Hawara Speaks Of Being Tortured

nanosecond

Hawara Speaks of Being Tortured

Sunday 11th September, 2005

Sucha Singh - Panthic Weekly Staff

Chandigarh, Punjab (KP) - Sikh Freedom Fighter Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji Hawara, who was captured by Indian security forces about three months ago, has appealed the National Human Rights Commission on the grounds of him being tortured and for the total disregard of his religious sentiments by the Delhi Police. Bhai Sahib has told

hawara%20out%20of%20jeep.jpg

Hawara unable to get out of jail transport vehicle on his own due to torture

NHRC that the methods of torture that were inflicted on him included electric shock. He said that this was done at the behest of certain leaders in Delhi. Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji also told of how he was not allowed to cover his head, which is a requirement according to the Sikh Code of Conduct. It should be noted that there was no restriction imposed on Bhai Sahib from covering his head while he was previously lodged in Burail Jail before his escape.

File00100.jpg

Sikh tortured to death by Indian Security Forces

This is not the first time that freedom fighter Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji Hawara has told of being tortured and of complete disregard of his religious sentiments by the Delhi Police.

About a month after his arrest, Bhai Sahib had told his lawyers that there was no part of his body that the police had not inflicted torture on. This was evident also from the many pictures in the press, which showed that Bhai Sahib was unable to step out of the Police jeep without the assistance of the Police Personel. At that time, Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji had also narrated the tales of how the police purposely hurt his religious sentiments by pouring alcohol into his mouth and stuffing his mouth full of tobacco from cigarettes. This was all done to Bhai Sahib in order to break the Sikh Spirit in him, as the Security Forces know that he is a very devout Sikh who follows the teachings and Sikh Code of Conduct to the letter. It is a sin for any Sikh to consume or use products such as tobacco and alcohol.

The Government of India has shown time and time again that it has no regard for the religious sentiments of the Sikhs. The despicable act of putting tobacco in the mouth of Sikhs by Police officials has surfaced and become prevalent since the late eighties. The torture of Sikhs in Indian jails has been a common occurrence since the independence of India. Hopefully some Human Rights groups in India or abroad will come to the aid of Bhai Jagtar Singh Ji Hawara and other Sikhs who languishing in jails all over India have and still are facing unspeakable brutal torture at the hands of the Indian Government.

Sucha Singh can be reached at sucha.singh@panthic.org

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we should all die of shame.

our quam is calling these singhs terrorists and celebrating indira's andbeant sio "martyrdom." all i ahve to say is that we are the biggest besharams...i hope waaheguru blesses us with the fearlessness of these singhs who are enduring so much.

ironically i heard manwoman sio's daughter si part of a human rights group investigating abuses against prisoners in abhu ghraib prison, wow look at teh country who has a sikh as a prime minister...baalle oh sikho tuhada wi jawab ni.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

i dont know about anyone else, but i just cant stand listening to these things and looking at such pictures. no.gif its just sooooo sad. i just start to cry :wub: and then i get all steamed up and start to swear in my mind at the stupid government of india :wub: !

but i pray for Ppl who are being harmed by the gov't in any way. pray.gif

i live in Canada and this is where i learnt everything about the 84 and after. no one ever even mentioned it. no one ever told me who the singhs were in the pictures hung up on the walls of the Langar. i found out for myself in a documentry in Ontario Khalsa Darbar. its so sad really.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

nanosecond, the person on whom you have claimed 'torture' marks is actually a 'post mortem' biopsy mark.

1st of all I am not claiming anything bcoz i have not written this article ....this article is from Panthic Weekly....a very reliable panthic source

Secondly it is clearly written under the picture"Sikh tortured to death by Indian Security Forces"

I trust panthic weekly more than u and I trust my knowledge more than u.......

I dunno how that pic is being posted on this site, isn't there a rule here on not posting violent images.

There's no resriction on posting pics of Shaheeds.....however 'violent' they may be.

There's no restrction on posting reality.........how much 'violent' it may be

I trust panthic weekly more than u and I trust my knowledge more than u.......

119218[/snapback]

brave words...but you have produced nothing here to prove your knowledge other than claim that the image is from a 'panthic weekly' and then proceed to state that my opinion and credibility are next to 'nil' in front of the almighty 'panthic weekly'.

Very nice but I shall take the freedom to receive the news byte with a very generous 'pinch of salt'.