Caste System

sikhwarrior_88

to shed some light on guru's marrying within caste:

the audience they influenced at that time heavily believed in caste systems. for Guruji to marry someone of another caste (especially lower), would discredit the movements. For the sake of the movement, Guruji married into similar caste possibly to ensure credibility.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true to a certain extent cos people from different castes have different ways of doing day to day things. Like for instance roti making varies from caste to caste like some will make these huge massive things and others make small cute rotis.

So yea thats food taste, then the way punjabi is spoken in the household varies...different terms and phrases are used and all that but slowly these things are fading out due to the world becoming more global.

Personally i don't believe in a caste system....but if i did marry someone from my caste it would be one of those things that just happened to be. At the end of the day you marry someone you will be able to live with.

I guess in a weird way us people abroad are lucky in that there is no real sense of caste system but for many people in india etc there is and then its like your marrying into a certain type of profession, way of live for instance into cleaners...that kinda gives the whole caste thing a different spin.

yeah true...

what people DONT understand..

is that these things dont matter

like i mean..

when getting married...2 souls are combining...

for what?

to reach God...

it shouldnt matter about how they do things differently as long as they agree to Sikhi-related things

cuz if someone was a true devotee, that person would think of Religion first, no?

instead of like some stupid 'how to talk' 'how to make rotis' 'how people eat'

simple stuff like this shoundnt really make a difference in the persons Sikhi

Khalsa_Girl_1.... believe it or not, there's an intimate and very personal aspect of marriage too. Yes, it's to grow together and help each other be 1 with Gawd, but it sounds like you're not giving any stock to the personal, emotional, and physical aspects of marriage. "Stupid things" like how to talk, ,for example, can be a defining thing..... imagine if you had to get married to a guy who didn't use a single word under 9 letters long.

how <Edited> would you be hehe..i'd be maddd as tutt if i got hooked up with some girl who refused to say "the" or "uhh"....and supplemented them with huge words like neutrovocular or sometihng.

those Little things are important.... when you get married, you dn't marry a body, you don't even quite marry a mind, YOU don't marry a soul (your soul marries a soul, but oyu do not), really what each of you is marrying is each others mannerisms....this is what you are going to live with for the rest of your life.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

If you wanna get married then start training for all the women stuff you have to battle :)

When you are married it means you submit to what ever she is whinning about LOL.gif