Not Interested.

Guest Guest

i have a friend who i consider as my brother.

recently hes been acting strange and dropping hints. wacko.gif

im not interested at all.

i keep avoiding him, but now i realise that thats the cowardly approach.

i dont want to upset or hurt him because i value his friendship.

HOW do i tell him that im not interested, without hurting his feelings?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally feel that comin out n talkin to the person and tellin em straight up is the best way to go... there's certain situations where u cant help but avoid 'breakin sum1s heart'... he will eventually get over it.. and i'm sure he'll respect the fact you told him straight up ... its not in anybodys interest to keep him hangin on kinda thing...

hope for the best...

I agree with Diamond Singh, the more you 'keep your distant' the greater hope will remain in his heart. Let him know straight up, if he values your friendship more than his desire to want you as his Girlfriend then he will be appreciative that you guys cleared the air. Although it might makes thigns ab it more difficult to hang our or stuff, but regardless it is better to be straight with the other person than to keep avoiding the inevitable situations making it more uncomfortable for the both of you and to keep him hanging.

EDIT:

Thoughts influenced..well more than just influenced..i'd say more like taken from Diamond Singh and republished. :@

Hows that veer

People can call me an extremist or a taliban or whatever, but I feel that men and women should avoid getting too close. I'm not saying they should never talk or something like that, but I think being too close to someone of the opposite gender is a bad idea.

I have seen too many times that stuff that started off as "brother sister" or just "friends" has become more. In fact most of the time this issue has come up.

I of course can't and won't force anyone to listen, but I think having too much closeness with the other gender creates a lot of problems.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, Waheguroo ji ki fateh.

Phainji, what a problem. Many of us, have faced this problem.

Reason?.. Well when u have a good friend, of the oppoiste gender, sometimes things heat up, and someone grows feelings, for the other.

Now, what do u do?

... Like heera paaji, and Pheena have already stated in excellent ways.

Do not avoid him, at all costs. Confront him..

dont be scared ji, gurujis with u..

PM me, if ever...

gud luck bhainey.

love you

fateh

bull chaak maaf karni ji

i have a friend who i consider as my brother.

recently hes been acting strange and dropping hints. wacko.gif

im not interested at all.

i keep avoiding him, but now i realise that thats the cowardly approach.

i dont want to upset or hurt him because i value his friendship.

HOW do i tell him that im not interested, without hurting his feelings?

140538[/snapback]

Everyone has given such great advice to you bhenji I don't know what else I could add that could help you out. Most of us have been in the same situation as you. You may think that you're just being a friend to the person, but you never know what the other person is thinking. This doesn't mean you should stop making friends and cutting yourself away from people, it's just the many tests in life that we must overcome.

I'm sure if you confront the guy and tell him how you feel, he will respect you and be thankful you told him. Because you may not think it, but EVERYTHING a gurl does can be taken as a 'hint' for a guy (same goes for gurls, im not being sexist). If you simply smile, he will take it as 'yes she likes me too, ima go for it'.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

People can call me an extremist or a taliban or whatever, but I feel that men and women should avoid getting too close.  I'm not saying they should never talk or something like that, but I think being too close to someone of the opposite gender is a bad idea.

I have seen too many times that stuff that started off as "brother sister" or just "friends" has become more.  In fact most of the time this issue has come up. 

I of course can't and won't force anyone to listen, but I think having too much closeness with the other gender creates a lot of problems.

140955[/snapback]

Agree!

People can call me an extremist or a taliban or whatever, but I feel that men and women should avoid getting too close.  I'm not saying they should never talk or something like that, but I think being too close to someone of the opposite gender is a bad idea.

I have seen too many times that stuff that started off as "brother sister" or just "friends" has become more.  In fact most of the time this issue has come up. 

140955[/snapback]

Agree!

140994[/snapback]

:TH: d_oh.gif:@