Sikh Societies...

Golee Maro

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U Said it now bro!! you gota keep it!!

lol

Weekly simran night again in cov!! Today! Everyone welcome!!

Coventry St Gurdwara from 6.30-9ish with some WICKED langar and even better keertan!!!

Opportunity for the Navreet Singh Jatha fans to get to listen to his keertan live!!

Ranz came last week, he knows it was sick!! :TH: And same goes for the other DMU sikh soc memebers who came!!

The more hands the better, chat to the uni students, answer their questions, clean their shoes etc! This is a chance to show people this great thing that Guru Nanak Dev Ji started!

127257[/snapback]

:doh:

DEFO bro.

We Are humble servents of the Lord.

Will make full effort to come down to many events as possible, paji.

Lets make our Sikhi weeks (in Every Region) a Success, knowing all Sikhs CAN work together)

:)

Waheguroo pray.gif

127266[/snapback]

Wjkk Wjkf

I personally believe that BOSS do a Brilliant Job, (from my experience). WHENEVER, We need Literature, CD's, goodie packs, Lecturers/talkers AND .. ADVICE, BOSS have helped us quickly as possible.

Im a student at DMU (Demontfort Uni, Leicester). Im a final year, and active in helping run the Sikh Society. We must remember that BOSS cant be EVERYWHERE, this is why they have TAKEN steps to help keep an eye out, such as having Representatives in each area, if not City, For example, East Mids, West Mids etc...

There are pro's n cons of Moneh and Non Amrithdari People being head of Sikh Soc. Like, i would say If moneh want to get into sikhi, and if runnin a sikh society helps them get closer to Sikhi, then why not? Many of us, one day may have been moneh. Maybe that one mona who gets involved into Sikh Societies, a year down the line, he may grow his hair..? You never know.

On the other hand, its better if a Amrithdari Sikh runs Sikh Soc, as he/she knows more about sikhi, the rights and wrong, the do's and dont's? i.e. one may think organising a Bhangra gig is ok, whereas the other may say, "No, hold on, thats Panjabi, and not sikhi.. We should do kirtan darbar instead.."

However, instead of having a committee or a president and stuff, have Panj Amritdhari Sikhs running it. Many Moneh, girls who are not amritdhari, DO still get involved and do what they wish, However, everything goes through panj Amritdhari Sikhs to make sure that everythin is above board, in terms of right + wrong / Do's + Dont's...  I know one uni that does that, and Guru ji does loadza kirpa.

But back to original point, i believe BOSS are doing their job, end of the day, i think they are doing their best. Without their seva / help, we wouldnt be as far as we are today, as sikh socs.

These are My views, others may have different experiences.

Guru ji knows who are doing seva for his panth today, and how much, in fact.

Keep it up BOSS.

Wjkk Wjkf

P.s.  > Can we get the ball rolling for East midlands Sikhi Week please??? :> :)

Pul chuk maaf

127227[/snapback]

Wjkk Wjkf

I for one can say that Ranz paji, gursharan paji and all of the other leicester lot are doing GREAT seva with the Sikh Society and hope they keep it up.

Trust me these lot work so hard, even my sister whos not really into Sikhi but says "im a Sikh" read the letter from God which they handed out at DMU Sikh Soc and she goes "omg it made me say Waheguru three times, its wicked"

Trust me people before you point fingers make sure ur handz are clean

Fateh

Dnt suppose u got the article??

I wont get a chance to get of Gursharon as he doesnt seem to have any left when im free!

Wjkk Wjkf

I personally believe that BOSS do a Brilliant Job, (from my experience). WHENEVER, We need Literature, CD's, goodie packs, Lecturers/talkers AND .. ADVICE, BOSS have helped us quickly as possible.

Im a student at DMU (Demontfort Uni, Leicester). Im a final year, and active in helping run the Sikh Society. We must remember that BOSS cant be EVERYWHERE, this is why they have TAKEN steps to help keep an eye out, such as having Representatives in each area, if not City, For example, East Mids, West Mids etc...

There are pro's n cons of Moneh and Non Amrithdari People being head of Sikh Soc. Like, i would say If moneh want to get into sikhi, and if runnin a sikh society helps them get closer to Sikhi, then why not? Many of us, one day may have been moneh. Maybe that one mona who gets involved into Sikh Societies, a year down the line, he may grow his hair..? You never know.

On the other hand, its better if a Amrithdari Sikh runs Sikh Soc, as he/she knows more about sikhi, the rights and wrong, the do's and dont's? i.e. one may think organising a Bhangra gig is ok, whereas the other may say, "No, hold on, thats Panjabi, and not sikhi.. We should do kirtan darbar instead.."

However, instead of having a committee or a president and stuff, have Panj Amritdhari Sikhs running it. Many Moneh, girls who are not amritdhari, DO still get involved and do what they wish, However, everything goes through panj Amritdhari Sikhs to make sure that everythin is above board, in terms of right + wrong / Do's + Dont's...  I know one uni that does that, and Guru ji does loadza kirpa.

But back to original point, i believe BOSS are doing their job, end of the day, i think they are doing their best. Without their seva / help, we wouldnt be as far as we are today, as sikh socs.

These are My views, others may have different experiences.

Guru ji knows who are doing seva for his panth today, and how much, in fact.

Keep it up BOSS.

Wjkk Wjkf

P.s.  > Can we get the ball rolling for East midlands Sikhi Week please??? :> :)

Pul chuk maaf

127227[/snapback]

Wjkk Wjkf

I for one can say that Ranz paji, gursharan paji and all of the other leicester lot are doing GREAT seva with the Sikh Society and hope they keep it up.

Trust me these lot work so hard, even my sister whos not really into Sikhi but says "im a Sikh" read the letter from God which they handed out at DMU Sikh Soc and she goes "omg it made me say Waheguru three times, its wicked"

Trust me people before you point fingers make sure ur handz are clean

Fateh

127463[/snapback]