Top Posters In This Topic

I phoned up Mughar Singh, below i smy coversation with a few of my thoguhts:

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Me:Is this Mughar Singh

Mr. Mughar Singh: Yes

Me:I would like to know why is it that guroo mahraj is kept in shelves

Mr.Mughar Singh: Guroo Mahraj is not kept on shelves

Me:I have been told he is

Mr. Mughar Singh:Guroo Mahraj used to be but know we have a cot.

Me:Ok, but why is it that guroo mahraj used to be kept on a shelf.

Mr. Mughar Singh: We did not have enoguh space, but now we have a cot.

*I moved on at this point because I knew that that issue was sorted out now*

Me:Id like to know what is going to happen with guroo mahraj saroops when the old gurdvara is being made into a party hall.

Mr Mughar Singh: No, who told you this, it is not being made into a party hall.

Me:But you have made the new gurdvara and thats what your going to do with the old one.

Mr. Mughar Singh: We havent decided that yet, there will be a meeting where we will discuss this, I will raise this pont at the meeting.

Me:Ok, but what will you do with guroo mahraj's saroops

Mr. Mughar Singh:We will move them to the new gurvara.

Me: Will you take all of them.

Mr. Mughar SIngh: we dont have enoguh space.

Me:What will you do with them, will they be left where there is alcohol.

Mr. Mughar Singh:We are trying to find places in the newham area can keep the saroops.If we cant we will ask the council to build an angeetha sahib, so we can the saroops properly according to maryada.

Me: So you are sure they wont be left with meat or alcohol at parties.

Mr. Mughar Singh:No definetly not, we currently have small vegetarian parties, liek birthday parties on the seperate floor. The second floor is registered by the council as a religious place and we only keep guru granth sahib ji there.

Me:Is there music at those parties.

Mr. Mughar Singh:We have light music on the other floor, because our religion says nothing against that.

*Obvuously there shouldnt be any music, i wanted to argue against this, but i wasnt ready just yet *

Me:Ok but no meat or alcohol.

Mr. Mughar SIngh:Yes, no meat or alcohol.

Me:Thank you very much.

Mr:Mughar Singh: If you want to know anything about sikhism please call me and i will tell you.

Me:Thank you, bye.

u what, he asked u if u want to know anything abt sikhi?

shouldnt it have been u asking him, :doh:

OK well done though, did more than me :) but when is this meeting?

I'll try calling to teach him a bit abt sikhi if I get in touch with him... so now Guru Ji Saroops upstairs and ppl singing and dancing to 'Aaj hor peen noo jeee karda''/

yeh course its fine :doh: @

have we thought about how disrespectful it will be to have Guru Ji upstairs and a party downstairs????

this reminds me of the swindon and leeds issues. my cousin was telling me that in his area a gurdwara started vegetarian parties and eventually it turned into everything goes party with alcohol.

these are the same people who thought it was ok to have Guru Granth Sahib Ji on shelves for God knows how long and then these Singhs came along to sort it out.

did they help towards the seva? was the pardhaan or any committee member present when u did Sachkhand di seva?

Its like that Gurdwara in Huddersfield. Inside the Guru Ghar they have federation press releases on the notice board (they did have last time I went a few years ago), the committee wale walk around in their big kesri dastaars. BUT just across the road they run a community hall which they rent out for parties. The idiots have called this community centre the SIKH Community Centre. Great use of the word Sikh. It will give outsiders a great view of what Sikhi stands for, when they see people consuming alcohol and dancing to Jugni with bottles of black label on their heads.

Mr. Mughar Singh:We are trying to find places in the newham area can keep the saroops.If we cant we will ask the council to build an angeetha sahib, so we can the saroops properly according to maryada.

So all of a sudden this committee is concerned about Maryada!

Me: So you are sure they wont be left with meat or alcohol at parties.

Mr. Mughar Singh:No definetly not, we currently have small vegetarian parties, liek birthday parties on the seperate floor. The second floor is registered by the council as a religious place and we only keep guru granth sahib ji there.

Me:Is there music at those parties.

Mr. Mughar Singh:We have light music on the other floor, because our religion says nothing against that.

Complete and utter JOKE! I want to come around his home and blast light music. What does he mean by light music? A Sitar??? You dont do a bhog of an Akhand Path with "Light" Bhangra music blasting away!!

Me:Ok but no meat or alcohol.

Mr. Mughar SIngh:Yes, no meat or alcohol.

I sure we can all read between the lines!!

Mr:Mughar Singh: If you want to know anything about sikhism please call me and i will tell you.

Again a great example of a pardhan who has no understanding of Sikhi. To him a Gurdwara is a service provider and they wish to branch out into Receptions. Why should hotels only make money from parties. The Ramgarhia Gurdwara London wants a piece of the profits aswell!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

So here we go again.... Another committee ready to turn their back on Sikh principles.

To clarify this issue, I spoke to a Committee Singh (not the Pardhan) who I personally know @ Ramgharia Gurdwara.

This is a summary of what he told me.

1) They will have Mahraj's parkash on the 3rd floor hall incase of "emergency" Akhand Paths or Anand Karajs (i.e. keep the revenue comming in!)

2) The Sachkhand will remain on the premises as the new Multi-Million pound Gurdwara building down the road "cannot sufficiently house all the current Saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji that they Gurdwara have". (i.e they made the halls and langar halls nice and big so that they get hundreds of wedding guest but kept a box room for Guru Ji.

3) The bottom 2 halls will be available for function hire. Parties will be allowed. There will be no alcohol or meat but DJs will be allowed.

4) Finally he said the Sangat can come and take a Saroop of Guru Ji if they wish. The committee have too many and people are welcome to take a Saroop of Guru Ji home! NOW THAT'S A JOKE! I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT THEIR PARENTS OR CHILDREN!

When is the next committee meeting? Better still we should get together and go an speak to the committee. They are answerable to the Sangat!

Vaaheguro Jee Kaa Khalsa Vaheguroo jee ke fateh

this sounds like an complete joke i am also from east london so i am aware of this guroodawara i think all singhs and singneea should get together and go to the gurodwara and talk to the Pardhan or whoever and make cllear stand that we will not allow this to happen, so whatever happens can u please keep posting all details whether their will be meetings and so on .

Vaheguroo jee kaa Khalsa Vaheguroo je ke fateh