naam drirh and bibeki

Guest mehtab

Panj Pyare give naam, not a single person, so I dont know where that came from. Also, naam drirh has NOTHING to do with AKJ and has been around LONG before it. In fact there are accounts of it as far back as Guru Gobind Singh Jees time. Every major sikh figure has written something on it. And the panj have passed down the instruction along with it that it is not to be shared. Its that simple, a hukam from panj. Naam drirh was the same in every jatha and mainstream sikhi until sgpc started giving amrit sanchars with less banis, meat and no naam drirh, who knows why.

Vaheguru gurmanter hai, Japeh Haumeh Koe.

Bhai Gurdas Ji...

sorry folks, I didn't realise it was supposed to be kept secret and not shared... :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veer jee.. its not hte actualy word waheguroo which is to be kept secret thats ridiculous, but the method of recitation.

The gurmantar is given at amrit sanchars for a reason, even if the method isnt imparted. why is that reason? they have forgotten the method but still impart gurmantar, whats the point of that if everyone knows it. There is a point to it, just look deeper. The method is just as important as the word itself. I can say this for a fact from personal experience, beyond that I know nothing.

everyone knows that when the first 9 gurus gave charan amrit they gave teh method of doing the gurmantar in the candidates ear and until guru gobind singhs time naam dridh was never done in public (ie he did naam dridh infront of the sangat).....still after that naam dridh was ONLY given during amrit.

Sardar Bahadur Sahib Khalsa Soulja Ji,

Good to hear from you again! Hope you're well! Unfortunately this <banned word filter activated> (ME) didn't know that "when the first 9 gurus gave charan amrit they gave teh method of doing the gurmantar in the candidates ear"...

...so please, firstly excuse my foolish ignorance and secondly please could you provide some reference for this practice so I can read up on this myself (or if anyone wishes to follow up their own independent study).

Manythanks...

GUR BAR AKAAAAALLLL!!

No jathedar of damdami taksal has been so far, well i know not since sant gurbachan singh jes times. If u dont believe me, i asked a singh who did sewa of all the taksal jathedars after sant sundar singh je , was elected jathedar of damdama sahib by sarbat khalsa, and knows a lot of the guru granth sahib je mooh jawani. And he has a lot of gian because hes been doing sewa of sants his preety much whole life. Anyways, this guy even told me that sant je ( none of them) kept sarbloh bibek. This singh was really close with all the bhindranwale sants, and he stayed with damdami Taksal jatha for a long time. He is now the granthi of a gurdwara.

So sangat je, please dont say that sant je ( any of them) were sarbloh bibeki, It aint true.

Bhai Sahib, Gyani Mohan Singh Ji Bhindrawale is actually a Sarblohi Singh and a VERY strict bebeki. So perhaps before making statements that big you should think twice.

Dearest Niranjana

Here are 2 references from Bhai Gurdas Varan taken from the Gurmat Studies website.

crn Doie rihrws kr crnwimRq is`KW pIlwXw]Translation:

He washed His feet, eulogised God and got his Disciples drink the nectar of his feet. (Vaar - Bhai Gurdas Ji)

The Gurmantra that the Khalsa receive at the time of Baptism was also given before, but in a different manner:

mnih pRgwsu Bieau Brmu nwisau mMqR dIa gurkwn

Translation:

There is light in the mind and doubt is destroyed when the Guru gives the Gurmantra through the ear.

from bhai gurdas // 1 (sikhitothemax):

gur BweI sMquSt kr crnwimRq lY muK ipvyhI]

gur bhaaee sa(n)thushatt kar charanaamrith lai mukh pivaehee||

Man by becoming gurmukh- Guru oriented, makes his life meaningful; he reads Gurbani and makes others understand (the importance of) bani. He satisfies his companions and takes the holy water touched by their feet

another 1 from // 1:

crn Doie rihrws kr crnwimRq is`KW pIlwXw]

charan dhhoe rehiraas kar charanaamrith skhiaa(n) peelaayaa||

He washed His feet, eulogised God and got his Disciples drink the ambrosia of his feet.

then sikhitothemax stopped working so i couldnt use it anymore :(

b

ut the overall idea is, bhai gurdass bani is fullllll of references to charan paul/charanamrit and also how the gurmantar was given back then. i think its in some janamsakhis too.

i hope this moorakh has filled your mind and heart with copious amounts of info for you to ponder and think over :)

Dearest Niranjana

Here are 2 references from Bhai Gurdas Varan taken from the Gurmat Studies website.

Translation:

He washed His feet, eulogised God and got his Disciples drink the nectar of his feet. (Vaar - Bhai Gurdas Ji)

The Gurmantra that the Khalsa receive at the time of Baptism was also given before, but in a different manner:

mnih pRgwsu Bieau Brmu nwisau mMqR dIa gurkwn

Translation:

There is light in the mind and doubt is destroyed when the Guru gives the Gurmantra through the ear.

from bhai gurdas // 1 (sikhitothemax):

gur BweI sMquSt kr crnwimRq lY muK ipvyhI]

gur bhaaee sa(n)thushatt kar charanaamrith lai mukh pivaehee||

Man by becoming gurmukh- Guru oriented, makes his life meaningful; he reads Gurbani and makes others understand (the importance of) bani. He satisfies his companions and takes the holy water touched by their feet

another 1 from // 1:

charan dhhoe rehiraas kar charanaamrith skhiaa(n) peelaayaa||

He washed His feet, eulogised God and got his Disciples drink

the ambrosia of his feet.

then sikhitothemax stopped working so i couldnt use it anymore :(

but the overall idea is, bhai gurdass bani is fullllll of references to charan paul/charanamrit and also how the gurmantar was given back then. i think its in some janamsakhis too.

i hope this moorakh has filled your mind and heart with copious amounts of info for you to ponder and think over :)

Sardar Bahadur Yodha Bhai Sahib Bhai Khalsa Soulja Ji...

GUR FATEH!

Good to hear from you! I am aware of Charanpaul Amrit and have no issue on this matter, but thanks for the quotes.

What I'm interested in learning more about is the method of giving the Gurmantr, as I remain an <banned word filter activated> on this front! You provided a reference from Bhai Gurdas Ji, with which I am familiar...

...The Gurmantra that the Khalsa receive at the time of Baptism was also given before, but in a different manner...

...There is light in the mind and doubt is destroyed when the Guru gives the Gurmantra through the ear...

However, whilst not meaning to be pedantic, a few points...

...these are translations and hence need to be attended to carefully (given the use of words such as Baptism for instance, although this is a minor point)...

...moreover, the 'different manner' appears not to be elaborated...

...and to say that the last quote is indicative of receiving Naam through the manner in vogue with the AKJ, Naamdharis and Radhasoamis seems too literal an interpretation of the verse, however I acknowledge this could simply be me and my inquisitive ways!...

Again, I

state for the record, that I have no issue with Naam Dhrir, just wishing to gain some further understanding of this practice, so please forgive any foolish comments.

GUR BAR AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

bhai gurdas ji cant exactly explain naam dridh in varan....because only baptised singhs know it n thats how it stays!

"There is light in the mind and doubt is destroyed when the Guru gives the Gurmantra through the ear."

to me, i translate that as the guru is not just saying "hey the gurmantars waheguru if you didnt knowalready" but there is something special about the way that its said or done.

im not that knowledgable on naam dridh (especially becuz im not even amritdhari hahahahahahaha) so the only real sources of reference i have is the first half of bhai gurdas varan which has bene translated on sikhitothemax :)

im sure mkhalsa will sort u out......theres a chunky book which proves naam dridhs been around for time, i dont know who or when it was written tho. its quite old i think (like 40 yrs plus)