Shocking!

orono

for the gurus it took years from Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Guru Gobind Singh Ji to spread the message of truth and to create the khalsa panth each Guru added something new to the siikh religion it takes steps

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MANMUKH INTO A GURMUKH OVERNIGHT

(well it is possible with Mahrajs Kirpa if they wish it to be )

Yes... but we are supposed to spreading guru ji's message, not our culture (punjabi, wester, whatever...). Why didn't they have a seperate, culture camp AFTEr the sikhi camp? Then ppl can attend it or not, without both mixing.

There are more worse things than bhangra... but why try to go there???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

people should give sikh student camp break, there is nothing wrong with little fun, by looking at the video, this video was shot in a room perhaps guys sleeping room, it was not in the darbar.

You have to understand the type of crowd which attends the camp are very rookie in sikhi so sometimes these kinda activity is needed just fun activity with no harm, besides there is always been hostility between amritdhari sikhs and monaie, i don't know may be because of gap but there is always been hostility so this kinda activity (clean boliyans) does changes perception of monai in positive light towards amritdhari people since they seem to get the idea that- yes amritdhari people can have little bit of fun too and get along with them instead being fully katar in their beleifs and not even smile or have little bit of fun.

I don't know uk camps, but here in toronto when i went to the camp ..just when i was getting into sikhi around night time, singh got together and we played bhabhi card game, it was fun..i knew this crowd is safe to hang around with they will not let me feel i m worthless, not up to their standards, they made me quite comfortable by cracking jokes, playing cards etc.

Sikh Student camp is medium where people who are newly into sikhi get comfortable to know more about sikhi without getting told off the usual soo called panthic singh (oh amrit shak la, rehit pyari mujkho sikh pyara nahi ). Where is the pyaar? none of that was shown, where is the gyan on gurbani, atma, paratma, karma, bhagti, bairaag, none of that was shown before than usual oie tu amrit shakla.

I went to Sikh student camp couple of years back, i really enjoyed it. i had to go sant maharaj ji barsi in the middle of the camp but later singhs were telling me at the end of the day in the camp, every youth was crying in love of god and crying in seperation of sangat because they had to go. Yes true, there was no amrit sanchar done but what do you prefer? someone taking amrit right way in hurry or copying others or taking his/her time to inflame more love into them. Seed of love was already put into place now by vahiguroo kirpa naal, sooner or later they will take amrit according to their own pace. Sikhi is about quality than quantity.

Manvir singh khalsa, he is the regular on this forum and the camp, he can tell you..in the darbar there is no talk besides strictly- gurbani, sakhiya, bairaag, pyaar, gyan.

Sikh student camp is lot better than others, my cousin who lives in england, he must 15 yrs now, this is 5 yrs back, basically he went to this camp (forgot the name) one of sevadars told the kids something, he didn't get it, he went up to him. This soo called panthic sevadar yelled at him soo loud that my cousin pee in his jockers. After that, he never been to any camp, now he is into drugs , he is only 15. This is effect of soo called panthic sevadar who had to be so katar that he yelled at the kids, what kinda of sikhi is this? this self proclaimed panthic sevadars putting more sikhs off then bringin them into sri guru nanak dev ji panth because their whole approach is flawed.

With katar parchar you can do two things

- you can either make others katar like you (which is very unlikely)

- or you will put off others from the great prem marg which sri guru gobind singh ji created for us.

I am going to blunt now, Sikh student camp is lot better atleast what i have expereinced first hand compare to other nazi concentration camps which uses approach - shoving shariat sikhi into people's throat.

over and out !

Did Guru Nanak Dev Ji have contempt for the sinners around him? Did he yell at those who did not follow his path?

No

Guru Ji approached them with LOVE - pyare.

We all should approach everyone with pyare. When faced with those who turn their back to Sikhi, or who are ignorant, or who do not know much, we should not scold them. Instead, we should approach them with pyare.

Namstang ji...

Ok, so it's ok to bring one's culture directly into sikhi camps, alright. I'm sure you won't have a problem with ppl singing/dancing to rap/hip hop music, and ppl bringing over movies... Well it's not good, if ppl want to do that, then they should organise a fun day camp in their own time. Why should travel far and wide to do things they can do at home with their friends?

Learning sikhi can be fun rolleyes.gif I hope you know that? Use your imagination, their are many ways to learn sikhi. Then after the camp, go do those stuff on your own time. We should be spending resources to teach oru youth about their sikhi heritage, not their culture.

Of course we need some culture to function and communicate, but it shouldnt take over or incade the camp or function.

From what ive seen, the camp has brought so many youngsters into Sikhi - and these youngsters have not gone and started to drink or take drugs or anything. I think out of all the camps, it seems to have been the most successful in bringing in youth who are not already into Sikhi, into Sikhi. And i have seen they come back from there actually quite inspired to follow a Taksaal maryadha.

I think too many people are just going by what "he says", "she says". Experience the camp before judging it. Its probably not the best camp out there but i think it attracts a lot of people into Sikhi and this is a positive - something i think we should all look for, rather than the negatives.

People prat around in other camps too and i think the original person who posted in this thread is conveniently a "newbie" to the forum and the intentions are just to malign the camp.

Just my opinion. Bhul chuk maaf.

From what ive seen, the camp has brought so many youngsters into Sikhi - and these youngsters have not gone and started to drink or take drugs or anything. I think out of all the camps, it seems to have been the most successful in bringing in youth who are not already into Sikhi, into Sikhi. And i have seen they come back from there actually quite inspired to follow a Taksaal maryadha.

I think too many people are just going by what "he says", "she says". Experience the camp before judging it. Its probably not the best camp out there but i think it attracts a lot of people into Sikhi and this is a positive - something i think we should all look for, rather than the negatives.

People prat around in other camps too and i think the original person who posted in this thread is conveniently a "newbie" to the forum and the intentions are just to malign the camp.

fully agree nama ji..great post :lol:

yeah that's true... nice point. I really think the two functions should be seeprate, but together if needed.

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?showtopic=14331 a few more opinions.

Sounds as if you have been living in a jungle and missed out on what is considered manmat.

Singing is manmat?

Lets go further and progress on what is shown in that video. Next Sikhi camp they could hold in a strip club and these idiots could play their baja and dholk.

Wow, its appalling how you can relate a strip club to a group of kids singing in punjabi.

Stop being a fanatic. This videos taken out of context, by someone wanting to stirr up some controversy

Start living in jungle and become monk and you won't see such things. This is the society in which we are living so you have to keep open mind. Make yourself strong and that will be inspiration for all of us. You cannot make each one of them a text book Sikh. It takes time and comes naturally. Let them come with their own influences and let Guru influence them. Sikhs these days are more into becoming Gurus than Sikhs. We should work on ourselves and let Guru take care of others.

Sounds as if you have been living in a jungle and missed out on what is considered manmat. If they want to do their bhangra and boliyan practice then they should not do it under the guise of a Sikhi Camp !

Lets go further and progress on what is shown in that video. Next Sikhi camp they could hold in a strip club and these idiots could play their baja and dholk.

These guys are nothing but £ussar panthis.

What was the clip of vedanti? Link was broken so couldn't see it!

Start living in jungle and become monk and you won't see such things. This is the society in which we are living so you have to keep open mind. Make yourself strong and that will be inspiration for all of us. You cannot make each one of them a text book Sikh. It takes time and comes naturally. Let them come with their own influences and let Guru influence them. Sikhs these days are more into becoming Gurus than Sikhs. We should work on ourselves and let Guru take care of others.

Sounds as if you have been living in a jungle and missed out on what is considered manmat. If they want to do their bhangra and boliyan practice then they should not do it under the guise of a Sikhi Camp !

These guys are nothing but £ussar panthis.

What was the clip of vedanti? Link was broken so couldn't see it!

Na some <mod edit : Please dont use bad words> who were apparently using a Sikhi Camp to sing Punjabi songs and act like lafange.