Jakara Registration Now Open

simba have you learnt nothing today "read my posts"

i have said i think 1 of the things they are saying is good

the reason you dont know about the mini skirts is because you didnt see theyre previous trailer which i can see has been edited considerably to favour Jakara - i request you find it on the net (i #as soon as i find it i will send the link here) and then reply to this thread all your question and my view will become clear - you dont know all the facs i suggest you PM other sikhs on this forum who replied on the old Jakara thread as they would have seen the same trailer as me.

i am not slandering the good points i recognise that as an achievent but everything else is bad - do some research insread of guessing this thread is full of pointless wynin - i no your pris#de has ben hert ( Simba Pride - get it) and again i will apolagise for it - i hope you reply when you no of the truth

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im with Alias Prince, on this.

Look at the trailer for this jakara movement and you will understand the kinda people behind it. You have so called "sikh" women complaing how guys are allowed into bars/clubs yet girls arent???? I mean <admin-profanity filter activated> does that have to do with sikhi? Then they talk abt female infantocide, good topic to discuss and address, but again I would say what does it have to do with Sikhi. As 40% of punjab is hindu these jakara people fail to realise this not a religious issue but cultural.

If these people wanted to make a difference why not go into punjab and hold the movement there, why do it in the west where theirs no cases of female infantocide. These jakara people are seriously retarded and judging from the lack of response "jakara" we can see he/she how their aims and objectives are flawed and will only create resentment and disharmony in the community.

Sikh supreme, You state that it's a cultural issue and not a religious one, why then did the Guru have to bann it?

It is a practise that is to 90% attributed to SIKHS.

As for the problem arising only in Punjab -that is a LIE and trying to push the problem under the mat. Jakara has highighted several articles in Punjabi newspapers in the one and only AMRIKA. The problem does NOT only arise in Punjab. The movement only has access to a certain amount of resources, they begin in their HOME COUNTRY. If they have enough resources, I'm sure they wound't mind educating stupid Sikhs in Punjab.

If you watched the trailer (I must have missed th epart about bars and clubbs) they are speaking generally about Sikh men being allowed to do much more than Sikh women, jsut ebcause they're women.

You're talking about muslaman-.ism. Just look at our community. Ourcommunity probably treat females more lik $h"#¤%&/( than any Muslim in a Sharia-run-country! (hyperbole)

the reason you dont know about the mini skirts is because you didnt see theyre previous trailer which i can see has been edited considerably to favour Jakara - i request you find it on the net (i #as soon as i find it i will send the link here) and then reply to this thread all your question and my view will become clear - you dont know all the facs i suggest you PM other sikhs on this forum who replied on the old Jakara thread as they would have seen the same trailer as me.

Regarding the miniskirts. Why are you so bitter that they removed it.

It seems liike you don't want Jakara to developp but want it to close for ever. They made a mistake. They amended it. What more do you want?

You yourself are saying you want it to develop and become more Gurmat oriented, and what it IS developing, and when they ARE removing offensive material you're accusing them for doing it so people favour them.

You seem to only have ill intentions about the organisation.

I'm an unbias person because the only reason I'm making an issue out of this is because it's stupid for people to slander the effort they have made. They have many flaws, just like anyone else, just like me, just like you.

Lets work together on making it more Gurmat oriented instead of slandering them, discouraging them from doing the good things they're doing.

Let's approuch them with a positive attitude rather than jump at their heads for making mistakes. We're humans. We all make mistakes. It's OK. Guru Ji won't be angry if you innocently make mistakes. I promise. THey made mistakes, and amended themselves.

Be happy. Don't act like you're some hard-core Gursikh, who's very concerned about the message of Guru Ji, because unless you acknowledge that everyone makes mistakes and there place for development in everyone.. there's no point.

Lion(LK)King,

Tell me where in Sikh scriptures does it says female infantocide is ok....

Tell me where in Sikh scriptures does it dometic violence is ok....

Tell me where in Sikh scriptures does it to treat women less equal to men....

Answer is no where!

Why dont we see these issues with Sikh from other ethnicities and backgrounds? Like the White / Black Sikhs in new mexico how comes they do not have these problems? I tell you why because they are not brought up with punjabi culture!!!

Therefore we can conclude it is NOT the religion at fault... it is NOT a religious issue. It is the punjabi culture that fosters these ideas of castism, domestic violence, drinking, boys are better than gals. Go look at punjabi hindu's they also have the same problems. And see how many punjabi womenfolk in Punjab rather have boys over girls. We need to explore what the factors are in that region that makes them go in contrast to the teachings of the faith.

So get your facts right.

:lol: I just saw the video on youtoube. So much for sikhi eh? the backround music is rap. These guys seem like a joke.It would be better to go to a proper Sikh Camp. Some of the things said by the young women are unfair as a generalisation of all Sikh men. The issues they talk about are being raised elsewhwere, are they living on another planet? I am from the UK, so I dont know anything about the movement, other than what has been posted. If there is an opportunity to talk to the people in charge then I think it is a good idea.

Why dont we see these issues with Sikh from other ethnicities and backgrounds? Like the White / Black Sikhs in new mexico how comes they do not have these problems? I tell you why because they are not brought up with punjabi culture!!!

Therefore we can conclude it is NOT the religion at fault... it is NOT a religious issue. It is the punjabi culture that fosters these ideas of castism, domestic violence, drinking, boys are better than gals. Go look at punjabi hindu's they also have the same problems. And see how many punjabi womenfolk in Punjab rather have boys over girls. We need to explore what the factors are in that region that makes them go in contrast to the teachings of the faith.

So get your facts right.

Well that is somewhat of a sterotype of so-called "western" sikhs or "white" sikhs as some have come to call them. To tell you the truth, there are already problems within thses groups, they may not realize it though.

Culture/language/communication is outside the realm of sikhi, yet these things compliment sikhi - it's always nice to see people dressed in different cloths, talking in another language or communicating ina different way. Verity is the spice of life!

With that said, many sikhi "converts" have entered sikhi only to give up their culture and adopt not jsut sikhi, but punjabi culture. This is rather unfortunet, as this does not promote diversity/equlity and also looks somewhat "fake" i won't mention the group that i'm refereing too...

and there is certain things in every culture that is not good for sikhi - in western culture, it's popular to drink, have sex freely, talk bad, be "cool". So "western" sikhs are not higher nor in any better position than "punjabi sikhs"

bindy bain lets not make it all about you - yes your a convert we no that dont bring it up in every topic to get sympathy im bored of it - any wayz sikhi has nothing to do with culture and it should stay that way when we mix the two together you get what so called "modern sikhs" - may that be panjabi or western or what ever culture. stick to the topic