Not A Single Real Sikh At School

singhnii♥

At my school, there is an extremely large amount of punjabis.....but very few sikhs...

back when i was in elementary school there was a bunch of girls eating pizza that had meat on it, and one of them happened to go to my punjabi skool. i asked them y they were eating meat and didnt say anything. i told them that they shouldnt call themselves sikh and one of them asked why not.

i told her she was doing the exact same thing that the guru said not to.

she said that she was only doing one wrong thing.

then i asked her y she cut her hair..and she sat there dumbstruck..she was like..well i to paht sometimes......

i staredat them with pity

one day i happened to notice 2 kids talking beside me. one was telling the other to cut his hair. the other kid said that he would if the other did. soo the next day i saw one of the two boys had cut his hair

later, i made a comment that people throw around the name of Sikh like its a toy and that just cuz ur born in2 a sikh family that dosnt make you a sikh. one boy got angry at this and said "just cuz i eat meat that dosnt mean im not a sikh!"

recently i was appalled at wut people said: one boy called me a 'giani' and apparently to them that's something reely bad....i wondered if they even knew wut a giani was!

last year i did a project on Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale at school and before my presentation one punjabi kid asked me who "the guy on my poster" was. NOT ONE PERSON KNEW WHO HE WAS!

I find, it annoying and distressing that children who are raised in sikh familiees dont even knoew who they are! no.gif

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Kaur sis the only advice I can give you is to worry about yourself, forget what those kids are doing dont judge them. If you really want to help them, just be an example, just be a true Sikh. After all we must remember it is not the religion that benefits when someone follows it, the benefiter is always the student.

really i dont think its a good idea to go around telling everyone that they did this wrong and that wrong and then this wrong cos IF it is not helping anyone then dont waste ur time.

yep the situation very sad but all u can do is try to raise awareness of who Sant Jarnail Singh Ji are etc but why fight hunna

I would say, BEcome an inspiration for others. Walk on the path what Guru Sahib provided us and when they see you, they will feel the guilt theirself through guru's Kirpa. May be Guru Sahib choosen you to inspire others thats why no Gursikh is there?

And even if you end up inspiring 1 person, then "tuhada jeevan Safal ho jawega".

Khima,

Barik.

if this individual is amritdhari then he/she is fearless cause he/she has given his/her head to Guru sahib. A khalsa is tyaar bhar tyaar and is equal to sawa lakh. I am not amritdhari but i believe that with all my heart.

"We sikhs need to stop living on glorifying deeds of puratan gurmukhs and warriors"

wow.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

MKLQ bro to put it nicely you need to grow up, I'm making this my first post on Divali and I so did not want to be rude but. why do u have to bring in what someone said on one thread into the other continuously?

Namstag might not complain, thats not the point, but instead of being like a sikh and understanding that the guy has a cousin who is suffering so much u go and throw salt on the wounds. Put nicely-stop it.

If u cant discuss things then dont, no need to attack anyone personally, if u claim ur not supposed to do that then heck dont!

You are both correct in a way but he has a point, there are a lot of amritdharis on this forum but really how many exactly are willing to fight sava lakh if it comes to the crunch heh? The Singhs in Guru Ji's time were giving their head knowing that they would be required to fight, we give our heads thinking its unlikely to be needed, lets face it, our we all as strong as the Singhs of that time?

And Namstang an amritdhari, a true amritdhari can fight sava lakh, becuase u dont need physical but spiritual strength and when Guru Ji look at one with their beatufil eyes then who can stop that Singh(nee) from fighting and winning the battle against sava lakh?

WAheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh