Sikh Bana (chola); Help!

Khalsa_Girl_1

Khalsa Girl, what more do you need? Doesn't BHai Amritpal Singh's site basically answer everything relating to cholas?

138558[/snapback]

no im sorry, it doesnt.

i looked at it and it has good info; but believe me, there is more i need......

it describes the Chola really well...but i need more than just the explanation of how its worn, and who wears (wore) the Chola....if you get what i mean..

like what about "why is it signifant to 'our' religion?

i know it staes some things to answer that question, but believe me; i know what i need...

man...am i making this too hard? :lol: :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [TheSim]

oye, a chola is basically a frigging big <admin-profanity filter activated> dress for women lol

its basically a long shirt that goes lower than ur knees and u dont wear pants with it. bascially it, what else do u need ..

Guest [TheSim]

also i doubt such things have any significant its just the style olden days people had, why do some girls wear skirts? how is it significant i think theres no answer to that people just do it becuase other ppl do it and its jut there or "fashion" if you want to call it, back then, they just had tat, and they wore it,

,Dec 6 2005, 06:41 PM]oye, a chola is basically a frigging big <admin-profanity filter activated> dress for women lol

its basically a long shirt that goes lower than ur knees and u dont wear pants with it. bascially it, what else do u need ..

138579[/snapback]

umm...nice way to put that eh....

what was the so-called <admin-profanity filter activated> word you used this time veer ji? :)no.gif

and the Chola is very special to sikhs

i just want to know why....

and if you dont have the answers i need, then dont post at all please. :lol:

peace...

A chola is a royal dress worn by royalty.

The Mughals did wear cholas and considered themselves to be higher than the Hindus and all Indians. They did not allow common people to wear this dress, nor ride on horses nor have weapons.

The Sikh Gurus wore cholas (as is seen from the very few contemporary paintings of Guru Sahibs). They also had the Khalsa wear cholas as we are all the princes and princesses of Guru Sahib. This showed that Sikhs were no less than anyone else.

The traditional dress of Sikhs is now the chola. Wearing no pyjami underneath is traditional for men as the pyjami can get dirty from touching the shoes or getting splattered on.

Guru Hargobind Sahib's chola can be found in Ghudani village, the same chola he wore to free the 52 kings from Gwalior.

Guru Gobind Singh jee's cholas can be found in a number of places, including Bhai Dalla's house in Damadam Sahib, the Nabha family, Patna Sahib, and also in Faridkot.

The fact that Cholas are the traditional Sikh dress is clear from the fact that all Punj Pyaras in every jathebandi all wear cholas with kummer kussa.

The Kummer Kussa is tied around the waist and shastar can be kept tucked in it. Nihangs also sometimes carry a spare kacherra tied into the kummer kussa.

Tradititional colours for the chola are:

kesri/basanti: colour of royalty and also of sacrifice

blue: traditional Khalsa colour

White: more spiritual colour worn by Sants

Black: colour of agitation/grievance.

A chola is a royal dress worn by royalty.

The Mughals did wear cholas and considered themselves to be higher than the Hindus and all Indians.  They did not allow common people to wear this dress, nor ride on horses nor have weapons.

The Sikh Gurus wore cholas (as is seen from the very few contemporary paintings of Guru Sahibs).  They also had the Khalsa wear cholas as we are all the princes and princesses of Guru Sahib.  This showed that Sikhs were no less than anyone else.

The traditional dress of Sikhs is now the chola.  Wearing no pyjami underneath is traditional for men as the pyjami can get dirty from touching the shoes or getting splattered on. 

Guru Hargobind Sahib's chola can be found in Ghudani village, the same chola he wore to free the 52 kings from Gwalior.

Guru Gobind Singh jee's cholas can be found in a number of places, including Bhai Dalla's house in Damadam Sahib, the Nabha family, Patna Sahib, and also in Faridkot.

The fact that Cholas are the traditional Sikh dress is clear from the fact that all Punj Pyaras in every jathebandi all wear cholas with kummer kussa.

The Kummer Kussa is tied around the waist and shastar can be kept tucked in it.  Nihangs also sometimes carry a spare kacherra tied into the kummer kussa.

Tradititional colours for the chola are:

kesri/basanti:  colour of royalty and also of sacrifice

blue:  traditional Khalsa colour

White:  more spiritual colour worn by Sants

Black: colour of agitation/grievance.

138610[/snapback]

thanx so much

i appreicate it.

peace...

GurFateh

Singh 132, blue was actually the color of warriors. Thas y most gatka akharas and nihangs usually wear blue.

U c, nihang is the term for crocodile in pharsi. There was an elite group of patthans known for their skill and bravery. They were usually the guys whod go to buildings an blow themeselves up - if u play Age Of Empires, u know them as saboteurs or petards. So anyway, these patthan nihangs wore blue so us singhs decided to use that for our battle color. As u see, we also jacked the name 2.

Singh 132, blue was actually the color of warriors.  Thas y most gatka akharas and nihangs usually wear blue.

U c, nihang is the term for crocodile in pharsi.  There was an elite group of patthans known for their skill and bravery.  They were usually the guys whod go to buildings an blow themeselves up - if u play Age Of Empires, u know them as saboteurs or petards.  So anyway, these patthan nihangs wore blue so us singhs decided to use that for our battle color.  As u see, we also jacked the name 2.

138625[/snapback]

thanx... :TH:

lol

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

the chola isnt sinficent (ive spelt it rng havnt i? heheh!) its just a type of dress worn, it is easy to make and is fast to make.

blue, lots of ppl say alot of things. some say it links wid da chaand to represent shiva the destroyer, thats why warriors in particular wear the cholla, cz warriors destroy, thats what they do.

sme say as we are akaal purukh di faujia, wen ppl say God, they point upwards, towards the sky, n the sky is blue therefore we dress in blue.

i think its more 2 do wid da shiva one.

HAHAH......looks whos doin a presentation on sikhi!.....hehehe....wutta coincidence.......goodluck.......let us kno how it goes!

138934[/snapback]

very funny veer ji!

why you....

i thought maybe you could help too eh

but w/e lol

she wants me to wear it too!! lol

and dont make fun of me! LOL.gif

lol

i was supposed to present it 2 days ago but there are so many slow people in the class so yeah...she changes the dates every day.