Important : Khushwant Singh Is Being Honored

Gurpreet Singh

he also publicaly called sant jarnail singh and other mahaan shaheeds "thugs"

didn't he also mentioned in the bbc documentary of sikhs- bhindranwale did not surrender, he fought back like a "TIGER" ?

I am not sure if he is double minded on sant bhindranwale, or he is just playing hide and seek game and being cynical.

151711[/snapback]

It has little to do with him being double minded. Its more about the context that his remarks are taken.

Him saying Sant Jarnail Singh is a thug is his opinion on Sant Jarnail Singhs character. While saying that Sant Jarnail singh faught like a tiger, is his observation/opinion on the resistance that was given to the GOI by the Singhs.

Similar observations were also made of the Khalsa by other dushts, such as Mir Manu, and Zakhria Khan.

Many solidiers who fought for the GOI were also suprirsed and shocked by the resistance that they recieved at the hands of the Khalsa on that day, so much so that they resorted to bringing in Tanks, into Darbaar Sahib.

Many were also quoted as saying that during the attack they did not know how many Singhs they were going up against. Although it was only a handful who put up a fight the resistance they recieved felt like that of an entire battalion.

waheguru jee ka khalsa

waheguru jee ki fateh,

sangat jee khuswant rai,is a man who acts like a lion or a singh by wearing a dastaar but the truth is he is a hindu.."main kiya eh hindu hai,indira di juti chat chat ka aga vadiya",he licked the feets of indira gandhi and gave her suggestions how to destroy the sikh movement started by the human of Akal purakh Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale,jinha suti koum jagai.khuswant rai gave suggestions to indira about attacking the golden temple and he claims that out of 100% sikhs only 2% are khalistani's. grin.gif i dont think so,through my method all sikhs need khalistan but not many sikhs' eyes are open yet, for the creation of a new nation,KHALISTAN.I believe atleast 25% sikhs want khalistan may be more,and i am talking about 2006 and khauswant rai said it in 1980's. If I see this man "ihnu sodh dehna asi".sant jee said if someone goes against the panth evn if its him,its our duty to gadi chadana.Mout di gadi jeda chadgiya santa kiya o vapas na aiya.so,eh khuswant rai di jedi rai hai sikh panth bara is very bad i mean really bad.so sangat jee no point of talking about him or his anti-sikh achievements.Just ignore the dusht.

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!!!

I recently found out from a Singh that Khushwant Singh is being honored by Centennial Foundation. As many of us know Khushwant Singh doesn't even consider sikhism as a distinct religion. He claims  that sikhs are keshdhari hindus and in many of his articles, he has insulted mahaan shaheeds of the  panth . He also blatantly states that he's a wine lover.

Please Khalsa ji, take some time to contact the Centennial Foundation and let them know that such a person shouldn't be honored as a Sikh. Clearly its a failure to honor someone such as him and give him the status of a role model for our young Sikh brothers and sisters.

Please check link for info on event :

http://www.centennialfoundation.org/2006gala.html

Contact Info :

Parminder Batra

phone: 416-671-7276

Nampreet Singh

phone: 647-668-1040

Email: centennialfoundation@gmail.com

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!!

151672[/snapback]

mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan

The guy lives in delhi so he can't be no bhindrawaale sant-sipahi supporter.

VJKK VJKF

What the hell is wrong with you??...where did you draw that conclusion from?....I am from Dehli and i am a Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhinranwaleh supporter...just because we do not live in the homeland it does not mean that we are anti panth. Your just making more divisions in an already divided community. Remember that all the Mahaan Shaheeds laid down their lives so that we would unite under the KESRI NISHAAN SAHIB!... your making divisions under it!!...Wake up!!

Khalsa Fateh

>>sangat jee khuswant rai,is a man who acts like a lion or a singh by wearing a >>dastaar but the truth is he is a hindu.."main kiya eh hindu hai,indira di juti chat >>chat ka aga vadiya",he licked the feets of indira gandhi and gave her suggestions >>how to destroy the sikh movement started by the human of Akal purakh Sant >>Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale,jinha suti koum jagai.khuswant rai >>gave suggestions to indira about attacking the golden temple and he claims that >>out of 100% sikhs only 2% are khalistani's.

Yes he is a hindu not like them Khalistani lions in Germany (Erlangen) who did not have the guts to debate with him during one of his lectures there Kushwant even offered to debate on Khalistan but no one even raised a question. They just sat there silently.

Was you there when Kushwant Singh was giving suggestions to Indira ?

Considering that Kushwant was always in the Sanjay-Maneka camp and as such he ws not part of indiras inner circle it is startling that you have evidence that Kushwant the great military strategist gave suggestions of attacking the Harimandir Sahib to indira. I guess thats why after Bluestar, in protest he gave his padma bhushan back to giani zial su and told him that the Sikhs would never forgive him for Bluestar. Maybe indira did not follow his exact attack advice which you appear to be party to. Maybe kushwant thought if he made a stance his book sales would go through the roof if the 2 crore Sikhs in India each bought a copy.

I guess his well publicised reports concerning the 84 genocide were also just a front and his questioning of the role of the police etc was just a big charade. He has stuck to his line about the 84 genocide and spoken openly against the role of the congress in this. This is unlike "khalistani" leader like Dr Sohan Su, Wassan Su Zaffarwal, Dr Chohan, Daljit Bittu etc etc who have all back peddled and changed their stance on everything.

His History of the Sikhs is a good read, How the Sikhs lost their Kingdom is also a good book.

mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan

VJKK VJKF

What the hell is wrong with you??...where did you draw that conclusion from?....I am from Dehli and i am a Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhinranwaleh supporter...just because we do not live in the homeland it does not mean that we are anti panth. Your just making more divisions in an already divided community. Remember that all the Mahaan Shaheeds laid down their lives so that we would unite under the KESRI NISHAAN SAHIB!... your making divisions under it!!...Wake up!!

Khalsa Fateh

151768[/snapback]

no man read my whole post. I'm talking about him being an opportunist. Delhi is the capitol of india, he isn't going to run around being a pro bhindrawaale supporter whereas in majority sikh areas he tones it down. he is a politician.

Hey does anybody know how to contact him directly? I know where he lives in Delhi. He lives near Khan Market Maybe when i go to India Ill knock on his door for a little chat. Any ways who is he to talk like that about Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhinranwaleh. And call him self brave and that Akal Thakht wont say any thing to him. I bet he his a hindu who liked Indra Ghandi's <admin-profanity filter activated>. LOL

mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan

VJKK VJKF

Khalsa Fateh

151768[/snapback]

no man read my whole post. I'm talking about him being an opportunist. Delhi is the capitol of india, he isn't going to run around being a pro bhindrawaale supporter whereas in majority sikh areas he tones it down. he is a politician.

151787[/snapback]

He must have been a very poor opportunist as most the time he was in the Rajya Sabha he sat as an independent.

Unlike Tohra, Talwandi and Rajinder Kaur (daughter of Master Tara Singh) he did actually speak in the Rajya Sabha and raise issues instead of just being a member so he could get a nice bungalow, car, free telephone etc.

When the main debate on Bluestar was held in the Rajya Sabha, the whip of the congress party lined up his henchman to heckle Kushwant Singh. Kushwant lambasted the government and was highly critical of the army during this Rajya Sabha debate.

He later had a priviledge motion moved against him by congress members.

If he was an opportunist he would not have been so critical of the 84 genocide and the direct involvement of congress party members in this.

One point he does make (which after personal observations I tend to agree with) is that if young Sikhs continue to renege from the Khalsa traditions at the prevelent rate, the Sikhs would lose their distinct identity and become Hindus believing in Sikhism by the turn of the century. If you look at villages in Punjab more and more people are cutting their kesh and meandering away from Sikhi. You go up to a few of them and ask them for the names of our Guru Ji and they cannot tell you but ask them about Ram Sita etc and they can bore you stupid all day with the ins and outs of the story.