Dreadlocks

mushabooom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading a bit into the lifestyle of Rastafarians and they believe that Jah (God) wants them to be the way he created them. For ex. not cutting hair, just like sikhs. BUT!!! Jah also tells them that they can't comb thier hair or use unnatural products, because combing causes breakage. Thus making dreadlocks.  And combing isnt natural anyways. Cavemen never combed their hair right? So the question is, shouldn't sikhs have dreadlocks too?

157261[/snapback]

What do you think musharoom?

lol...if sikhs weren't supposed to comb their hair, then why did Guru Gobind Singh Ji give us a kanga?

~l~

157271[/snapback]

soooooo truuuuuueeeee!!

i think, that sez it all! :nihungsmile:

157325[/snapback]

Then the question is why? Why did he tell us to comb our hair rather than not. Animals don't comb themselves. Do they? Cats do I guess, and monkeys too. But why???? Why am I asking these crazy question. Nothing makes sense. no.gif

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh

isnt part of the reason why sikh grow there hair simply because we have been given an identity so that we cant hide in a crowd? so that we cannot pretend to be some1 else when we are required to stand up against injustice for every 1 can see we are sikh? something physical to make us do the right thing? thats why we cheerish it so much, because it is an identity given to us by our guru to use how he wud? it is not just because it is natural and and the way god made us for we wud grow our finger nails and that and not cut em. isnt it also because long hair was the style of a saint back in the day? so that influenced our identity given to us?

some1 clarify for me please