Http://www.pokerguru.com/

Punjabi_Link

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what's the point really. It's not as if that painting is of Guru Nanak Dev ji's real hysical body... so it doesn't matter anyway, just an artists imagenation..by sending emails we acknowledge that their authentic, when they're clearly not. And even if it was, it still wouldn't make any difference since we as Sikhs don't acknowledge the physical anyway - it's the parkash of Shabad jyot that's the Guru really..

151395[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

and you still dont care if even that would've been the case? no.gif :lol:

if someone put up a pic of Muhammad like that, true Muslims wouldn't let it go.

if someone put up a pic of Jesus like that, true Christians wouldn't let it go.

if someone put up a pic of Hindu Gods and/or Godesses like that, true Christians wouldn't let it go.

if someone put up a pic of Abraham like that, true Jews wouldn't let it go.

they were still our Gurus...

so i think its right to take an action...

its the wrong image..

sorry if i have offended anyone

peace...

But what's the point really. It's not as if that painting is of Guru Nanak Dev ji's real hysical body... so it doesn't matter anyway, just an artists imagenation..by sending emails we acknowledge that their authentic, when they're clearly not. And even if it was, it still wouldn't make any difference since we as Sikhs don't acknowledge the physical anyway - it's the parkash of Shabad jyot that's the Guru really..

151395[/snapback]

and you still dont care if even that would've been the case? no.gif :lol:

if someone put up a pic of Muhammad like that, true Muslims wouldn't let it go.

if someone put up a pic of Jesus like that, true Christians wouldn't let it go.

if someone put up a pic of Hindu Gods and/or Godesses like that, true Christians wouldn't let it go.

if someone put up a pic of Abraham like that, true Jews wouldn't let it go.

they were still our Gurus...

so i think its right to take an action...

its the wrong image..

sorry if i have offended anyone

peace...

151696[/snapback]

But the thing is jio... u say "if someone put a pic of..." - thats the point LK was making... they arent pictures of our Gurus!

You look at that pic n you see Guru Nanak Dev Jee... but we should try and look at everything and everyone and see Guru Nanak Dev Jee (inevitably, Maharaj) in them. Yes, the painting is a portrayal of that Eternal Jyot Waheguru... but dont forget His entire creation to which He himself has manifested Himself into.

We should be telling people "we dont believe in idoling statues or photos or paintings" which we should not be doing. But i think the message this has sent out to the site is that Sikhs do believe in idol worship thanks to their "outrage" at this pic. Then Sikhs are the first to jump when people call Sikhi a branch of Hinduism.

Dont get me wrong, I see both sides of the argument. But like Gurbani teaches us... He exists in every living thing and in every inanimate stone.

Forgive my many mistakes.

It's only that it's a representation of our beloved Guru Saahib Maharaj, and when people see this, they assume that the Gurus of the Sikhs condoned cards/gambling.

I think that's what's worrying some of us? That people will misunderstand Guru Jee, and inevitably, His Sikhs?

i think the fact that all sikhs have pictures of gurus in their homes is confusing 99.99% of all non-sikhs. gurus never condoned card games but when did they condone us having their pics in our houses?

i think this issue has to be brought up in akal takhat one day and be cleared once and for all. i hope at the end we have a huge bon-fire and burn all guru pics and believe in our real guru, shabad guru like guru Nanak dev ji intended.

i think this issue has to be brought up in akal takhat one day and be cleared once and for all. i hope at the end we have a huge bon-fire and burn all guru pics and believe in our real guru, shabad guru like guru Nanak dev ji intended.

just think about what you said here,

burn all the guru's picture which shows virtues or history in one way or another???

it's not the pictures of guru's in artistic way that panth is vulnerable, panth is vulnerable to this fanatical approach of burning artistic pictures of guru's which shows virtues, history. If you can't see those virtues or history in the artistic drawing, sketches, pictures....don't blame the pictures, blame your blindness(agyanta)..just calm down mate, may be some day by blessing of guru when your debdristi opens (vision gets free from tunell) then you will know each artistic pictures have history, virtues behind it(directly fetched from janamsakhis) which artist shares. Art is a kalan itself, art can tell priceless words which this tongue cannot.

You think sri guru gobind singh used this waha bi approach of "lets burn pictures" because people may idol worship those pictures- NO

He instead gave gyan to sangat and told them, purpose behind the art. 68 Poets, artist from different backgrounds in Guru Maharaj darbar is an classic example of Guru Maharaj appreciation towards Arts, calligarphy, poetries.

I wonder what's insecure sikh wahabism is going to do next, idea of lets burn the pictures already floating in the air.. what next? - lets throw all the guru's maharaj shastars, relics, malas and so on forth oh lets throw them all out, didn't you know people might start worshipping them? what type of fussar(empty) approach is that?