If Ever U Need To Know About Islam

raju123

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harnek Singh, although the above surely belonged to Islam, and were pious to the max, I do not agree tha they followed the Qü'ran to the spot, and thus I do not tihnk critisizing Islam or the Qu'ran, is critisizing the above, since their teachings do not go in line wit the teachings of islam. Guru Sahib in Gurbani tells us what makes a real muslim .

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

LionKing, consider there were no papers available during Muhammad's time....most of the revelation were written on other mediums such as leafs, clothes etc. The Quran that we have in current form (hardcover paper) came much later after the prophets time. An islamic friend of mine himself told me this, that Quran were written hundred of years after the prophet. Where do we know, what was revealed and what was added...only God knows, but when it comes down to praying, no matter what religion you are, you can be truly connected to God in many languages and many religions. Dissing one's religion is counterproductive to such effort.

Gurfateh

As I said before, we should not diss Islam grstuitously when dealing with and confronting Islamic extremism. In my opinion faithfreedom is a hate site.

Study Islam, in particular the sufi Islam of Bhagat Farid. Take that as the gold standard of Islam and anyone who does not appreciate with that tradition, what is called the barelvi tradition of Islam in India and Pakistan, is most likely intolerant and influences by the extremist wahaabis. It is very important that we are aware of the threat posed by militant Islam but that we do not:

(a) Blame all Muslims

or

(b) Diss the entire religion.

The best thing is to read books or articles by moderate Muslims to get a sense of how to combat the fundamentalists. Most often even talking to them is a waste of time because they are so fanatical, but if you do have to speak with them, make sure you keep cool and calm and polite - at the end of the day they are wrong when they make claims that their religion is 'superior' to others. Speak sweetly to them and they will know the true peace and calm and love of a Sikh.

ther are two types of islam one is sufi type and the other is fanatic.but every time there is a battle between these two fanatic islam always win.thats what happened when aurangzeb defeated its brother dara shikoh who was a sufi..all the islamic countries are ruled by fanatic islam.

so what.. them bashing Sikhi is an excuse for Sikhs to bash Islam?.. get real dude... i've read the whole thread... everything that they're sayin is 'i heard this, i heard that'... nobody knows for sure.. Guru Jee even said show pyaar to ur enemies, albeit, they aren't our enemies, so why show hatred towards them?

I'm not surprised that they don't know much about Sikhi, but what surprises me is that many "sikhs" don't know much about Sikhi either... Guru Nank Dev Jee spent almost his whole time on Earth teaching us about love and acceptance... i'm not seein much of that... okay, i agree that some of the stuff said on the website is NOT cool, and fairly offensive... but.. what do we do?... we write crap about them on our website?... NO..

what i THINK would be best is, get some very learned Gursikh brother/sisters to join the website and let everybody know what Sikhi is about... and we do that with LOVE.. i'm thinkin i might join that forum and give them what little knowledge i have about sikhi... i would encourage others (Pheena mainly... i think outta this whole forum, ur writing skills outweigh all of us :lol: ) to do the same... and no matter what they say... still show love... and don't say nethin disrespectful about their religion.. God Abides in ALL... slandering sum1 who is a muslim isn't much different then slandering a Sikh...

Bhul Chuk Maaf...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

i went ahead and posted on the website... sum1 replied to sumthin I wrote...

Hi Heera Singh

I have a sikh friend, who is constantly contradicting himself

One minute he admits that muslims wrote in guru granth sahib, then also admits that all religions are right. Then later totally contradicts himself by attacking islamic teachings like polygamy and like you have said Hajj

My questions are

1) Do Sikhs believe all religions are right?

2) Do Sikhs believe in prophets before Guru Nanek

3) Why have non-sikhs written in Guru Granth Sahib

Also i'd like to point out that the gurus did try and invite others to sikhism, and wanted people to convert, because they thought it was the one true path.

Also you strangely say

Wherever he went, Guru Nanak Dev spoke out against empty religious rituals; pilgrimages

But yet Guru Nanek did Hajj, which is a pilgrimage, which proves he was a muslim. All sikhs unanimously admit he performed hajj, my question is why would he do it if he wasn't a muslim? Why go through all that if it was all useless as you say. Also i'd like to point out something to you that i noticed, if he had done hajj, the only way for him to have entered Mecca/medina was by saying he was a muslim, ie he would have had to lie

By the way it's good a sikh is on here. We've been crying out for some. Soo many questions, i'm sure there are answers to the questions i've posted, it'll just e good to finally receive some. Hopefully we can have good dialogue and learn aout each other's religions

so i would request some assistance from some more learned gursikhs to reply to these posts.. :lol: i wanna make sure i get all the info correct..