Hip Hop Is Vile

LifeIsBeautiful

One of my christian pals sent me this link on my day off, maybe you guys can check it out

http://www.exministries.com/2

Theres a powerpoint on how hip hop is evil and it is extremely anti-religious.

When you think about it, all it does is promote:

a) Lust

b) Violence

c) Money

I know some people will say what about this, what about that, but its a demon, its insidious, its like a disease that eventually infects the individuals mind making into a cesspool of bad behaviour.

Anyways check it out, whats the sikh take on it as well.

Veer Ji, I listen to hip hop, yes your are right the majority of hip hop deals with lust, money, drugs, and violence, but there is another side. In the hip hop I listen to it is about God, being lonely, dreams, life, thing like that. "hip hop is evil and anti-religios", if i wanted to i could make a country or rock song and sing about anti-rieligious stuff, or I could rap about the history of the Singhs & Kaurs, how great God is, How the Guru speaks to me, all to a hip hop beat. Hip Hop was created to give the African American people high spirits, and back then it was very intellectual. So you cant go around saying vague and blunt statement like that.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Well said, UntitledSingh.

Yes it's true that many of them sing about things mentioned above, but some have another side to them.

Take Tupac Shakur as an example:

'A coward dies a thousand deaths....a soldier dies but once.'

'Only God can judge me.'

'Got shot 5 times but I'm still breathing...living proof there's a God if you need a reason.'

'That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.'

'I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward.'

These are, of course, only a few of the many things that he has said that ring true. This is not a request for you to mention all of the negative things he has said. What I said before was that there are two sides to some artists. I myself haven't kept up with the hip-hop scene for years now, but still have a few favourite tracks.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Well said, UntitledSingh.

Yes it's true that many of them sing about things mentioned above, but some have another side to them.

Take Tupac Shakur as an example:

'A coward dies a thousand deaths....a soldier dies but once.'

'Only God can judge me.'

'Got shot 5 times but I'm still breathing...living proof there's a God if you need a reason.'

'That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.'

'I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward.'

These are, of course, only a few of the many things that he has said that ring true. This is not a request for you to mention all of the negative things he has said. What I said before was that there are two sides to some artists. I myself haven't kept up with the hip-hop scene for years now, but still have a few favourite tracks.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

120487[/snapback]

ahhhhhhh 2pac! :) :doh:

No hard feelings brother, just dont let your Christian pal convince you so easlity next time

Fateh

120488[/snapback]

yeah...

to LifeIsBeautiful::

thats exactly what they want to do...convince us. obviously the site is one of those who convince poeple that Christianity is the best religion. dont you see it on TV and hear it on the radio like almost always? and its so annoying. there are Ppl who come to my town and they're trying to convert my family into Chistians because they know that we're the only GurSikh family in the entire town. (sad i know) but yeah...no offence ji..but not all the hip hop songs are like what they have described on that website. sorry if i offended anyone Sangat ji.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji KiFateh.