Scared To Talk In Public!

Guest shy

Ive read a post about this before but the answers didn't seem to help out a lot. I'm so terrified to do school presentations and talk in front of big crowds, I get so nervous like there's a frog in my throat and it looks really stupid because Sikhs are NOT supposed to be that way :e:

Can someone help me pleeeease no.gifno.gifno.gif

What do you mean sikhs are not supposed to be like that?

We donot have something special in our genes that others donot have.

Special things are the values that our religon gives us. Biggest example of that is Battle of Saragiri, where 22 Sikhs fought against 10000 Pathns and yet they did not give up their fort.

As regards to your problem, lot of us face same problem.

To overcome a problem one needs two things i.e. Knowledge of the problem and a strategy .

WJKK WJKF

panji/veerji.....i know EXACTLY wat u mean.....cuz ima in dat same position.....it is very hard to go and speak in front uv an entire crowd...i even find it hard to do keertan in front uv a huge sangat sumtimes...well wen it comes to skewl presentations....if ur nervous it usually indicates dat u havent practised much......so u should be fully ready and know exxactly wat u gonna say.....another thing is u need self-confidence....and u have to be brave....its really hard i know....but jus pretend like da only one in front uv you is guru ji.....pretend like ur only tokin to HIM....it could help.....i get scared cuz i feel people are gonna judge me on wat i sayin how i sayin it,etc....btu youknow wat.....i dun giva shyt no more....i mean.......they're jus a bunch uv people like you and me......be barve and do ardas to guru ji to bless you wid himmat......HE'll help.....and jus have courage and tell urself u can do it......it'll work out...i know how u feel though....ima still there buddy.....but dun worry! :e:

bhul chuk muaf....

WJKK WJKF

Ive read a post about this before but the answers didn't seem to help out a lot. I'm so terrified to do school presentations and talk in front of big crowds, I get so nervous like there's a frog in my throat and it looks really stupid because Sikhs are NOT supposed to be that way :e:

Just be calm and breath in slowly- this happens to me when i dont know what im doing .i.e. not paying attention and suddenly the teacher would call out my name and then im normally dumbstruck. LOL.gif

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

You know bhainjee/veerjee, i think there's always a stage when everyone goes through this exact same problem.

Its the fact that we're scared to mess up, or seem 'stupid'.

What i do when this feeling happens to me, is that i look at the crowd/people im talking to, and imagine one being sitting there, guru sahib. Guru sahib is in everyone, therefore when your looking at everyone, your loooking at guru sahib, so speak softly, confidently, and do simran in your head :lol: . Also before, do ardaas to gurujee, and if there are a few people about to go before you, just keep on doing simran in your head, etc.

Dont worry veerjee/bhainjee :@ You can do it.. :wub: just smile, and and convey your message to the audience.

All the best.

P.s, i have a presentation to do for a class in about 30 mins.. quincidental eh? :@

Take care

Bul chaak maaph karnee jee.

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

wjkk wjkf

use the old imagine ur class as if there looking very stupid or ugly trick. then they dont seem so intimidating. dont look into peoples eyes, look at their shoulders which gives the ilusion ur lookin into there eyes and yiou wont hav to actually look into there eys. alos, do ardass before doing a big presentation. Guru Sahib always helps, trust him. bhul chuk maaf,

wjkk wjkf

Guest Guest

all this advice is great, thank you all! To the first person that replied, confidence IS supposed to be in the "genes" of a Sikh, maybe not 'physical' genes but every Sikh should try to live upto certain qualities that run in our veins, because of the Amrit flowing in us.

Bahaduri, fearlessness, bravery, self-confidence, etc. are all traits of the KHALSA, which we should all try to have.

Any other advice?