Summer In India!

Akal Warrior

I was wondering if the Sangat could help me out. I was planning on going to India for about 2 monthes, but can only go in the June-September range. Can someone who has had experience please tell me what is the best time to go in that range (i can't go in any other monthes).

From those who have been there for july/august, is it VERY hot? or is it tolerable? any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

hey bro i went last summer in august, im from toronto and i play alot of soccer, soo if you can bare toronto heat youll be fine in india, the thing with me was i had an A/C car its a life saver other then that i could have chilled in the city with AC but i prefered tha pind and loved it its good man you should go

i was there last summer there too. it is extremely hot in june, july mid august gets better and sept is even better. i would suggest that u go in august and september. thats when there is less electricity problem too. in june and july, since all the farmers are using the water for the rice, theres a alot of shrtage of electricity. it gets better in august. the mosquitoes are really bad too in those months. august and sept is better and make sure u drink boiled water (if ur going for the first time) not bottled cuz its all corrupt there. take some pasta along so in case u get sick of rotis there u can boil pasta and eat it. u can also take cereal there.

avoid eating from outside, hyginically, i would not recommend it.

thats about all i have to say, if i remember more then i ll let u know

bhul chuk di khima karna.

I have done 3 stints from June to September. I did not find them too unbearable. Then again there was AC in the house and car (although electric was rationed so did not use the AC in the house that much).

Relatives always used to say "I phoned xyz in pind they said it is really really hot...boyth garmi". I even sat through a few floods and on one trip I had to walk though 5ft of flood water at 8pm (it was dark) to get back to the village.

Thats the other thing it is monsoon season during June and July so sometimes you cannot go anywhere as it is raining too much.

Best time to go is September to October. The weather is best. After October it starts to get a bit chilly.

As for food you can buy just about anything in Punjab. You can get a few Kellogs cereals, heinze beans etc etc. If you are desperate there is that Metro store in Phagwara and a few shops in Model Town Jullundhur.

Get a few tubes of Odomos (mosquito repellant, you can buy it anywhere in India and it is a lot cheaper than the stuff in the UK) and use it in the evenings and mosquitos are not a problem.

i went in june, it was around 45c in punjab, went up to 47 in dehli, so yes it get very hot. it can be unbearable esp in the car. even with ac its not strong enuf! u will have a cold wash at least twice a day! just think will it be worth it going? i had to go in june cause i had no choice, lol.

i just went in dec and its really cold! not as cold as england outside, but caus of the marble inside its colder inside then it is outside, lol. in the day its fine, perfect temperature, its just cold at night, and freezing at around 4am!

best months are feb-march and oct - nov.

hope this helps ( i may have just repeated what was said above, i just couldnt be bothered to read it all, lol).

I was wondering if the Sangat could help me out.  I was planning on going to India for about 2 monthes, but can only go in the June-September range.  Can someone who has had experience please tell me what is the best time to go in that range (i can't go in any other monthes).

From those who have been there for july/august, is it VERY hot? or is it tolerable?  any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

146081[/snapback]

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dont go no.gif

flies, mosquitos, lizards, unbearble heat..

gawddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went in june, it was around 45c in punjab, went up to 47 in dehli, so yes it get very hot. it can be unbearable esp in the car. even with ac its not strong enuf! u will have a cold wash at least twice a day! just think will it be worth it going? i had to go in june cause i had no choice, lol.

i just went in dec and its really cold! not as cold as england outside, but caus of the marble inside its colder inside then it is outside, lol. in the day its fine, perfect temperature, its just cold at night, and freezing at around 4am!

best months are feb-march and oct - nov.

hope this helps ( i may have just repeated what was said above, i just couldnt be bothered to read it all, lol).

146101[/snapback]

you had no choice cuz you got deported jagmeet :)

cem on admit it, bet your just sitting in punjab right now with your wireless laptop out. :TH:

remember to have ur malaria injection before u leave.

remember to wear light clothing n epec at nite wear the full sleeve clothes and apply the mosquito cream so then they dnt get u. sleep infront of a fan. its not that bad ......................... boil the water n keep it in the fridge , dnt rely too much on the fizzy drinks. as someone sed take pasta incase u get sick of the roti. ummmm ull probs hav to shower twice a day, i miss them cold showas lol

but dont let this put u off................ its the best fing ever man .............nothing better than going to punjab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no doubt ........

I was wondering if the Sangat could help me out.  I was planning on going to India for about 2 monthes, but can only go in the June-September range.  Can someone who has had experience please tell me what is the best time to go in that range (i can't go in any other monthes).

From those who have been there for july/august, is it VERY hot? or is it tolerable?  any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

146081[/snapback]

Boss, have you ever been to the low lying areas of the East Coast in Canada or US. It is warm and humid as hell during summers. In most places in North India, you won't find such humidity for such long. Only after the rains in June/July does it get humid. Compare that to the East Coast which is humid throughout the summer. Definitely more unbearable. I was in Kingston, Ontario to spend my summer vacation and gee I could not breathe due to the humidity and the air was so heavy.

but caus of the marble inside its colder inside then it is outside, lol. in the day its fine, perfect temperature, its just cold at night, and freezing at around 4am!

Yes, I have felt that too. But it is not because of the marble but because the houses are built of concrete, brick and cement. These components are structurally solid but do not help prevent heat or cold.