We Shouldn't Use Half Names

Akal Warrior

I have noticed alot of people using 'half names' to address Singhs/Singhees these days. Guru Gobind Singh Ji has clearly told us not to do this, and that any Amritdhari must be called Singh/Kaur after the 1st name. Its a very bad habit, and people are starting to do it more and more. The "Youth of the Month' articles are very inspiring, however there are some very blessed Gursikhs on there who are being addressed without using Singh/Kaur in their name. Lets all make sure that we always address Singhs/Kaurs properly, like how Guru Ji would like us to.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karnee

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

A name is just a name that is just going to stay in this world that people will remember you by. Your real name is the permenant ink of naam that will be enshrined in your body when you leave this world.

Your not a singh/kaur if you drink, do drugs etx..

People using other names rather than singh/kaur is ok. Guru ji was talkin in terms of caste. If you dont believe in caste and abide by those rules than its ok. But you if you use caste names and follow the 'caste' in sikhi, then its wrong. I use both singh and my last name in government papers, school etx..

I know many that just have singh/kaur as there last name and that dont use any other last name but they committ many sins including myself.

Hey!...i see that the "Youth of the Month" names have changed, and it now says 'Kaur' with the name. Thats great!!! Thank you for the quick change. Sorry to be pushy, but could you also change the ones running along the top of the page? (Satnam, Mehtab, Satpreet etc..)

I have a book called "The 52 commandments of Guru Gobind Singh Ji", and one of the commandments is "Don't address a Sikh by using their half name", and it also says in MukhteeNama and Amrit Rehatnama recordings, (there is one by Bhai Hardeep Singh Ji on www.gurmatveechar.com, under "Katha", then click on Bhai Hardeep Singh Ji, and there are 2 tracks, a longer one called Amrit Rehatnama, and a shorter one called Mukhteenama). It says in there as well that a person must ALWAYS address and Amritdhari by including Singh/Kaur in the name. Thank you.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH