Scientist Says That Universe Is Finite

sevak

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scientists also say you came from an ape.  Ask them if we came from apes why are apes still apes and never evolved?  Science says a lot of things which it then retracts later on after more research.  You can try to find the expanse of the universe all you want and many people have tried, people have read tons and tons of books but in the end we all become dust and leave naked.  Only naam goes with us and is our savior...knowing if the world is finte or not will get you NADA.  This is sikhi's view anyways, you don't have to believe it if you don't want to but if you have sharda in SGGS Ji, then these things wouldn't worry you.

peace.

sloku mÚ 1 ] (468-5)

salok mehlaa 1.

Shalok, First Mehl:

kUVu rwjw kUVu prjw kUVu sBu sMswru ] (468-5, Awsw, mÚ 1)

koorh raajaa koorh parjaa koorh sabh sansaar.

False is the king, false are the subjects; false is the whole world.

kUVu mMfp kUVu mwVI kUVu bYsxhwru ] (468-5, Awsw, mÚ 1)

koorh mandap koorh maarhee koorh baisanhaar.

False is the mansion, false are the skyscrapers; false are those who live in them.

kUVu suienw kUVu rupw kUVu pYn@xhwru ] (468-5, Awsw, mÚ 1)

koorh su-inaa koorh rupaa koorh painHanhaar.

False is gold, and false is silver; false are those who wear them.

kUVu kwieAw kUVu kpVu kUVu rUpu Apwru ] (468-6, Awsw, mÚ 1)

koorh kaa-i-aa koorh kaparh koorh roop apaar.

False is the body, false are the clothes; false is incomparable beauty.

kUVu mIAw kUVu bIbI Kip hoey Kwru ] (468-6, Awsw, mÚ 1)

koorh mee-aa koorh beebee khap ho-ay khaar.

False is the husband, false is the wife; they mourn and waste away.

kUiV kUVY nyhu lgw ivsirAw krqwru ] (468-7, Awsw, mÚ 1)

koorh koorhai nayhu lagaa visri-aa kartaar.

The false ones love falsehood, and forget their Creator.

iksu nwil kIcY dosqI sBu jgu clxhwru ] (468-7, Awsw, mÚ 1)

kis naal keechai dostee sabh jag chalanhaar.

With whom should I become friends, if all the world shall pass away?

kUVu imTw kUVu mwiKau kUVu foby pUru ] (468-7, Awsw, mÚ 1)

koorh mithaa koorh maakhi-o koorh dobay poor.

False is sweetness, false is honey; through falsehood, boat-loads of men have drowned.

nwnku vKwxY bynqI quDu bwJu kUVo kUVu ]1] (468-8, Awsw, mÚ 1)

naanak vakhaanai bayntee tuDh baajh koorho koorh. ||1||

Nanak speaks this prayer: without You, Lord, everything is totally false. ||1||

145222[/snapback]

So you dont believe in the theory of Evolution? Could you please explain what you do think is true? (No sarcasm in this post Im really interested since Id like to get a variety of ideas on this subject)

Firstly

someone asked if i were to get into some crazy spaceship that goes billion lightyears/s would i hit a wall or something? Well, the currently Theory relating to this kind of stuff is you would return to where you were.

Sort of like earth itself, you don't Fall off it, long time ago when they thought the earth was a rectangle or something and you could fall off it.. your thinking the same thing.... You wont fall off the universe, or "hit" something, you would eventually go around in circles and end up in the same place you started from

Look at the picture on the bottom @ : http://www.newscientist.com/data/images/ns...n4250-1_550.jpg

-----------

Also.. i don't personally believe in theory of evolution.. in a way i do but not the ape stuff, you may say either u believe in it or dont, then i dont.

because apes and humans are different, yes the dna is like 99% same but there __are__ differences if they were there we be apes too, i dont have nay hard evidence to prove this but i dnt belive that, i think humans existed before...just like other animals we used to be dumb, but got smarter, etcc...to the day we are at now

"So you dont believe in the theory of Evolution? Could you please explain what you do think is true? (No sarcasm in this post Im really interested since Id like to get a variety of ideas on this subject) "

I think you have answered your question for me.... :@ ..let me explain...you asked me if I believe in the 'theory' of evolution. As an educated person I believe in the "theory" of evolution as an interesting proposal for the origins of man. Being a theory, it is open to debate and critique. Darwin was a very interesting man, who, after great scientific research, proposed a theory. A theory which has some loose ends. Such as the missing link.

Now as a sikh, I believe that everything is in God's hukam or will. In sikhi, our soul is the saroop of the ultimate truth which is waaheguru. How our human bodies came about is of no significane because our soul originates from God. The scientific world is concerned about the origins of something that is born and dies. The scietific world has yet to tackle the immortal, which is the soul.

Now if science can prove that we came from apes then great. I would believe it if it were proven. And as a sikh, I would still be able to say that this too was Waaheguru's hukam.

hope i made sense....i tried my best to explain myself..

and just like your screen name 'LostSoul' that is what we all are. We are sould who have been separated from Akaal Purakha nd we have thsi human form to do simran and good deeds to re-unite with the ultimate truth which is Waaheguru.

PS: I can't take credit for all of this(the soul stuff :@ ) because this was beautifully explained at our local gurughar by a great gursikh.

peace.

i agree with mann kaum ke liey qurbaan .. i personally do believe in evolution story .. though .. loll .. yes it is not proven .. but keep in mind .. there are many many things which scientist agree with guru ji .. has not yet proven either .. like .. ufo .. many many people have seen it .. but scientist can't prove them .. but we it's true .. cuz we have proof of guru sahib .. scienc says that life origin from rocks .. but according to them .. it is just theory .. but guru ji says agree with them too ..

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I agree with all the stuff that mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan said and it shouldnt worry anyone if they truly have placed their faith in Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

A point to be noticed is that the article also says that science is split on this issue, some agree that it is finite some say no its infinite.

And anyways Science change thier theories all the time, and they keep on discovering stuff and keep on contradicting thier own theories.

Anyways my faith is the Guru not in science:

Here is a interview showing why it can never be known if the universe is finite or infinite.

http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMR53T1VED_people_0_iv.html

Other links:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/paralleluni.shtml

Here is the more recent article (2004) than the science one posted originally in this topic (2003) that scientists saying that the earth is infinite and it could expand (i will post the whole article next) as Gurbani says:

hukmay parpanch pasri-aa hukam karay ras bhog jee-o.

By His Hukam, the Expanse of the Universe is expanded. By His Hukam, they enjoy pleasures.

Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji page 760.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/200409270...trunc_sys.shtml

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH