Shocking!

orono

Wow amazing how many people love these camps.

Lol

u crack me up bro!!!

hmmm ... I dont think the video shows lack of responsibilty... but i dont think rules of the camp were "dont have a laugh" either...

As I said there is a time and place for everything. I honestly feel that bhangra at a Sikhi camp is a no no just like someone getting on stage at a weddding and recounting the story of Mahabharat is a non starter.

LOL.gif I think everyone must be fed with these graphics by now. I guess like a good gambler I should quit whilst I am ahead.

post-2624-1146583764_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow amazing how many people love these camps.

Lol

u crack me up bro!!!

hmmm ... I dont think the video shows lack of responsibilty... but i dont think rules of the camp were "dont have a laugh" either...

i think a camp is about learning about Sikhi as well as having a laugh...u do need to have jokez at camp too

but i do feel that video is "having a laugh" too far

where have the days gone when having a laugh at camp was pouring a bucket of water over ur mates :lol:

Not only we got to deal with the bhangra in our Nagar Kirtans, we got the so called GurSikh "Cream of the Crop" youth also promoting this and passing it off as Sikh culture.

It's Kachi Bani guys.... ! Stop confusing the youth even more....

Lol Kurtas i never get sick of ure pics... well, i do when u put my name on it! hehe jokez :lol:

what do you say then to those youths who have gone to these camps and come out shining examples of Sikh youths? Coz i know a fair few... they dont drink (in some cases, gave it up after camp), dont do drugs or anything, dont do bhangra and keep their rehat? I dont understand how that can be seen as "damaging" when people are going in there with none or little faith, and come out of there buzzing with naam bani... :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I heard people playing Bhangra tunes at Khalsa Camp. I even saw some of these guys bopping/semi-dancing to the Bhangra tunes. I could easily have recorded it on my mobile-phone and said "look ... this is what happens at Khalsa Camp". But that would in no way be a fair reflection on Khalsa Camp.

I've met some people whose Shardha and Pyaar for Sikhi has increased immensely after going to Sikh Student Camp.

You cannot judge the actions of the majority by the actions of a few.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

These bunch of loosers katar panthi/katar vadi/shariat sikhs/vahabi talibans wants youths which are new into sikhi to go to camp, don't laugh because you will get peshi, just be like dead people grounded in darbar 24/7 and get suffocated with nothing but sikhi. With this approach you will probably put off more youths than bring them in.

Then next respond i ll get it from some, oh sant jarnail singh did straight parchar, didn't bend down its ways. Oh morkhoo, sant jarnail singh was a bhramgyani, are we? people like us who like to do some parchar only know sikhi if we know sikhi, bhramgyani have expereinced sikhi on spiritual level, sant ji had charimastic character, his words acted like arrows to the youth generation !!!!!!,

nice going you fussar panthis, if it's up to you will make prem marg khalsa panth into right wing vahabi taliban rss panth.

i smell lot of jealous people here with malice intentions to malign this camp, it's better admin close this thread.

So dancing to Kachi Bani is cool then?! Just like the puratan Singhs did...!....

Since when clean boliyan qualifies as kachi "bani" ..do you know what kachi bani is at the first place? it's a recitation, singing which is deliberately made out to "BE" sri guru dev patsah bani.

I don't see clean boliyan in the video made out to be bani, that's one hell of allegations you putting fwd against them. do you have any shame?

These bunch of loosers katar panthi/katar vadi/shariat sikhs/vahabi talibans wants youths which are new into sikhi to go to camp, don't laugh because you will get peshi, just be like dead people grounded in darbar 24/7 and get suffocated with nothing but sikhi. With this approach you will probably put off more youths than bring them in.

Then next respond i ll get it from some, oh sant jarnail singh did straight parchar, didn't bend down its ways. Oh morkhoo, sant jarnail singh was a bhramgyani, are we? people like us who like to do some parchar only know sikhi if we know sikhi, bhramgyani have expereinced sikhi on spiritual level, sant ji had charimastic character, his words acted like arrows to the youth generation !!!!!!,

nice going you fussar panthis, if it's up to you will make prem marg khalsa panth into right wing vahabi taliban rss panth.

i smell lot of jealous people here with malice intentions to malign this camp, it's better admin close this thread.

The only thing that smells is your accusations of people being "loosers katar panthi/katar vadi/shariat sikhs/vahabi talibans". The only losers are the Din-i-Ilahi type people you appear to represent.

There are plenty of Sikhi Camps where bhangra does not take place. Does that make them dull and boring ? Do the youths who attend these camps suffocate ? I think not ! I am sure people attending these "dull boring" camps have also been inspired and drawn to the path of Sikhi.

The whole point of a Sikhi camp is for all those to learn whilst being in a relaxed atmosphere. A relaxed atmosphere need not equate to a bhangra camp.

A few years ago I had the pleasure of meeting a few Nihang camping near our pind. They had young kids with them who never did bhangra and guess what they could have a laugh without doing boliyan and bhangra.

Nice going you Din-i-Ilahi, Bahaism fussar panthis. If it's up to you will turn Sikhi Camps into Church of England style "Nine O'clock Services" with pyrotechnics, cage dancers, top of the range club sound and light systems.

do you people not have anything better to do then bicker back and forth? oh LORD have mercy.. its no wonder so many people stop postin on the forumz... its because of crap like this..

unless you've BEEN to at the actualy camp you have NO PLACE to say anything at all... i've never been to either of the camps so i'm not gonna comment on one 30 second clip i saw... all camps have their positives and negatives... if you don't wanna go.. then do freakin go... unless u been to the camp u can't say NOTHING... there's certain thingz that could be done better or even fixed at ALL the camps.... there are very clear examples of all camps havin their faults...

this seems to be the "Battle of UK" here... where u got Khalsa Camp on One Side, and Sikh Student Camp on the other...

for those of you who have questions, why don't you e-mail Gurumustuk Singh Khalsa and ask him about the camps.. he went to both last year, and said he had an amazing experience with both..

those of you who have 'hidden agendas'... please do not post on the forumz.. that is not the KHALSA way... and kurtas... please relax with your pictures... you wanna say 'down with sikh students camp, they have bhangra there... Sikhs don't listen to bhangra'... why don't u take a look at urself... do you think Sikhs should post those nonsense pictures?... and i'm sure u got a lauff outta it..

namstang... i understand ur tryin to defend the camp... but ur tone of voice and ur words are why people don't listen to what u gotta say.. u wanna talk, thats fine... do it with love.. be an adult about it... name calling and the like is NOT the way to go about it... choose ur words carefully... like sum1 said a while back, ur arguments are usually good... but people don't listen to you because of the way you say it, and the tone that you put it in...

bottom line.. do NOT judge unless you've experienced it for yourself.. there is no secret that there's bad blood between both camps.. and thats partly due to the organizers... it seems like the 'jattha beef' has spread into our youth camps...what a SHAME...

if Sree Guru Nanak Dev Jee was here in physical form rite now.. he'd kick ALL our buttz...

get a freakin life peepz!!!