Girl Sent Home For Wearing Cross

Ranz_Killa

Sat Sri Akal:

Can any of the British Sikh orgs. take up the fight for this girl?  Kill two problems with one stone?

138433[/snapback]

yes that be wonderful, if sikh orgs can do that...defend the right for this girl. Be true image of Guru Sahib, defend other's dharam.

Nanak Naam Chardi-kalah Teraie Bhanaie Sarbat da Bhalla ! :T:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But its not part of her Dharam to wear a necklace. Just like its not part of Sikhi dharm to wear a Khanda necklace.

The school acted justly. They got no case. The Sikhs shouldn't bother with the girl unless the Pope or some authorized authority sends out an edict that makes wearing of the cross mandatory for all.

But its not part of her Dharam to wear a necklace. Just like its not part of Sikhi dharm to wear a Khanda necklace.

The school acted justly. They got no case. The Sikhs shouldn't bother with the girl unless the Pope or some authorized authority sends out an edict that makes wearing of the cross mandatory for all.

138490[/snapback]

Ahh, good point paji. So, if anything, should we be educated people like her mother, who think necklace and kara is clased in the same thing?

Indeed, she should be comparin a khanda necklace to a kara necklace, instead of one of the kakaars.

she was comparing jewellery to what a gora would call jewellery so she was comparing one item of jewellery to another in her view .

all reasonalbe only lets not hope it affects us in any way cos that ppr aint read by all intelligent (no offence) ppl so i see some ppl just getting stressed for no reason and getting excited abt it.

as for dharam, cross reminds her of Jesus and helps her throughout the day to concentrate on Jesus so helps her to continue in her christian way so she has an argument in my opinion. its a religious symbol, not something she invented on a boring bus journey home, in my opinion she got a valid point, its religious.

**PANTHIC SEWA**

Hath Jorr Benti to all Sangat... please email Daily Express and complain against how the Sikh Articles of Faith have been misrepresented and portrayed in a distorted way.

This distorted information builds up people's ignorance, and ignorance is the cause of racism.

Please email:

news.desk@express.co.uk

expressletters@express.co.uk

expresspix@express.co.uk

And CC (circulate) the email to your local MP, sikh groups, Commision for Racial Equality etc:

info@cre.gov.uk

Dear Sangat,

Please check this out:

http://www.sloughobserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7212

What if I set up my own church that allowed me to carry a machine gun as part of my faith? Would my daughter be allowed to take it to school?

No conventional weapons in school should mean NO weapons full stop.

Schools are for education and if you want to attend such schools, then hang your religion coat on the hook before you leave the house.

I am doing my best to argue against this kind of thing but I am not Sikh and sometimes I struggle to explain things as well as you would, so if you have time, please add a Sikh perspective.

This is what im thinking of emailing, what do u think?

Ive saved draft just want someones opinion.

Dear Sir/Madam,

After seeing your story in yesterdays paper i was shocked why our symbol of faith the one we are never to remove from the day we are initied into the Khalsa (the baptised sikhs) to the day we die was compared with another symbol which is not thought of in the same way.

I am distressed along with many of my friends at university why this is allowed to be said. Could you gain knowledge and understanding about the SIKHS before writing articles with such distorted headlines along from poeple who dont know anything about sikhs either.

Its a shame....

My University allows me after they researched and found out for themselves the high high importance of our five k's...kara,kechera,kangha,kes and kirpan (Not Dagger!)...

From baptised sikh girl......Thames Valley University Business Student

Deep Kaur KHALSA

07/12/05