Hinduization Of Sikh Faith & History

humble_kaur

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what should be the course of action?

125711[/snapback]

1. More and more effective parchaar to the so called sikh masses. These are the ppl who claim to be sikh but hardly know anything about it and they do all the hindu rituals and practices.

------>maybe nows a good time for the gurdwara management ppl to actually start spending the money where it is NEEDED: Education. I juz don't understand the benefit of spending millions of dollars on a beautiful building of marble and granite when the future generations are drifting away and hardly anything is being done to educate them. no.gif

2. Sikhism should be recognized as a separate religion in the Indian constiution rather than a sect of Hinduism. Of course, thats not bout to happen soon.

(note: this is mostly sarcasm, I'm not being too serious but I wouldn't look it over:)

Why should we women care what happens to sikhi? We ain't allowed to do seva! LOL.gif Lets seem them panj pyare do something about it, they think they have a good idea about what women can and can not do...so probably they've got some Brilliant ideas to tackle the hinduization of sikhi. :)

(remember i'm joking ! but give it some thought if its worth a moment) :doh:

Why should we women care what happens to sikhi?

Bhenji, I realize that you were 'joking' when you said the above. But is this the approach we really want to take. We would put all the women to shame in our past. Take for instance Mai Bhago, she led an army of 40 deserters into a battle. Mata Tripta and Bibi Nanaki encouraged Guru Nanak Dev Ji to persue his lifelong mission. The big issue is seva...well Mata Khivi was in charge of langar where she helped create a new social consciousness of women. Bibi Bhani was the symbol of responsibility, dedication, humility and fortitude. Mata Gujri was an inspiring force during one of the most difficult times in Sikh History. Of course also our spiritual mother of Khalsa, Mata Sahib Kaur. Mata Sundri, even after Guru Gobind Singh Ji, she provided leadership for the Sikhs in very difficult times.

All these women played such an important role in Sikh History, how can we put them to shame? Is this what we will teach our daughters and sons?

This is sad what is going on with our Sikh Faith and History. Maybe we, as the youth, need to take a stand for what is going on. Is this what we want our children to grow up in? Because I definitely see it happening. Parents of today are so busy with keeping the family running, maya of this world, that they are neglecting to see that our Sikh Faith is slipping right out from under our noses.

It was definitely disheartening reading this article. I personally do not have any pictures of our Guru Ji, because Guru Ji lives within me. As Bhai Gurdas explains that the picture of the Guru is his “Word”, Gurbani, which a Sikh is to love. Even though I don't associate Guru Ji's with the pictures, the idea of putting them amongst others, such as Guru Nanak Dev Ji with Indira Gandhi.... Do I need say more??

So, instead of pointing fingers amongst each other, lets try to come together and find a solution, by reading Gurbani, because ALL the solutions are there.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

So what should be the course of action?

125711[/snapback]

1. More and more effective parchaar to the so called sikh masses. These are the ppl who claim to be sikh but hardly know anything about it and they do all the hindu rituals and practices.

------>maybe nows a good time for the gurdwara management ppl to actually start spending the money where it is NEEDED: Education. I juz don't understand the benefit of spending millions of dollars on a beautiful building of marble and granite when the future generations are drifting away and hardly anything is being done to educate them. no.gif

2. Sikhism should be recognized as a separate religion in the Indian constiution rather than a sect of Hinduism. Of course, thats not bout to happen soon.

125713[/snapback]

Thanks simran ji for ur response. This is a very serious problem. I dont know why people in punjab are sleep that badly. This is a wake up call. I think we should approach sikh organisations in punjab just to remind them the gravity of the problem.

Something substantial should be done otherwise we will face the similar situation we faced before indian independence( mahants and all that). Remember sikhs gave so many shaheedis to get back their gurudwaras. Now I think we have to suffer again to get respect for our guru ji (as they are installing guru ji in mandirs).

Its a real serious problem.

i got an idea. lets start saying that Hindu's are a sect of Sikhism.

THEORY: in the future Khalsa Raj a GurSikh from Khalistan Aeronatics and Space Administsration (KASA) travels back in time and spreads the Hindu idea to the primitives. lol only messing

on a serious note how i see it is that Sikhism is like a diamond. The Muslim tries to take it by force whilst the Hindu always thinks it's his in the first place.

i don't think this will change in the near future. the biggest enemy we face at the moment is ourselves. rss are doing false parchar in villages to mainly illegitimate folk and our leaders are letting us down. the panth is infiltrated by so many anti-Sikh elements, if only we had the Anandpur Sahib resolution which would have alllowed us to do mass parchar amongst other things.

and if we try taking out these bad 'Sikh' elements then we risk dividing the panth and arousing paranoia. all we can do is continue working for the benefit and propagation of our faith. the hinduization and disintegration of the masses has been going on for a long time, whether it be rss, western culture, conversions, baba dera's etc but the Khalsa has always kept Sikhi going and when challenged grown stronger. our history bears testiment to it. rss are aware of that which is why they are trying their best to destroy the Sikh identity but what they forget is that the PANTH IS OF AKAL PURAKH and no matter what they do or however bad times get they will never be able to destroy Sikhi.

so bring it on..... :nihungsmile:

RSS celebrates foundation day

Tribune News Service

Jalandhar, October 12

To mark the 80th foundation day of the RSS, swayam sewaks of the region took out a procession through the city today.

The RSS workers gathered at the grounds of Sain Dass School where “shastra pujan” of swords, rifles, revolvers and wooden canes was performed.

They were addressed by Mr Kishore Kant, regional pracharak of the RSS. He said the motive of all RSS workers should be to associate various groups of society irrespective of their caste and creed. He said till the people of the lower castes were distinguished against, the conversions would continue.

The pracharak said the RSS was not averse to conversion of religion as everyone had the right to worship God in whichever way he wanted to, but the worst part was that the converted people turned rebellious against the followers of their original religion, which was not acceptable.

The procession passed through Mai Hiran Gate, Jyoti Chowk, Rainak Bazaar and Patel Chowk. Prominent BJP leaders, including Mr Shiv Dyal Chugh, Mr Manoranjan Kalia and members of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), took part in the march in which the sewaks were carrying swords, rifles, revolvers and canes.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20051013/punjab.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And here is what takes the cake:

Mr Badal declared that his party, along with the BJP, would raise the issue of land-grab case at Nayagaon involving top bureaucrats.

He also denied any differences with RSS chief K.S. Sudarshan. “Except the Congress, I have no difference with anybody,” he quipped.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20051013/punjab1.htm#9

The leader of the RSS Sudarshan is Badal's man. Congrats to our sikh brothers and sisters who have voted for badal over and over again, tahnks for selling our sikhi for pennies. The blame goes to the confused people of Punjab who had jhujaroo sikhs killed in the 80s and 90s and now they are supporting the destruction of sikhi. The blame goes to all those lost people in punjab! Period. That is the gosh darn truth.