Think Before You Post…

Sat1176

When I first came across this forum I thought it was an excellent resource for asking questions and learning from one another about Sikhi matters and to increase our knowledge and pyaar of Sikhi as a whole so that we may become better Sikhs. All I associate this site with these days is nindeya and slagging of one another which goes on for pages and pages. no.gif There are some very knowledgeable Sikhs on this forum who have vast knowledge which I can only praise and respect. d_oh.gif Yet Nimerta (one of the fundamental characteristics of a Sikh) is something I rarely see being exercised in very few posts. Whilst knowledge may be high, there is a serious lack of maturity. The deeper I read into a thread, the more ego I see appearing before me. Some people just post to add fuel to the fire just to make it more entertaining reading.

Personally I see nothing wrong with being inspired by someone, whether they are a Bhai, Sant, Baba or whatever. There have been numerous great Sikhs of the past, present and god willing will be in the future who have and will inspire hundreds, thousands and millions of Sikhs to walk on pathway towards the almighty Waheguru. Probably more than we will do ourselves in our lives. The least we can do is treat or talk about them with a little respect. If you have nothing good to say, then don’t say nothing at all unless you have undisputed actual facts rather then basing your arguments and personal criticisms based on gossip and hear say. A lot of influential minds read these forums and rather than getting encouragement probably leave or just laugh at what is being written having little or no impact on there Sikhi jeevan as a whole. How do we know how much bhagti, path, naam simran, seva an individual had or has who is able to inspire so many. Do we have the spirtual avasta to be able to judge others? It’s very easy to post criticisms of someone over the internet. But just remember your post, no matter how passionate you might be about Sikhi try not to do nindeya of others. Someone might have just started to walk on the path of Sikhi. Has been inspired by what they have heard from or read about a great soul. It may have increased their faith, bhagti or seva etc. Maybe their lives are changing for the better and they were going reach salvation in this life, but from what they heard or read, it created doubt in their minds and they stopped. You have become responsible for ruining someone else’s jeevan and I firmly believe no matter how great a Sikh you think you are, that one deed alone could end up destroying your own.

Bhul chuk maaf..

When I first came across this forum I thought it was an excellent resource for asking questions and learning from one another about Sikhi matters and to increase our knowledge and pyaar of Sikhi as a whole so that we may become better Sikhs. All I associate this site with these days is nindeya and slagging of one another which goes on for pages and pages.  no.gif There are some very knowledgeable Sikhs on this forum who have vast knowledge which I can only praise and respect.  d_oh.gif   Yet Nimerta (one of the fundamental characteristics of a Sikh) is something I rarely see being exercised in very few posts. Whilst knowledge may be high, there is a serious lack of maturity. The deeper I read into a thread, the more ego I see appearing before me. Some people just post to add fuel to the fire just to make it more entertaining reading.

Personally I see nothing wrong with being inspired by someone, whether they are a Bhai, Sant, Baba or whatever. There have been numerous great Sikhs of the past, present and god willing will be in the future who have and will inspire hundreds, thousands and millions of Sikhs to walk on pathway towards the almighty Waheguru. Probably more than we will do ourselves in our lives. The least we can do is treat or talk about them with a little respect. If you have nothing good to say, then don’t say nothing at all unless you have undisputed actual facts rather then basing your arguments and personal criticisms based on gossip and hear say. A lot of influential minds read these forums and rather than getting encouragement probably leave or just laugh at what is being written having little or no impact on there Sikhi jeevan as a whole. How do we know how much bhagti, path, naam simran, seva an individual had or has who is able to inspire so many. Do we have the spirtual avasta to be able to judge others? It’s very easy to post criticisms of someone over the internet. But just remember your post, no matter how passionate you might be about Sikhi try not to do nindeya of others. Someone might have just started to walk on the path of Sikhi. Has been inspired by what they have heard from or about a great soul. It may have increased their faith, bhagti or seva etc. Maybe their lives are changing for the better and they were going reach salvation in this life, but from what they heard or read, it created doubt in their minds and they stopped. You have become responsible for ruining someone else’s jeevan and I firmly believe no matter how great a Sikh you think you are, that one deed alone could end up destroying your own.

Bhul chuk maaf..

148314[/snapback]

true say

True amazing post bro. I was inspired by bhai rama singh ji, bhindranwale sant ji and maskeen ji before taking amrit. When I was told about stuff bout maskeen ji, it knocked me back a few months ago and I felt this void until I reread maskeen ji's books and confirmed how chardikala they singh sahib ji really were.

I can be an example who looks at these post and true does laugh at them with my younger bro....we're all hear to learn but rather than learn from a few the majority are abit of comedy mixed in with uhhhhhh...ohhh.....'here we go Againn'...... no.gif

Absolutely excellent post Sat1176 Ji.

You words simpy could not be put any better:

There have been numerous great Sikhs of the past, present and god willing will be in the future who have and will inspire hundreds, thousands and millions of Sikhs to walk on pathway towards the almighty Waheguru. Probably more than we will do ourselves in our lives. The least we can do is treat or talk about them with a little respect. If you have nothing good to say, then don’t say nothing at all unless you have undisputed actual facts rather then basing your arguments and personal criticisms based on gossip and hear say.

Absolutely amazing post, May Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji Keep such Blessing upon you.