>>>important<<<<

Guest **Gupt duh**

Im not implying you do those things...chill...lol

I was saying about those OTHER "sikh" girls who seem to think its acceptable to do what they do.

Listen if a Sikh guy played around and slept with muslim girls and then come to for marriage... you still gonna have that unconditional love for him as a Sikh or are you going to be a hypocritc ?

oh right, my bad!!!

if that guy sorted himself out, and was leading a good clean life, then yes i would consider him. why should a person be forver judged on their past? its the present thats counts. if he's leading a good life, has accepted that what he did was wrong, and would never do it again, then thats good enough for me. judge the person on who the ARE, not on who they WERE. thats just the way i think, mayb its wrong to some people, but its just the way i think.

Im not implying you do those things...chill...lol

I was saying about those OTHER "sikh" girls who seem to think its acceptable to do what they do.

Listen if a Sikh guy played around and slept with muslim girls and then come to for marriage... you still gonna have that unconditional love for him as a Sikh or are you going to be a hypocritc ?

oh right, my bad!!!

if that guy sorted himself out, and was leading a good clean life, then yes i would consider him. why should a person be forver judged on their past? its the present thats counts. if he's leading a good life, has accepted that what he did was wrong, and would never do it again, then thats good enough for me. judge the person on who the ARE, not on who they WERE. thats just the way i think, mayb its wrong to some people, but its just the way i think.

126893[/snapback]

I doubt very much girls would forgive a guy for his past similarly most guys wouldnt either... that is why most guys prefer virgiin girls who have not past that would haunt them in later life.

Like I said you reap wot you sow.... it all comes back full circle. That past sooner or later catches up with you. If not now then later on in life when you have arguments with you partner and the past is dragged up or maybe your kids will do exactly wot you've done in the past and you arent able to control them sincerely because you've done the exact same things and your kids turn around and say if you did it why can't I.

It's clear some of you dont' have foresight to the future...because if we tolerate this kind of behaviour, which it seems we are increasingly, then we will tolerate all kinds of crap in the future only to the determent of our faith and community.

I doubt very much girls would forgive a guy for his past similarly most guys wouldnt either... that is why most guys prefer virgiin girls who have not past that would haunt them in later life.

Like I said you reap wot you sow.... it all comes back full circle. That past sooner or later catches up with you. If not now then later on in life when you have arguments with you partner and the past is dragged up or maybe your kids will do exactly wot you've done in the past and you arent able to control them sincerely because you've done the exact same things and your kids turn around and say if you did it why can't I.

It's clear some of you dont' have foresight to the future...because if we tolerate this kind of behaviour, which it seems we are increasingly, then we will tolerate all kinds of crap in the future only to the determent of our faith and community.

im not most girls, im me, so i can only speak for myself, and i would be willing to forgive and forget. i would prefer my husband to be a <admin-profanity filter activated>, but as i say, we dont always get what we want, and so must be willing accept a person for who they are and not on who they were.

i totally agree with you on the whole what you reap you sow. the past does catch up with you, i totally agree, but then thats Gods way of punishing us in a way, its not for people to punish others, thats for Big G to do. God dont hold a belna to our heads, not one that we can see neway, so when we do mess up, itl kinda dictate the future. to me, the past is best left in the past.

i mayb wrong, or mayb im confused, but thers a difference in tolerating something, and not judging others. i dont tolerate this kinda act, but i wont judge that person.

i think in general i totally agree with you on certain tings sikh supreme, but my approach to tings are a lil different to you.

im not most girls, im me, so i can only speak for myself, and i would be willing to forgive and forget. i would prefer my husband to be a <admin-profanity filter activated>, but as i say, we dont always get what we want, and so must be willing accept a person for who they are and not on who they were.

i totally agree with you on the whole what you reap you sow. the past does catch up with you, i totally agree, but then thats Gods way of punishing us in a way, its not for people to punish others, thats for Big G to do. God dont hold a belna to our heads, not one that we can see neway, so when we do mess up, itl kinda dictate the future. to me, the past is best left in the past.

i mayb wrong, or mayb im confused, but thers a difference in tolerating something, and not judging others. i dont tolerate this kinda act, but i wont judge that person.

i think in general i totally agree with you on certain tings sikh supreme, but my approach to tings are a lil different to you.

126899[/snapback]

Fair enough, each to their own. My approach was always to get the guys who messed with Sikh girls beaten up....but how many guys can we beat up when I increasingly see it is the girls who are at fault aswell not just the guys. Muslim guys will try and bed any non-muslim girl because they want to keep their girls "pure".. so they act all nice and sweet with girls then after they got wot they want they girls chucked to the side because in the guys eyes shes just another "sikh slag" and they go off to marry a freshie virgiin wifey from pakistan. Leaving the girls rep in ruins.

I understand all that.... why don't these girls listen to all the advice on sites warning them about the dangers and consequences of going off with guys outside the religion? Don't they have any concept of sticking to their own kind?

That is wot gets me frustrated because if they didnt go out with non-sikh guys they wouldnt be having these kind of problems in the first place. We shouldnt waste our energy worrying about girls who have CHOSEN to step outside the faith... let them take responsibility for their actions..

No Sikh Supreme u misunderstood me, me and my english :) .

OK, to make it clear (it takes time to write clear and concise but I'll try blush.gif ):

Girl (A) has parents who only care about their izzat, not A, maybe not even Sikhism but course like most ppl they know Muslims are dodgy but they never take the time out to explain that to A.

A has violent dad, this further adds to her dislike of Sikh men (u know I have a 17ish old family friend who doesnt want to marry an amritdhari cos her dad is one and he is very violent to her mum).

A has 2 options:

1.Marry Muslim- Muslim pretends he loves her and understands her, he says Islam is the truth and Sikhism tolerant of every religion cos every religion leads to GOD so A can convert and still be in heaven.

2.Marry Sikh guy, Sikh guy has attitude problem, A is human and can make mistakes, Sikh guy says all women who do not care about their religion are slags, A is a female and feels that to be a hurtful comment because her upbringing was very different to that of some 'good sikh girls'. Sikh guy will only be there for her while she is good and if she does wrong as far as he is concerned she can get lost.

Now sikh guy may be better human but A doesnt know that!

You really have to look at the upbringing of that girl.

And I said b4 as well that I was NOT NOT NOT talking about myself, I wouldnt marry a guy regardless of whether he is sweet or not unless he was proper pakka in his sikhi, but I wouldnt want him to be all stuck up and say if someone wants to ask for help they can else let them suffer- these types of humans are scary (yeh ur views are scary :doh: @ ), what happened to sikh loving and caring abt all.

I agree some men cant control themselves but I really don't think we can expect women to cover themselves-if they want to then safe but if they dont want to then still fine cos else it sort of supports the Islamic thinking-men cannot control their urges :doh: .

So we should make an example of girls that slag abt, lol sounds like the Islamic punishment of , if u caught doing something dodgy then be stoned in public... ouch.

I mean ur views dont seem to be those of a non judgmental type of guy as a sikh should be cos only Guru Ji can say hey u deserved it. Your views are a bit extremist islamic... soz blush.gif :doh: .... I aint judging u , just saying what ur views make me think u are, soz :doh: @

Anyways all respect to ur views, I'm just gonna have to agree to disagree with u, oh well.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

SSM,

I know the type of girls you talking about.... I have been friends with many of them...they lacked knowledge of Sikhism but came from a supposed sikh family. One girl who I treated like a sister had respect for Sikh guys but went of with muslims and incidently got involved in drugs and was gang raped...when she told me I was seeing red and those guys were jumped...I nearly got kicked out of college for her... then a few months later I saw her again going off in a car full of same kind of losers. Do you think I can respect those kind of girls? Do you think I should waste my energy for those type of girls?

Hell no... and if that makes me less of a Sikh than you so be it.. I ain't the one to judge what makes a true Sikh or not...all I know is what is she was doing was against Sikhi even though I supported her when she needed me and it was all chucked back in my face.

I agree some men cant control themselves but I really don't think we can expect women to cover themselves-if they want to then safe but if they dont want to then still fine cos else it sort of supports the Islamic thinking-men cannot control their urges  .

So are you trying to say that Guru ji was wrong when he said women should dress modestly? If women want to dress half naked thats their right but they must understand they will attract the wrong kind of attention.

As for punishment yes I agree with making examples of people so that others learn from them....Not Islamic punishment thats barbaric but punishment that fits the situcation..... maybe your a lilly liberal who might want to see things in that way. But I like to see people see the consequences for peoples actions so that they LEARN. Otherwise with people like you around this kinda crap is not going to stop because you'll be their making excuses for girls who have no respect or care for Sikhi.

The girl in your scenerio you paint... has another option find a Sikh guy who has the same values, up bringing as her. Why stray from the religion? If she marries or runs off with a muslim thats her tough luck why should we care about someone who has given up the faith.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, Waheguroo ji ki fateh!

Sangat jio, i totally 100% agree with heera veerji. Everyone makes mistakes in their lives, nobodys perfect. Why call ourselves gursikhs? Do gursikhs leave their fellow dear sisters to suffer? No, We should help our sisters/brothers, get through the tiimes they're going through. And yes, she did make the choice to get together with a Boy to date. But who are we to say, we have not made mistakes? Maybe we havnt done the same as her, but someof us have lied, stolen, and even cheated ( teachers, parents, and ourselves) So, who are we to say, " it was her fault, she can deal with it" or watever? And like heera veerji said, " Does Sikhi not teach us to love, accept, and forgive" ?? And i give seriuos props to bhenji, for sharing a story like that. Doesnt it make us all think?...

Once again heera veerji made an excellent point. Who cares if it was muslim/paki guy? Why do we judge them? Let them live life the way they want to. And they will let us. WE NEED TO SHOW OUR BHENJI LOVE, AND SUPPORT!!!

bhenji, times like this will go, and The almighty, willl come to u, and hold you in his arms, and repeat waheguroo in ur soft, tender ear. He loves you, and dont ever forget that.!!!

Take care,

nuff luv,

Manleen Kaur

I respect this nation of unconditional love but 99.9% of times I gurantee you will be hypocrites when a situation turns up and you WILL judge the guy the girl the daughter the son. Only Waheguru and Guru ji gives us unconditional love...HUMANS do not.

Ask any Sikh guy if he wants to marry a girl who had been around with paki muslim guys... 99.9% will never do so. So where is the future for these kinda girls? they have only themselves to blame like I said people should learn the consequences of their actions.

I offer my sympathy to girls who have learnt the hard way what straying from Sikhi does...and I respect you for warning other girls not to take similar actions.

Wjkk wjkf

Veeerji, im reaally appaled at what im hearing. Shouldnt Sikh men, realize that everyone is human, and that people make mistakes, nobodys perfect! And yes, i agree people need to learn the consequences of their actions, but they're trying to, but if people like us keeep throwing them to the side, and keep saying, well thats jus disgusting what you did and all that, how are they going to grow self confidence bak inside of them? They need love and support and yes guruji is the only one who can give 100% unconditional love, but cant we give love?.....

But i do agree with you on some points.. but.. we need to understand people make mistakes, and we should help them.... learn about sikhi, and love them..... Everyones human ji.

they have only themselves to blame like I said people should learn the consequences of their actions.

I offer my sympathy to girls who have learnt the hard way what straying from Sikhi does...and I respect you for warning other girls not to take similar actions.

i totally agree wiv ya

and now i can see where your coming from, cos u tried to help a gal out but she ended up doin again. i get what your saying now, but what i wana say is that just cos that one gal didn learn from her mistakes, dont mean that another gal wont. mayb anova gal (hopefully ther wont b another gal) will learn from her mistake and appreciate what u done for her. dont give up on gals who have messed up.

u gotz some good points of veiw to share