Who Is Your Guru?

Khalsa Alliance

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Prem Ji I can see how my post may have been taken in a intimidatory way but that is not what I meant it to do. I was merely stating everybody should have someone to answer to. Committees are not scared of or do not answer to our Guru, so it is upto the Sangat to act. I agree we should not need to threathen or bash people, we should explain their errors and help change things.

So long as we all do something I don't care what route you take. I can't stand people criticising others and not actually doing anything themsleves. Too many people criticised the Respect for Guru Granth Sahib Ji campaign yet did nothing themselves to offer an alternative. This seems like someone has got off their backside and is trying. Lets all make this our responsibility.

Harshjeet

This really should not be a problem. As the article states, all we need to do is explain to everybody. And in such a way that they understand that this is not unreasonable. When the momentum is built up, and all the major gurdwaray are on board, the leaders from those gurdwaray can go directly to those who have not signed up to the pledge and explain to them why this is important. Then the problem will be solved, and it will be done by consensus.

...The first step is to visit every single Gurdwara and discuss the issue with each commitee...

152415[/snapback]

Why do we have commitees in the first place, history has shown that the trust and faith put into these higher forces hasnt benifited most sikh communities. Instead, why dont we give duties (accounting, cleaning, administration jobs) to the actuall community that uses them. Amritdari sikhs would be benificial, although not neccesary.

Because there would be no commitee, there would be less chance to develop a "higher" caste or elite group of ppl. Rotate the ppl that do the duties from time to time - and you have a very good setup going.

:T:

I agree incidents like lemington shudnt re-occur.

We also need to shut down these party halls that comittees are opening everywhere. I think we need to make a list of halls. Does anyone know of any that are going to be built?

Anyone know of any Gurdware allowing Guru Ji's saroop to be taken to hotels and halls?

Good work Khalsa Alliance :TH:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

About time some of the UK Gurdwaras Committees took on ownership of the problems facing Sikhi today! In most cases they need to realise they have been instrumental in creating the embaressing situation we are in. Let's hope it's not just a one-off statement/article, every single UK Gurdwara Committee should be supporting this.

Good luck to the Khalsa Alliance.

good idea, the key is education and dialogue.

in regard to hotels which hold weddings that result in beadbi we need to educate them about Guru ji and importance to Sikhs.

one booklet i picked up from a gurdwara which was really good was called 'SGGS in the eyes of non-Sikh scholars'. any idea where we can get copies from??

Gurdwara committees need to understand that they are in place to serve our Guru and Sangat. They all seem to think they are incharge and have power over the Sangat, but this is not how it should be.

It is time Sangat united and stood up to committees. Point out their errors and correct them.

The committees should realise and understand their role. They are there mainly to do Sikhi parchaar. They are in place to respect and serve our Guru.

They are not in place to open up party halls for the punjabi community. They are not in place to make life easier for the punjabi community at the expense of their Guru's Sadkaar.

Gurdwara committees need to understand that they are in place to serve our Guru and Sangat. They all seem to think they are incharge and have power over the Sangat, but this is not how it should be.

It is time Sangat united and stood up to committees. Point out their errors and correct them.

The committees should realise and understand their role. They are there mainly to do Sikhi parchaar. They are in place to respect and serve our Guru.

They are not in place to open up party halls for the punjabi community. They are not in place to make life easier for the punjabi community at the expense of their Guru's Sadkaar.

152690[/snapback]

Totally agree.