Another Lustful "baba"

Bijla Singh

Desperate Attempt To Free Himself From The Noose Of Shame: Baba Daljeet

Sunday 27th November, 2005

Panthic Weekly News Bureau

Exclusive Streaming Audio

Panthic Weekly interviews Kulwant Singh Hundal of the Sikh Religious Society of Chicago about last week's incidents. (Punjabi)

post-1107-1133238808.jpgChicago, IL (KP) - With more and more incriminating evidence brought forward by the Chicago Sikh Sangat, self-styled "Sant Baba" Daljeet has gone on the defensive. His desperate and last ditch efforts to keep his almost nonexistent credibility has only further entangled him in the noose of shame which he himself put around his very own neck, leaving no chance of escape.

The news regarding "Sant Baba" Daljeet being caught red handed ‘enjoying’ the company of a woman was broke in the previous exclusive edition of Panthic Weekly. On November 17th, the sangat (congregation) in Chicago received a phone call informing them that Daljeet Baba was in a motel room with a woman who was definitely not his wife. The Sangat went to the motel and caught him in the room. The police protected the “Sant Baba” while he ran to his car with his dastar falling off multiple times. They also kept the sangat from taking pictures of the spectacle. Throughout the entire week, Panthic Weekly has been receiving new details from its sources in Chicago regarding this matter.

Since he was exposed, Daljeet Baba has been trying to garner support in order to spread disinformation and discredit the sangat. Sources tell Panthic Weekly that “Sant Baba” Daljeet Singh has left the United States and gone to India in order to build support among those who may not have all the facts at hand.

post-1107-1133238851_thumb.jpg post-1107-1133238886_thumb.jpg

Signed Affidavits from the Sangat

Daljeet Baba was on radio stations in the UK and Canada saying that he would place his hand on Guru Granth Sahib Jee and swear that the charges are not true. Panthic Weekly has obtained signed affidavits from the sangat attesting to the facts as they have been reported.

Defending himself on talk shows in Europe and North America, the Baba has given conflicting and inconsistent reports. He has said that he was at his dera (compound) participating in keertan (religious sermonizing) when the incident happened. He has also said that he was not even in Chicago and was out of state. On the other hand, he admitted that he booked all the rooms at the motel, but said that he was not there.

Conflicting stories, half truths, and shameless lies aside, Daljeet Baba has also resorted to threatening media outlets. Panthic Weekly obtained copies of faxes sent to Punjabi papers in North America by Daljeet Baba’s lawyers. Knowing that they have no legal grounds to stand on, the lawyers did not send cease and desist orders, as is the standard practice, but instead sent “Emergency Notices.”

In the notice we obtained, the lawyers said, “this office has been retained to represent Baba Daljit Singh in an action regarding false accusations and slanderous articles that have been published…This is to give notice that nothing may be published regarding Baba Daljit Singh without prior confirmation from himself alone. If any false accusations are published, we will consider it an overt act of slander.”

Daljeet Baba has denied all knowledge of legal representation.

Panthic Weekly contacted the Lake Country Sheriff’s Department, which verified the accusations of the Sangat and the facts as reported.

Khalsa Alliance representatives have said that they are working hand in hand with Shahbaaz Khalsa in order to warn the Sikh sangat in Punjab about Daljeet’s actions. In a meeting held Friday night at the Gurudwara Sahib in Chicago, the sangat decided that a worldwide campaign would be started against “Sant Baba” Daljeet Singh and other rogue “Sants” through a petition drive to Akal Takht Sahib.

http://panthic.org/news/123/ARTICLE/2017/2005-11-27.html

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what the Moderators just deleted this topic. Whoever posted this topic your not from chicago and you dont know <admin-profanity filter activated>, you accept what you read but dont know the whole story. Daljeet Singh was planning on leaving for India weeks ago, it wasnt a spur of the moment thing, its sad how our Guru ghar in chicago promotes Nindya, instead of promoting Sikhi, this accusation is baseless, Let me Ask you Bilja, if so many people were informed of this incident prior to him leaving the room, why is it that not one photo was taken? Why would he go to a Motel near the Guru ghar? Why is President of a Guru Ghar even involved in a matter like this? This is all <admin-profanity filter activated> and I appreciate if people stop focusing on gossip nothing more than gossip. MODERATORS PLEASE REMOVE THIS GOSSIP COLUM

1) I don't have to be from Chicago to know the truth.

2) Why no pictures were taken - Ask Panthic Weekly.

3) Why daljeet went to motel nearby - Ask him. maybe he was desperate.

4) Why president is involved - maybe he is a close friend of daljeet but ask him to make sure.

5) Why are you using foul language - supporters of people with lustful character do that.

Why don't you prove his innocence by providing facts and I will believe you. Otherwise I will stick to that information I obtained a day before the news was published. I don't know why you are always "lost". Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gurfateh

I aint no Sant supporter. But i would find it more believeable if "Panthic News" did take some fotos or whoever was there.

Too much has gone on in our kaum - the history of Sikhi and the present state of many "commitees" etc will support that - so for me personally, to believe the authentication of these "affadavits", is a bit difficult. I mean i dont know much about law, - dont know much about nething - but ive had affadafit drawn up myself in the past and shouldnt they provide more details such as address, phone numbers etc etc rather than just signatures?

Dont get me wrong, i am not saying he hasnt done it. But i am not saying he has either. Ive never reli heard of the guy. In terms of going to a motel room ... well, their main purpose is to put up people to stay for a night, not for sexual activity.

Forgive my mistakes.

Gurfateh

to be honest i aint heard of this person either.

not saying what i think cos to be honest i know nothing.

all i can say is Bilja Singh has started this topic so he should be able to answer some qs as well, take some responsilbity bro,

q2 and 3 were so badly answered i was laughing,

q5 just kills everything, bro a lot of ppl on this forum use foul language and i seriously find it hard to believe they are all fit into the category u said.

some of us expect an intelligent response from u, this was far from it.

I did not write answers in seriousness. I was joking. There is an audio file you can listen to on panthic weekly. Besides the point, how daljeet has treated his wife makes it crystal clear that he is no baba/sant or any mahapurash. I have read his so many statements about what he would do to change the situation of Punjab but has done nothing. Heck, he kicked out his wife and abandoned her. Why should I believe he will do something for others. Why did he book all the rooms in motel? he had his own house then why did he go to a motel? why was he alone in the room with another woman? If this was a setup then it is obvious that he is a lustful person and has no character otherwise he would've left the room asap. he should've cancelled his trip to india and proved his innocence. Now he will probably bring his "jujharoo" fauj to defend him. he wants to prove his innocence by placing his hands on Guru Ji's saroop but he badal/tohra and many others have done the same and we know who they really are. We don't need any sants or babas in the Panth. They only exist in names these days. No image of Sikhi in them. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

no intention of getting into a sant or baba debate and most certainly not with u lol! but i think if we have great ppl like Baba Thakur Singh JI then its pretty obvious babas can benefit ppl a lot, ppls lives have been changed for the best although pep u got the downside wont deny but that dont mean we dont recognise the true ones.

well at least u came out with a better reply lol, thats all im going to say cos i have no idea abt what the truth or lie is but yes everything is a possiblity

My family has known Baba Thakur Singh Ji since 1972 (I will post his stories when I have time) so I know the difference between real sants and fake ones. Never think that I am attacking the true Gursikhs. I am against false ones who under the name of "Sant, Baba etc" give a bad name to the whole community. I am not jarnail singh arshi. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

maaf karna... but neone who claim they can tell the difference between real sants and fakes one... are self-proclaimed sants themselves. For i believe only true saints can tell the difference between another true sant and fake one. That varan, that gift is only bestowed upon True Saints to be able to see the true person for what they are.

i understand your p.o.v. regarding the issue but there were people who claimed to have known another certain Sant Baba for even longer than 33 years, who recently fell faster than he could fall!

Do ardaas to be able to recognise the True PERFECT Jyot which Guru Granth Sahib Jee possesses and follow that Light. Problem it seems nowadays, we tend to look for the bad people so we can quickly expose them, rather than look for the good people and spread their light around the world. The kali-yug, the darkness, it seems, is blinding the light...

Forgive my mistakes...

VJKK VJKF