji use another place for the fight?"

I want to know the Sangat's view on what happened. Im sorry if I've offeneded anyone...I mean no offense and I appologise if anyone takes offense to what I have written.

VJKK VJKF!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sant ji did not use akaal takhat as a base for any fight. Please remember that vaisakhi of 1978 sikhs were martyred by narkhdharis and punjab police. Bhindrawaala did parchaar from darbar sahib, getting people to take amrit and unite under kesri nishaan sahib. Bhindrawaale and the armed sikhs never firtified darbar sahib until info leaked that the gov't had made a model of darbar sahib and were doing exercises in another state preparing to attack darbar sahib. If someone is going to attack your house you will obviously defend it and fortify it.

General Shubeg singh was a decorated soldier (general)in the Indian army who led the move to fortify darbar sahib from an army attack. Also tell your mate that ok Bhindrawaala used darbar sahib but what was the reason behind attacking 48 other gurdwaras in Punjab?! Was bhindrawaala there too?!

And we all know how low the indian armed forces are. How many sikhs wanted bhindrawaala out of darbar sahib? I never heard of any mass rally asking him to leave. he was there with the consent of the quam.

Also peopel act like the army was trying to save the sanctity of darbar sahib. Well ok since when is the Indian army the protector of sikh shrines? Why doesn't the army come into punjab now and arrest dera waale baabe who have armed ak-47 waale bodyguards? Why can deras have armed gurads but sikhs who are sant sipahis with guns was dangerous for Punjab? The fake akaali poola singh who was apoliec cat and got many sikhs killed by police roamed around with armed guards, has many sophisticated guns at all times yet nobody has even prosecuted him!

The questions about darbar sahib are not for bhindrawaala but for the gov't of india. Why did India choose to attack darbar sahib rather than go after bhindrawaala if he was supposedly the culprit? Why did they go after thousands of sikhs rather than just bhindrawaala?

I'll tell you why because they were fighting a sikh movement not a bhindrawaala movement. More people died in the dhrama yudh morcha than all the people who died fighting the british for independence. People talk about how many sikhs died for india in 1947, well 3 to 4 times that died for sikhi in the 80s.

dharam yudh morcha was the sikh movement set forth by sikh bodies(Akali leadership under Longowal, sikh students ferderation, damdami taksal, etc) for recognizing amritsar as a holy city in India, protection of sikh identity with india and so forth. It is the name given to the movement started in the late 70s and all throughout the eighties for the adoption of the ananadpur sahib resolution. The whole point of the movement was not for the secession of Punjab from India but for equal rights for sikhs and punjabis within mainstream indian society.

however bhindrawaala and other sikh groups made it clear that if the gov't decided to attack darbar sahib then there was no turning back and it would lay the foundation of a sovereign sikh nation.

by the way what is A.S.R.?

I think what we need to understand is that all the morchas that the Sikhs took part in where all started from the Harmandir Sahib, Akali Morcha, Punjabi Suba Morcha, anti-Emergency Morcha and finally Dharam Yudh Morcha. In between there were the minor Morchas such as morcha against the govt ban on using the slogan 'Punjabi Suba Zindabad'. So if we understand that all Morchas started from Harmandir Sahib then you can understand the reason why Santji was there. Santji was initially staying in the Guru Nanak Niwas yatri hostel and only moved to Akal Takht after an attempt was made on his life.

I have come across some UK Nangs who think they know better military tactics and say that Santji should have left the Harmandir Sahib and gone to some other place to continue the fight. Such people don't know that for the previous three years the Harmandir Sahib had been cordoned off and any attempt to leave would have resulted in a fake encounter by the police. In the end if Santji had just stayed in Guru Nanak Niwas they would have said, 'why did he stay there and not go elsewhere' if he went to Chowk Mehta they would have said the same thing.

Also historically before any major battles were undertaken, Sikhs would gather at Sri Harmandir Sahib and Akal Takht sahib to seek blessings before going to war. In present times this practice is no longer viable for obvious reasons, therefore if war of freedom is to be waged it would be wise to use gurreilla hit and run tactics. So I dont think Sant Bhindranwale along with his advisors, some who were ex-indian army personnel, were not looking for a armed confrontation but was forced into one by the Indian govt's attack.

I think Sant Bhindranwale knew it would hurt the Sikh sentiments if Indian army attacked but further more it would go to show the Sikh masses the Indian govt has no love for Sikhs or their holy places. And I also believe Sant ji did not back Khalistan but because harmandir sahib was so dear to him if the army did attack he could not see how he and Sikhs in general could live in India anymore. So made that famous speech where he stated if it was attacked the foundation stone of Khalistan would be laid.

June 1984 the army attacked that foundation stone has been laid, with the blood of our people and destruction of our hertitage... a very heavy price has been paid.

It is for us build on that foundation into a nation where Sikhism is supreme. No matter how long it takes us to make Khalistan, it will be made.

One request to people: can you please refer bhindranwale as Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.

Please he deserve much more than just label bhindranwale!!

117592[/snapback]

pray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

sant jarnail singhji khalsa bhindranwale :wub:

in my opinion he was forced to open the MORCHA before time clindestinely by the so called peoples popular government of the time

it was without much preparation, in absence of visualisation of future impacts yet wholehearted and fullfledged MORCHA

i agree with namstang and do ardaas to the almighty WAHEGURUJI we need a perfect leader like the one we are remembering so respectfully WAHEGURUJI please do the kirpa on your KHALSA