Balle O Punjabioh!

Wow, I just came back from my trip to Canada over christmas break. My cousin lives in Toronto(Brampton) and since I had a few days off for Christmas, I figured I'd go visit him. I hadn't seen him for 10 years. Anyways, so I get to Toronto's Pearson Airport and of course the first person I see is a Punjabi auntie.

Then we are driving home and I notice nothing but people with dastaars and aunties with suits. Everywhere I look I see signs with Navdeep Bains written on them and acouple which read SANGHA. These signs were everywhere. The next day we go shopping at the mall and I kid you not, I have never seen so many people with Pags on. There was a great mix of hard-core sighs, the punjabi-type sikhs with the pags and trimmed beards and actually girls wearing suits. I have only seen girls wearing punjabi suits on sundays, considered Gurdwara day.

I did not see a gora till like my third day there! We went to an awesome restaurant called BRAR's and had an amazing dinner. They just bought this new building and it is set up amazingly. I felt like I was in a modern day Punjab. Babas(old uncles, not the fake sant-types) were roaming the streets, bibiyaan were walking around.

I just wanted to post this topic because I just wanted to give props to the Punjabi and Sikh community for all that they have accomplished in the Toronto area. It was truly amazing to see our culture thrive in this western city. For all you Brampton dwellers, keep it up!

Balle oh brampton waalioh!

Wow, I just came back from my trip to Canada over christmas break.  My cousin lives in Toronto(Brampton) and since I had a few days off for Christmas, I figured I'd go visit him.  I hadn't seen him for 10 years.  Anyways, so I get to Toronto's Pearson Airport and of course the first person I see is a Punjabi auntie. 

Then we are driving home and I notice nothing but people with dastaars and aunties with suits.  Everywhere I look I see signs with Navdeep Bains written on them and  acouple which read SANGHA.  These signs were everywhere.  The next day we go shopping at the mall and I kid you not, I have never seen so many people with Pags on.  There was a great mix of hard-core sighs, the punjabi-type sikhs with the pags and trimmed beards and actually girls wearing suits.  I have only seen girls wearing punjabi suits on sundays, considered Gurdwara day. 

I did not see a gora till like my third day there!  We went to an awesome restaurant called BRAR's and had an amazing dinner.  They just bought this new building and it is set up amazingly.  I felt like I was in a modern day Punjab.  Babas(old uncles, not the fake sant-types) were roaming the streets, bibiyaan were walking around. 

I just wanted to post this topic because I just wanted to give props to the Punjabi and Sikh community for all that they have accomplished in the Toronto area.  It was truly amazing to see our culture thrive in this western city.  For all you Brampton dwellers, keep it up!

143243[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

bahahaha LOL.gif

yeah man...i live near there

its known as minny Punjab

all the stores there are basically Punjabi stores....lol LOL.gif

i hope you had fun

LOL.gif

drop by another time!

anyways....

peace...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

you line in milton not brampton.. stop tryin to take over

Wow, I just came back from my trip to Canada over christmas break.  My cousin lives in Toronto(Brampton) and since I had a few days off for Christmas, I figured I'd go visit him.  I hadn't seen him for 10 years.  Anyways, so I get to Toronto's Pearson Airport and of course the first person I see is a Punjabi auntie. 

Then we are driving home and I notice nothing but people with dastaars and aunties with suits.  Everywhere I look I see signs with Navdeep Bains written on them and  acouple which read SANGHA.  These signs were everywhere.  The next day we go shopping at the mall and I kid you not, I have never seen so many people with Pags on.  There was a great mix of hard-core sighs, the punjabi-type sikhs with the pags and trimmed beards and actually girls wearing suits.  I have only seen girls wearing punjabi suits on sundays, considered Gurdwara day. 

I did not see a gora till like my third day there!  We went to an awesome restaurant called BRAR's and had an amazing dinner.  They just bought this new building and it is set up amazingly.  I felt like I was in a modern day Punjab.  Babas(old uncles, not the fake sant-types) were roaming the streets, bibiyaan were walking around. 

I just wanted to post this topic because I just wanted to give props to the Punjabi and Sikh community for all that they have accomplished in the Toronto area.  It was truly amazing to see our culture thrive in this western city.  For all you Brampton dwellers, keep it up!

143243[/snapback]

yeah i know what you mean, ive been there about 6 years ago, dont remember much, but the punjabi feeling was there even then....it was a great experience. Did you visit niagra falls.....beautiful!!! we went behind the falls with our yellow coats...lolll...so many japanese toursits there and we were bowing along with them...hahhahahaa......

the mist was amazing and always remains there.....with a beautiful rainbow. The sound was scary though coz the falls are so deep. But very romantic i loved it!

pajee come by southall one day too.....lolllllll.......but aj kal it has pagh wale though..but the young people tryina be kale.....tsktsk

lol, actually my dad was talking about the amount of Sikh Sangat in Canada, it dont seem a Canadian country @ all, theres so much Apna Pan there, with Singh n Singhniyaah everywher ! Canada iz full of it, more than UK !

you line in milton not brampton.. stop tryin to take over

143247[/snapback]

so! :@:@

whats your point???!!!

i said that i live near there...so its cool.

lol

and dont give my private info out.

im like the only Amrit-Dhari in my town so anyone can stalk me...easily! :@

lol

peace...

143243[/snapback]

yeah i know what you mean, ive been there about 6 years ago, dont remember much, but the punjabi feeling was there even then....it was a great experience. Did you visit niagra falls.....beautiful!!! we went behind the falls with our yellow coats...lolll...so many japanese toursits there and we were bowing along with them...hahhahahaa......

the mist was amazing and always remains there.....with a beautiful rainbow. The sound was scary though coz the falls are so deep. But very romantic i loved it!

pajee come by southall one day too.....lolllllll.......but aj kal it has pagh wale though..but the young people tryina be kale.....tsktsk

143249[/snapback]

no bhain ji i didn't visit niagra falls..it was a bit chilly...maybe in the summer i will :@

i visited england a couple months ago, London(hanslow) and birmingham...out of all these places brampton seemed like the most uh how can i put it, turbinated LOL J/K..it was beautiful, i would have to add it to my list of most sikh/punjabi-friendly places to live.

We went to an awesome restaurant called BRAR's and had an amazing dinner.  They just bought this new building and it is set up amazingly. 

143243[/snapback]

Oye, I have been there too. I actually got so excited by all the Indian food that I ate and ate and finally I had to throw up. :@

And when I went into the washroom, the plumber was repairing it. :@

there is a indian resturnt aound every corner so its like not that big of a deal here