Gender Inequality In Sikhi

ofcourse i am a murakh

hum kire kiram satgur sharnai

but you have huge knowledge .

again you showed that you dont want to explore , the jivans of older mahapurakhs to improve your knowledge

so why are husband and wife not one yet? and think differently?

dont take literal meaning

it also means both attain gian that both merge with akal

and become one

ofcourse i am a murakh

hum kire kiram satgur sharnai

but you have huge knowledge .

again you showed that you dont want to explore , the jivans of older mahapurakhs to improve your knowledge

so why are husband and wife not one yet? and think differently?

dont take literal meaning

it also means both attain gian that both merge with akal

and become one

again, grasping at straws! I have explored... 40 years worth of exploring and everything has show me that all humans are one. Certainly women should not be viewing their husbands as God! No human ever should be seen in that light, as we all contain the divine light, but alone as individuals we are NOT God. God is ALL as ONE.

So please tell me... since you consider yourself so knowledgeable, why does GRM contradict SGGSJ? Why are Singhnis instructed to view their husbands as God, while the Singhs are NOT instructed to do the same with their wives? Why is it that the wives are seen as followers while the husbands are their [God] when the SAME divine light is in both EQUALLY??

Please tell me, and actually BACK UP your claims with Gurbani!

This is in direct contradiction to SGGSJ:

ਧਨ ਪਿਰੁ ਏਹਿ ਨ ਆਖੀਅਨਿ ਬਹਨਿ ਇਕਠੇ ਹੋਇ ॥

Ḏẖan pir ehi na ākẖī▫an bahan ikṯẖe ho▫e.iding in two bodies.

The line you have listed Bhaji, is not to do with Man and Woman, in the sense of marriage, but the Param-Atma (male) and Atma (female). It is so much deeper than what you have attempted to pass it off as.

again, grasping at straws! I have explored... 40 years worth of exploring

Bhaji, Gurbani also says that men read tons of books but remain A-gyani. Don't think that decades of reading means you have acheived anything.

If you are the same satkiran on sikhawareness, then please look there for some information I have posted on this subject. You seem to be saying exactly the same things she has been there.

This subject is way more deeper than we try to make it out to be.

God should be seen in all... male or female, 4 legged creature or 2 legged creature. Ik Noor te sabh jag upjaya... kaun bale ko mande. The fact that views are as ignorant as they are is because the world as a whole has forgotten. We tend to only look at God within ourselves and by doing so allow our ego (Haumai, Ahankar) to overtake us and we view everyone as our subordinate... this is most evident in traffic lol! But we have to always be aware that God doesn't discriminate... God emanates in all of us so therefore we must treat creations of said Creator with respect and humility.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh http://www.sikhsangat.com/public/style_emoticons//pray.gif

Its so saddening that there is so much inequality in terms of gender that still shines through in the Sikh Panth today - honestly. Why the marginalisation of women so much? Our history is filled with so many great sikh women figures who fought even braver than their Singh counterparts.

Sikhi is a religion of equality as clearly stamped by Guru Nanak Dev Ji. How can we even begin to call ourselves Sikh when we haven't even understood the most basic rule. How can we even do sewa when we exclude our sisters?

As Guru Ji says in Asa di Vaar:

Awpu gvwie syvw kry qw ikCu pwey mwnu ]

aap guvaae saevaa kurae thaa kish paaeae maan

But if he eliminates his self-conceit and then performs service, he shall be honored.

so ikau mMdw AwKIAY ijqu jMmih rwjwn ]

so kio mundhaa aakheeai jith junmehi raajaan

So why call her bad? From her, kings are born.

Women not being allowed to do kirtan in darbar sahib, serving as the panj pyare during Amirt Sanchaar, carrying of Guru Granth Sahib Ji to name just a few.

May Guru Ji do kirpa and remove this veil from us for the chardikala of the Khalsa Panth

Bhul chuk maaf for any mistakes

The reason women can't do kirtan at Darbar Sahib is more of a societal role: in Harminder Sahib a Kirtani should be able to do it for months and years, (hence the title Hazoor Ragi), the society of Punjab is women stay home. The Punj Pyare Sewa is a debated one: 3HO and Akj both had female Punj Pyare. The last one is if you wish to carry Guru Mahraj on your head then you should wear a keski, same if your a man. Your entire basis of discrimination seems flawed. You should really see the rest of the world.