Bad Sangat?

SikhSoul

I have a major problem at a sangat i have been going too. People have been talking about me behind my back and people actualy phoned each other to tell them to let their children know not to talk to me. One aunti ji actualy told me that i am Bad sangat and than i should basicaly iscolate myself from everyone there. I am just getting on this path but every time i get close I just get driven away by what these sangat people do. AND on top of it all a baba ji comes here for around 2 months a year and he didnt do anything about it when i told him. whenever i tell anyone they ignore me and say that the adults are right. I feel so ignored and i feel as if the Sikhi path just isnt for me.

Guest _R. Kaur_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I hate that people can sometimes be like that and instead of helping someone, wind up hurting them. On one hand, listen to what they are saying. In all their gossip, there may be some truth. Please don' think that I'm saying you are a bad person or that you by anyway deserve this treatment. But look at what they are saying and see if you can fix any bad habits if you think they deter your spirituality or your growth as a person.

Your situation, though different, reminds me of a story about Baba Isher Singh Ji. When he was driving along one day, the sewadars with him stopped the car and said Baba Ji there is someone out there passing out leaflets filled with untrue garbage against you. Baba Ji told them to let him out of the car, and started passing out the leaflets with the man. The sewadars looked at him astonished, but Sant Ji said that he was indebted to people like this, who are washing "his clothes" (his soul) by making him more humble. So see if you can be thankful. Ignore the nindaks. The world is full of them. Find True Love in your Guru- that is the only place you will find it, the rest of us are just really good actors. Surround yourself with His sadhsangat.

There will always be people who call themselves "sikhs" but do horrible things that may disgust us. If we continue to rely on them as our support and our role models, we will forever be disappointed and not grow at all. Look at your Gurus as the guiding light, and Gursikhs as your role models. Guru Ji's long arms will always be extended towards you, so find solace in those arms.

Good luck.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Brother..

its VERY saddening.. no actually its depressing at seeing the awful STATE of punjabi elders who got nothing better to do.

The way I think of it is: They are jealous end of day. THey wasted their lives runing after the opposite sex in their youth years and now they want you to be as bad to keep their ego high.

No matter how hard you try; They Wont stop. They dont want you to influence their punjabi-fied kids into Sikhi. They want to cary on their dirty generation of caste-system and dowry-giving and ritualisitic life to prove to themselves that they were right.

I am sure Jamdoots are happily waititng for them :lol: lol

Was I being too harsh? I think NOT; Talking behind your back and turning u off Sikhi is much worse.

Bhul Chuk Maaf ji

Hope I helped

I have a major problem at a sangat i have been going too. People have been talking about me behind my back and people actualy phoned each other to tell them to let their children know not to talk to me. One aunti ji actualy told me that i am Bad sangat and than i should basicaly iscolate myself from everyone there. I am just getting on this path but every time i get close I just get driven away by what these sangat people do. AND on top of it all a baba ji comes here for around 2 months a year and he didnt do anything about it when i told him. whenever i tell anyone they ignore me and say that the adults are right. I feel so ignored and i feel as if the Sikhi path just isnt for me.

What is it that you do that troubles these God 'fearing' people so much? Nobody owns the Guru, no matter what you've done, if you repent then Waheguru ji will forgive.

Don't be put off - Try attending another Gurdwara if you have to, but DO NOT let anyone drive you off the path of Sikhi.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru je ke Fateh!