Smoking

Ishna

Sort of coinciding with the Smokey Smokerson thread, I came across a situation today at the shopping centre.

As I was leaving, I was confronted with a very strong smell of smoke because I was down wind. When I got around the corner (I was in a sort of tunnel) I saw a pretty rough looking man (not the best part of town you see) with a cigarette sitting at a bus stop with a little boy probably about 7 or 8 who was sitting next to him, also down wind. Could have been the man's son, or maybe his little brother. But the smoke was going right into the kids face, and as I walked past I noticed the man was also setting fire to the wrapper from an ice cream cone.

Only a few steps on and the boy started coughing and coughing, and I got to feeling pretty cranky with that situation.

What do you think about situations like that? Does it make you angry? How do you deal with the feeling of not being able to just smack people upside the head and go, "Where is your sense?! Look at what you're doing!"

Ishna.

i had an appointment time back at hospital and during the waiting time i went outside and there was a block pregnant women go to get checked up and outside were 2 women who looked around 6 months pregnant and were smoking ohmy.gifohmy.gif ...... for about 10 minutes i walked around wondering should i say something and i ended up walkin up to them and saying that the smoking is harming their child and said something else aswell which i dont remember. They just gave me dirty looks and started throwing verbal abuse at me no.gifno.gif so i never said anything to anyone after that day

i had an appointment time back at hospital and during the waiting time i went outside and there was a block pregnant women go to get checked up and outside were 2 women who looked around 6 months pregnant and were smoking  ohmy.gif   ohmy.gif   ...... for about 10 minutes i walked around wondering should i say something and i ended up walkin up to them and saying that the smoking is harming their child  and said something else aswell which i dont remember. They just gave me dirty looks and started throwing verbal abuse at me  no.gif   no.gif so i never said anything to anyone after that day

147395[/snapback]

i no what u mean. when i went 2 c my neice wen she was born they were these huge women must b ready 2 pop out like any secs but they were just fagging away and i just shuck my head finking u idiots!! no.gif:)

Hi all,

You lot don’t smoke……………..

Smoking is every thing….its a drug that needs to be had..

Nothing that any one can say will stop them from smoking,

Look at “ whyquit.com “ anti smoking site,

U will not believe what people do for a smoke…and how they suffer when trying to stop…….

That’s why most smokers take offence to people telling them to stop, because really they cant stop….

X smoker..

yeh i no what u mean because 1 of my mates used 2 smoke alot such as every day every time i saw her etc and am sure she wud go 2 great lenths 2 smoke! its true it is a drug!