Sikh On The Street In America

akjforever

the really funny thing is that if we did the same thing in india, we would learn that Indians know jack about sikhi! i have met so many gujratis straight from india and they have no clue about sikhs...they are like oh yeah sikhs, you guys are just hindus right?

we just had a interfaith meeting at our university and the hindu student council was shocked to learn that sikhs consider gurbaani as the word of god direct from waaheguru. they thought guru nanak dev ji just collected people's writings and put it together from hinduism and islam.

Sat Sri Akal:

I had one Indian co-worker wondering why we worship kabars (graves) cause she thought that the Thakt of Guru Sahib in a Gurudwara looked like a grave...that was an interesting conversation if any...goes to show you that education about Sikhs in India is poor.

Here Sikhs have Guru Sahib saving us from ghosts and ghouls and people think Sikhs are worshipping the dead... :lol: @

the really funny thing is that if we did the same thing in india, we would learn that Indians know jack about sikhi! i have met so many gujratis straight from india and they have no clue about sikhs...they are like oh yeah sikhs, you guys are just hindus right?

Agreed, most Indians don't know <admin-profanity filter activated> they think "Sardars" are turbaned Hindus.