Hidden Agenda Of Kar Sewa Wale

Before our eyes the so called kar sewa wale are slowly destroying what little we have left of our heritage. It would not surprise me if they were part of a bigger conspiracy to help destroy the Sikh quam by attacking our heritage.

We have to meet this challenge head on and help prevent this destruction. Please do not give any money to these Kar Sewa wale unless they can show that they will change their destruction approach to one of conservation.

It is not just the physical killing of our youth that we have to watch for. When you want to reinvent history and totally destroy a Quam, it is usually a multi pronged attack with a major emphasis made on destruction of heritage. The kar sewa wale appear to be doing a mighty fine job at heritage destruction. They have yet to do any sewa where heritage has been preserved. indira ordered the destruction of the Akal Takht building as it was the symbol of Sikh azaadi, these kar sewa wale have destroyed just about anything of historical/ heritage value. They are like termites let loose on Sikh history, they are slowly eating up our heritage. The SGPC take back handers to aware contracts to these secret agents to destroy our heritage.

I wonder what will happen to this palanquin. Will it end up in the store room with the Harimandir Sahib gold plates with dodgy stickers fixed to it.

Baba Jagtar Singh installs palanquin at Darbar Sahib

Our Correspondent

Tarn Taran, May 25

Three-century-old gold palanquin was replaced by a new one at the Darbar Sahib here today . The new palanquin was installed by Baba Jagtar Singh of the Kar Sewa Wale sect with the consent of Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC).

Baba Mohinder Singh ,a follower of Baba Jagtar Singh , said the old palanquin, believed to have been installed here during the reign of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, was repaired a number of times and it needed to be replaced .

Baba Mohinder Singh said that a sum of Rs. 1.25 crore has been spent on the new palanquin .He told that the sum was donated by the followers of Guru Nanak Dev in the country and abroad .

He said that 10kg gold has been used for the palanquin besides Sag wan wood and copper alloy. It took six months to construct the palanquin .

ooh not this again...

Search for the topic concerning Soho Road Gurdwara's seva..

U'll see what he means.

Is this regarding the plaque at the Darbar Sahib?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

... restoration of the Gold plated palanquin ... how is that a destruction of our heritage?

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

It is clearly stated in the story that : "Three-century-old gold palanquin was replaced by a new one at the Darbar Sahib here today". NO RESTORATION has been done, the old palanquin has been replaced by a NEW ONE.

ooh not this again...

Search for the topic concerning Soho Road Gurdwara's seva..

U'll see what he means.

Is this regarding the plaque at the Darbar Sahib?

I think Gupt Paapi Ji is referring to the Soho Road bodge up which the Soho Road wale know about but like to pretend that they did no damage. They have been asked on more than one occassion to get a complete survey done for the "sewa" they did. But Mohinder Singh Ji would rather go travelling to Isreal, Popes funeral etc etc than accept responsibility for one of the biggest blunders ever done under the guise of sewa.

so true the Kar Sewa crew have just buried our heritage under cheap Rajastani marble. On my visit to Punjab i went to Sirhand, where Shotay Sahibzaday were martyred, the whole place was under construction, i asked some Baba where the walls are in which the Sahibzaday were martyered and he replied " we knoked it down and put a palki on it and Maharaj's parkash is done there now" i was quite upset by this.

It doesn't say anything about the old palki being destroyed...it was just replaced. As in, old palki not being fit for use any longer and new palki now being used!

And if this is seen as an attack on our heritage, then I guess maharaja ranjit singh also attacked our heritage by replacing whatever palki was being used before he did bheta of his.

The only thing we can do currently is keep out money in our pockets and encourage others to question anyone who collects in the name of kar sewa.

I wonder where all the anti Unesco lot are now. The likes of Dr Rai (special advisor to Vedanti) made a lot of fuss last year about heritage status but has since not bothered with the ongoing destruction of our heritage.

If the GOI had been involved there would have been street protests and burning of Manmohan Singh effigies in London to demonstrate against this detruction but as it is BABA doing this we must remain silent on this issue.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

No idea what all the fuss is about... something broke, you fix it. Jeez...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Typical pendoo mentality. That is similar to the mentality that Fateh Su (the so called Sant Baba who was forever going on fasts to death which always ended after he got hungry) displayed when he got several historical saroop of Guru Ji cremated. These historical saropp of Guru Ji could easily have been restored and preserved.

To get into the pendu mentality, if you car breaks down you get it repaired. You replace it only as a last resort when nothing else can be done to save it. Even then if it is a rare car (say an old Bugatti or Rolls) then you spend as much as is needed to restore the car. You do not replace it with a Ford Focus and scrap the Bugatti.

The historical palki has not been repaired it has been replaced ! The old one no doubt (if past records are anything to go by) has been stripped and destroyed or languishing in a dusty storeroom.

Darn... we must stop them soon... now they are helping to protect the environment around Harmandir Sahib too!!!!

Sri Darbar Saheb parkarma turns green

By SSNews, tribune

May 28, 2006, 17:10 Email this article

In an attempt to beautify the interior and surroundings of the holiest Sikh shrine, the SGPC with the help of Baba Jagtar Singh of kar sewa wale, today launched a drive to turn the parkarma of Golden Temple green that would be instrumental in saving the shrine from vehicle corrosion.

Most of the plants, which were planted today, have been mentioned in Gurbani. The joint initiative of Mr Roop Singh, manager Darbar Sahib, Baba Amrik Singh and Mr Jaswinder Singh, advocate, a member of SGPC, more than 3000 plants of 51 varieties were planted. The drive to green the parikarma was inaugurated by Bhai Gurbachan Singh, Head Granthi, Golden Temple, and Baba Jagtar Singh. Earlier, a prayer was performed to launch the drive.

Mr Roop Singh said that he and Baba Jagtar Singh had visited a number of nurseries of the country to select the plants. Herbal plants were also being planted, he said.

Earlier, Dr Enamul Haque of Bangladesh, who was instrumental in recommending reports on various heritage sites, including Hampi in Karnataka, had also provided useful inputs for the beautification of the Golden Temple.

During his visit to the holy city last year he had felt the need to replicate the guidelines presently in operation around the Taj Mahal in Agra. Professor Haque had also pointed out that the government must ban the use of vehicles around the Golden Temple complex. He had also suggested that only battery-operated, eco-friendly vehicles be allowed in the area. This would save the Golden Temple from pollutants emitted by vehicles. These pollutants could cause damage to the marble and the gold plating of the shrine. He had pointed out that the Galliara Project should have lot of green spaces to help beautify and save the shrine from the corrosion due to large-scale movement of vehicles.

Just another money making scam by the likes of Jagtar Singh. Where does his concern for vehicle corrosion go when him and his lackies drive those highly polluting trucks they overload with their favourite kar sewa materials like cement and cheap white rajasthani marble. A few months ago a road was shut and Jagtar Singh was told to take another route to the Harimandir Sahib. He got his kachara in a twist and staged a protest in the middle of the Road.

Also whats the big issue with corrosion the Soho Road wale can always go back and do another quick fix gold plating job. The rest of the buildings have already been destroyed by marble cladding so a few plants are not going to make much of a difference.

I remember the big sarovar filteration plant sewa job. It was the biggest bodge up ever. The Tutt brothers from California provided all the money with sharda and avoided publicity but the pucca (hungry) kar sewa wale bodged it all up. I visited just when they started to fill the sarovar up and pipes were leaking at joints (simple coupling fittings were no where to be seen). They stopped the local sangat doing any sewa and gave NRI special passes so they could patrol the sarovar and stop people going into the yet to be filled parts.

Jagtar Singh was also hand in glove with Sarna and helped him create the palki for Nanakana Sahib. This was later rejected by the Khalsa Panth and Sarna and co had to think again about installing it at Nanakana Sahib. There was nothing wrong with the old palki at Nanakana Sahib (I saw it at close range in 2004) but for political mileage Sarna was busy giving Jagtar a contract to build a fancy gold palki.

Look at all the serai they make by collecting money in the west. They are the most unhygenic places you could ever visit. Compare this to the NRI Serai at Hazur Sahib which is managed properly and kept clean. It is only a NRI serai in name and anyone from India can stay there.