Different Expressions

Bundha

The Nihang Singhs also have code words for different things.

Like potatoes are called anday (eggs) and batau (aubergines) are called battaray (some sort of animal like a gopher, I think), a donkey is called a thanay Dhaar (some police official), going to the toilet is ‘madhaan marran chulla’, and everyone is a kuchaa-pilla.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ITS LOON !!!! Noon just sounds WRONG !! :lol: @

This friend of mine speaks the wierdest punjabi... not one word makes sense. "Puraa" is a blanket supposedly, we call it Kambal. Then she calls calls adrak- aadkar, baksua is baskua grin.gif

ok..

NOOOOON is a tmie of day..

LOOOOOOOOON is a condiment used to add flavour to meals..

loon is also short form for "loonie" or "lunatic", and... all you guys that pronounce in "noon" are loons!!

When I was a laddi my mum used to put some sabzi on a roti and roll the roti up into a long roll, we used to call this a ‘kugoo’.

:lol: we say tha...or 'kugi' or...'rolly polly' blush.gif

We used to call guests – paraunay but I have heard others call them magaynee (African in origin I think)

we say paraunay 2..

We used to call onions – gunday but I have heard others call the piazz (used in Indian restaurants)

gunday/ gutha tomatoe/tomato lol

We used to call the sly (steel rod) that you use to tidy your hair into your pag – Khalsa Meter.

hehe

We used to call tinday – false aloo, because they looked like aloo in the sabzi but when you bit into them they were something else.

ohmy.gif we caal turnips, saagmaal fake aloo wannabes lol...cuz i hate em ewww n mom still trys 2 use the old trik "its alloooo..."

We used to call karalay – rats.

crocodile tails :wub: lol

I have a relative who calls Rajaai (Duvet) Jaraai.

ohmy.gifblush.gif i used 2 say tha...up until 2yrs ago haha cuz i realised i was sayin it alll wrong!!!

Does anyone else not like Maki di Roti? (that yellow one) It's revolting. But man do i love da saag

MEEEEeeeeeEEeeeee!!! errrrr cant stand it....its sooo thick n dry n blllaaarrrrggghhhh lol....but i do luv th saagh 2...saagh wiv white/standard roti :@

When I was a laddi my mum used to put some sabzi on a roti and roll the roti up into a long roll, we used to call this a ‘kugoo’.

I still do this with the horribe sabjias and im 18 plus i just call it a 'roll' :lol:

you're hungry after reading about salt?

weirdo rolleyes.gif

noon tastes good blush.gif

loon is also short form for "loonie" or "lunatic", and... all you guys that pronounce in "noon" are loons!!

L.gif (jus replace 'loser' wit 'loonie') the noon pronouncin ppl can't be referred to as loons!! thas you guyz :lol: nice try tho rolleyes.gif

Let me tell the shardaaloos a fact, it is loon and not noon.

Noon = wrong = 0/1 = 0% = F

Loon = right = 1/1 = 100% = A+

Which one do you want??

100% or 0%.

LOL.gifhearye.gif ...its LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

:lol: where did Noon cum from.......it jus sounds wierd...noon...

grin.gif

noon...loon...noon...loon...noon......loon..noon......