Sikhs In Hip-hop Music Video

natsilahk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Namastnang - would you also then say that Guru was paranoid :-

sathiguroo binaa hor kachee hai baanee ||

Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

baanee th kachee sathiguroo baajhahu hor kachee baanee ||

The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.

kehadhae kachae sunadhae kachae kacha(n)aee aakh vakhaanee ||

The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.

?????

Guest A Singh.

I think it's quite common knowledge that any true Gursikh who has a real desire to meet Akaal in this lifetime, is going to be listening to Keertan and Gurbani Shabads, rather than wasting their time filling their mind with useless lyrics.

Ang 820:

myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ] swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]

O my fascinating Lord, let me not listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

Namastnang - would you also then say that Guru was paranoid :-

sathiguroo binaa hor kachee hai baanee ||

Without the True Guru, other songs are false.

baanee th kachee sathiguroo baajhahu hor kachee baanee ||

The songs are false without the True Guru; all other songs are false.

kehadhae kachae sunadhae kachae kacha(n)aee aakh vakhaanee ||

The speakers are false, and the listeners are false; those who speak and recite are false.

?????

137124[/snapback]

do you even know history behind kachee bani comment? This is what happens when certain groups dont have any uthanka(historical context) of gurbani or beleive in katha's.

Someone needs to understand the context that the Guru wrote that shabad in. The shabad in question was uchaared when the the Prithi Chandiyas were writing "Gurbani" in the name of Guru Nanak to bring people to their Sangats.

Kachi Bani is "Bani" which isnt really of the pen of the Guru, but it is made out to be. A Dhadhi Vaar isnt kachi bani because it isnt made out to be the words of the Guru.

Kachi bani is not any song or anything.. songs are not even bani at all..I have called him parnoid because he lacks any crediblity to link anything and everything with kachi bani..

pleas elearn some uthanka(historical context) of gurbani otherwise you going to make a grave mistake "misinterpeting your guru".

Gurbani does not revolve all around in sikhitothemax site..grab yourself steeks to understand..english translations wouldn't do any justice...english translations are good to give you spark but cannot provide uthanka(historical context) and adhyatamic context(spiritual context) of gurbani.

That's why i don't quote gurbani that much..because i don't qualify for it to quote gurbani and use gurbani to support twisted beleifs and mindset.

I think it's quite common knowledge that any true Gursikh who has a real desire to meet Akaal in this lifetime, is going to be listening to Keertan and Gurbani Shabads, rather than wasting their time filling their mind with useless lyrics.

Ang 820:

myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ] swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]

O my fascinating Lord, let me not listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

137135[/snapback]

All depends on one's mindset, I sometimes listen to specific hindi songs, qwali songs and still able to picture my Guru, links some of great lyrics to him...if one's mindset is ganda, or mindset has a high sensor to frantically look for gand in the song and ignoring the song, despite of no gand in the song..then blame your mindset and not the song. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ang 820:

137135[/snapback]

All depends on one's mindset, I sometimes listen to specific hindi songs, qwali songs and still able to picture my Guru, links some of great lyrics to him...if one's mindset is ganda, or mindset has a high sensor to frantically look for gand in the song and ignoring the song, despite of no gand in the song..then blame your mindset and not the song. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

137149[/snapback]

there is no point at all in lisnin to music, and to say the lyrics remind me of sikhi or somet like that, is pathetic, listen to kirtan you will actually get benefit and progress in your sikhi, try and do naam simran all day after lisnin to sum dum pop music, not gonna work. youre not a very clever person namstang, you go ahead and bops to music and tell me when youve reached the brahmgyani stage.

Where did somebody see a nihang singh in this song dancing???? dont say such things which u urself are not sure and i think people here are not that illitrate that they dont recognize how nihangs look like. Yes there are few sadhus showing in the clip sitting near banks of ganga..

Fateh