Buy Me Smokes...

JSingh

Few minutes ago, our Team Lead sent me instance message. Here's the small conversation between her and me (I replace her and my name with 'She' and 'Me', respectively.):

She... are you busy

Me... nop

She... could you do me a favor. I am out of smokes. can you buy me some if I give you money

Me... actually i am not allowed to touch the cigarettes

She... I wondered

She... no problem thanks

Me... sorry bout that

She... not a problem

Me... thanks

tat's it lol.... i hope i did not offend her.

How would you guys have responded if you were asked the same or similar thing without humiliating or disrespecting the person?

yeah u did the right thing and good on ya!  :)

but..

y cant u touch ciggerettes??? LOL i mean its not as if its gona go in ur mouth  :doh: @

so wot happens? is it a sin? u go to hell or something?

i duno...someone explain to me.. im dumb  :doh: @

bhul chuff maaf

124668[/snapback]

Im not sure about the touching thing!! But what happens if your a cleaner?

More to the point of selling, or buying for someone, its worse than taking it yourself as somewhere along the lines in that person likfe, they may stop, u are fueling them therefore feeding their addiction. Thats worse then actually intoxicating yourself.

Did the right thing by not getting for her.

well i def wouldnt but it for anyone one, as for touching it i used to avoid it sooooo much but its sometimes gets a bit hard if a friend needs me to hold a pack so i do but bottom of my heart i think its wrong for a sikh or amritdhari to be holding what is wrong to use.

could say touching aint gonna make u impure lol

but reminds u of the Guru Ji's horse refusing to enter that field story.

I PMed her my answer as soon i received her message without thinking. there is a sakhi that when Guru Gobind Singh Ji was going somewhere on his horse and suddenly, the ghora stopped and refused to move further, u know u want the horse to move and he doesn't and raises their front legs up in the air. That's exacly what happened. Guru ji tried to move him, but he won't. Later on, it was leanred that that there was a tobacoo field ahead.

There's another side to this situation. I think when someone is sooooooooooooooo addicted to cigarette and will die at the spot if he is not given a cigerette and you are the only one who is around and can save his life, but later on try to help him reduce it and slowly make him quit his habbit. i think in that situaion, it will be, according to me, right thing to give that person cigerette. what u guys think. i may be wrong. pray.gif

Few minutes ago, our Team Lead sent me instance message. Here's the small conversation between her and me (I replace her and my name with 'She' and 'Me', respectively.):

She... are you busy

Me... nop

She... could you do me a favor. I am out of smokes. can you buy me some if I give you money

Me... actually i am not allowed to touch the cigarettes

She... I wondered

She... no problem thanks

Me... sorry bout that

She... not a problem

Me... thanks

tat's it lol.... i hope i did not offend her.

How would you guys have responded if you were asked the same or similar thing without humiliating or disrespecting the person?

124570[/snapback]

very good move there. You handle the suitation pretty good without offending her. If it was hot headed sikh, he would have been exteremely offended and expected her to know rules of sikhs as next to her ideals.