The Independence Of India: Days That...

Baldeep Singh

The Independence of India: Days That...

At the stroke of midnight on August 14th 1947, the ruling British Empire relinquished its iron grip on the impervious Indian nation as it handed over governance of India to its people.

As the impending mood of festivity approached midnight, celebrations across the country turned sour. The inevitable fight between the warring religions began to reach its climax, leaving a web of irretrievable devastation and destruction in its path, the impact of which still reverberates across the subcontinent to this day. [AD,S]

Mon 20 Mar, 20:30-21:00 30mins Stereo Widescreen

I wonder if they will say anything about "Hindus got Hindustan, the Muslims got Pakistan, what did the Sikhs get?"

Did anyone watch this last night?

It was interesting for the following reasons :

1. The Sikh contribution to the history of the so-called Indias Independence was neglected.

2. There was one bloke in a so called sikh attire - a trim singh! Helping Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.

! We all know that during them days majority of Sikhs donned the dastaar/pugh and kept kes !

3. Master Tara Singh or any form of sikh official was removed from the documentary as a representative and contributor towards Indias liberation from the British!

4. Interesting conversation in the documentary between Gandhi and Mountbatten, Jinnah [leader of All India Muslim League and father of Pakistan] and Mountbatten

- Gandhi did not want Pakistan to goto the muslims, which contained

of Lahore

- Gandhi asked Mountbatten "We are willing to offer Jinnah, the seat of

the of Prime Minister, this will make him the first Prime Minister of

India, but he will need to reject the notion of Partition!"

- When this was offered on a plate to Jinnah by Manbatten [who was a

go between], Jinnah replied :

"Forsaking my faith and nation for a so-called seat of power of India

and what will happen to my people when I die...?"

Mountbatten replies back "what do you mean?"

Jinnah elaborates "When a Hindu shakes my hand, straight afterwards

they run to the toilet to wash them!"

Mountbatten looks at him with empathy.

- At the speech when independance occurred Gandhi was there, jinnah

was there, mountbatten was there, but no person representing Master

Tara Singh within the documentary ... as he presented a speech to All

India Radio.

You gotta hand it to Jinnah, he knew what Gandhu and Nehru agenda was, how do we know this because he clearly said to Master Tara Singh "You will become the slaves of the hindus your masters". Look at that logic ... look where the sikhs are today, our history is being taken away from us, our language has become secondary in punjab, our rights have been abused and misused and land is been taken away from us - Haryana and Utter Pradesh.

Baldev Singh was present at the official radio broadcast over "All India Radio" on the 3 June 1947 when he informed Indians about Hindustan and the Sikhs, heres a transcript I have obtained from [Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Correspondence and

selected documents, Vol. 7, pg. 505] :

"It will be idle for me to pretend that the day is bright and joyous as indeed we might well have hoped it would be. It will be untrue if I say we are altogether happy. Seldom perhaps has a fulfilment like this been tarnished with so much of fear and sorrow.

I say, seldom, because, even though we struggled and even though the struggle was long and heavy, our common quest for freedom need never have divided and torn us as under one from another.

This has actually taken place. The shadow of our differences has thrown its gloom over us… It is not a compromise. I prefer to call it a settlement. It does not please everybody, not the Sikh community anyway!"

One thing that I find disturbing about 1947 is that the violence between communities had started a year before ,but desipite having a large British and Indian army presence nothing was done to protect civilians.

Gandhi and Nehru were shown to be decent but Jinnah was shown to be aggressive last night, I wonder who the advisors were to the programme. Jinnah realised about Gandhi and Nehru when they started using Hindi as their form of communication , when english was used as the neutral language for discussions.

Jinnah did call publically for a "day of action" in other words doing jihad (rioting,murdering,raping, looting,arson) against non-muslims mostly Sikhs but hindu;s also.

Without Jinnah's drive for Pakistan there would have been no communal religious violence on the scale there was. His legacy is not one of a secular pakistan as he wished but a Islamic corrupt state with many problems... a base and haven for internaiotnal terrorists being one of them.

His legacy is not one of a secular pakistan as he wished but a Islamic corrupt state with many problems... a base and haven for internaiotnal terrorists being one of them.

157064[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply, however the above statement you can apply to India also... have you been recently?

Secular India?

Hindustans strategic corruption of minority states, faiths and nations [whats left of em]?

A base and haven for internaiotnal terrorists being one of them - RSS, Shiv Sena, BJP, Congress just to name a few.

His legacy is not one of a secular pakistan as he wished but a Islamic corrupt state with many problems... a base and haven for internaiotnal terrorists being one of them.

157064[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply, however the above statement you can apply to India also... have you been recently?

Secular India?

Hindustans strategic corruption of minority states, faiths and nations [whats left of em]?

A base and haven for internaiotnal terrorists being one of them - RSS, Shiv Sena, BJP, Congress just to name a few.

157125[/snapback]

dr zakir naik lives in bombay and insults every faith and try to convert each and

everybody to islam.can a fanatic hindu leader lives in lahore and insult islam in pakistan.answer my question.

All i know by asking for seprate land for sikhs we dont do justice to Sardar Kartar singh Sarbha, who gave his life for freedom of India . Gadhar party did not want free land for sikhs .I have heard so many time in our gurmat classes Guru Gobind singh ji being called a true desh bhakt for he saved so many hindus from becoming converted into islam,.

His younger songs were killed as result of Pandit Cook yet he never said one word about khalistan being seprate from India and we who suffered so less yet want Khalistan , a land where i dont know how many of us will really be true khalsa.

Please lets remember so many sikh soldeirs died for India only to be inspired by Guru Gobind singh ji, Read about battle of Saragirhi or (Sikh Light Infantry's moto is Nishcae kar jeet karoo ) Please let us not be that intelligent to make their families feel their loved ones gave their r life for a nation which was not theirs but so called Hindu Nation.

We as Sikhs should not forget about brave Sikh Param veer chakra winners like Subedar Joginder Singh, who gave their life for India.We dont need to prove our loyality , we do not need any blessing from any political parties or any so called Plitical leaders to prove that India is our country.

We as a community suffered 84 riots, i remember being very small and when i went to school after riots were over being called a traitor , terriorist.

So that means our suffering was more than Guru Gobind Singh ji's ,i guess yes else why would he make Madho Das Bairagi, a rajput , a hindu into Bandha Singh Bhadhur, Why did Guru Gobind Singh ji didnot remember death of his own younger sons while associating with a rajput.Yet we as community want Khalistan

157064[/snapback]

Secular India?

157125[/snapback]

Offcourse India in many aspects is worse, that is why I support Khalistan. I don't believe in a democratic secular country like India which allows the storming of our holiest shine and the 1984 genocide againt our community and just like the soviet union or the balkans eventually it will collapse, as you can't form a nation with people with different aspirations and visions.

All i know by asking for seprate land  for sikhs  we  dont do justice to Sardar Kartar singh Sarbha, who gave his life  for freedom of India . Gadhar party did not want free land for sikhs .I have heard so many  time in  our gurmat classes Guru Gobind singh ji  being called a true desh bhakt  for he saved  so many hindus  from becoming converted into islam,.

His  younger songs were killed as result  of Pandit  Cook yet he never said one word about khalistan being seprate  from India and we  who suffered so less yet want Khalistan , a land where i dont know how many of us will really  be true khalsa.

Please  lets remember  so many sikh soldeirs died  for India only to be inspired by Guru Gobind singh ji, Read about battle of Saragirhi or (Sikh Light Infantry's moto is Nishcae kar jeet karoo ) Please let us not be that  intelligent to make their families  feel their loved ones gave their r life for  a nation which was not  theirs but so called  Hindu  Nation.

We as Sikhs  should not forget  about brave Sikh Param veer chakra winners like Subedar Joginder Singh, who gave their life for India.We dont need to prove our loyality , we do not  need  any blessing from any political parties or  any so called Plitical leaders  to prove that India is our country.

We as a community suffered 84 riots, i remember being very small and when i went to school  after riots were over being called a traitor , terriorist.

So that means  our suffering was more than Guru Gobind Singh ji's ,i  guess yes  else why would he  make Madho Das Bairagi, a rajput , a hindu  into Bandha Singh Bhadhur, Why did Guru Gobind Singh ji didnot remember death of his  own younger sons while  associating with  a rajput.Yet we as community want Khalistan

157151[/snapback]

With respect, Sikhs in India are treated worse than 3rd class citizens only in the army are they given respect because they do India's dirty work and die in their thousands like useful idiots in other words cannon fodder. Look at the bollywood industry why arent their any Sikh role models most if not all the Sikhs who are shown in movies are either in the army or jokers like that prat dalher mandhi. Even if a shaved face Sikhs were to appear as a lead actors in movies it would at least be a start, it would mean Sikhs are no longer invisible in Indian society yet its 2006 and still Sikhs are treated worse than muslims who don't even orginate from the land of hind.

Sat Sri Akal:

"dr zakir naik lives in bombay and insults every faith and try to convert each and

everybody to islam.can a fanatic hindu leader lives in lahore and insult islam in pakistan.answer my question."

So 125,000 Sikhs killed by state sponsored terrorism over a decade is the sign of a civilized nation? Hey, let's face it...both countries would screw the Sikhs over. Think Pakistan has some genuine sympathy with Sikhs? They are just trying to set the Sikh against India. And India's wonderful track record of treating Sikhs so well is written in bloody letters.