mp3 of a threat we got

Guest SikhForLife

Guest Dilkaraja

I know what hate crimes are, all I am saying is what the guy said was not a threat. Just because you tell someone to go back to their country does not mean they are going to be hurt. It is just a matter of speech.

..Sangat jee..

..waheguroo..!! Umm..if you receive a message like that it is 'hate' fueled..usually leading to hate crimes..typical psyche of such people. They want to scare you, alert you..and then many times attack, vandalize, abuse (physcially/verbally), etc.

Trust me..people DO get angry for no reason, and when they see someone vulnerable (i.e. Sardar Jee's) they think this is the best way to vent out our anger. Frank Roque..classic example...

After 9-11 there was a Sikh woman who was waiting at a red light and was stabbed for the way she looked!!! Stabbed..in a busy intersection..a random act of crime..it's all about anger..that poor lady did NOTHING..but she got it due to HATE!

It's really not for us to judge what is a threat..we all have our different levels of saftey, and yes I agree always keep shastars on you! My sangat always tell me to keep pepper spray/peppers, etc with me as well, along with a Sarbloh Kara :umm: (I think there is a post about how to use your kara for defense).

I have to agree with S1ngh and say it's very obvious that the Law states a threat is a criminal act. Jus think about it, if you make a bomb threat, they will arrest you(!) Also, if you make a physical threat on a person, police/lawyers can and usually do issue some sort of order which doesn't allow that person to be within a certain amount of distance to the person. So I'm quite sure if Singh's dad left that same message on the man's voi

ce mail, the police would be after him in no time! Yes..we are all people, but Sikhi is our life, our lifestyle that IS the person who we are! Sitting with cookies with a person so raged with hate (you could hear in his voice) is not a societal solution at all...

Okay..about these personal attacks, I'm sorry but that is so full of HATE! Why are you using profanity DilkaRaja? I really don't think S1ngh was even TRYING to make you look stupid/bad, and he certainly didn't make a fool of himself either!!

S1ngh is a very educated Sikh, and he can spell, and I really don't think he is 'trying' to educate anyone pyareo..He's sharing his views just like you, and facts as well..

Please don't bring anger, hate, or profanity to the forum..we are trying to reach oneness..and this is not the way..

I'm afraid what you may say to me Dilkaraja after this, but I have spoken the truth..sorry if it offends you.. ^_^