Http://www.pokerguru.com/

Punjabi_Link

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurtas,

i think your right, the guy who designed the website, proabaly didnt have any intention as to disrespecting Guru Ji but found the saroop of Guru Ji on google image search.

Infact i did one my self using th word 'Guru' the same Saroop used comes up in the search!

I think this person needs to be made aware of the circumstances, but it is essential to keep cool!

I'm not sure how seriously this should be taken, considering it's an artists idea, i.e how Sobha SIngh thought Guru Nanak Dev ji looked like - by making a big fuss out of it, we'll show that we acknowledge that that's the authentic photo of Guru Nanak Dev ji, which it isn't... Not sure it if should be amde into a big deal.. Fair enough if they have a FAQ section with a background picture of Guru Granth Sahib ji and Gurbani, or something like that, but because it's not even an authentic picture of Guru ji, there's no point in making a big fuss out of it....or?

I have sent an e-mail to the address - a polite and friendly one.

Let us be clear about this.

As Sikhs we cannot allow ourselves to fall into a Muslim style situation. We do not need that kind of bad publicity and negative attention.

Let's be mature about this - let us use our heads.

But what's the point really. It's not as if that painting is of Guru Nanak Dev ji's real hysical body... so it doesn't matter anyway, just an artists imagenation..by sending emails we acknowledge that their authentic, when they're clearly not. And even if it was, it still wouldn't make any difference since we as Sikhs don't acknowledge the physical anyway - it's the parkash of Shabad jyot that's the Guru really..

i think the guy that made that probably needed a "guru" like picture so he just googled it or something and a pic of guru nanak dev ji maharaj came up...well not a picture its really an "artists impression" so he probably just used it..i dont think he did it on purpose :lol: @

yea just a polite email would do