What Would You Do?

The situation posted and the joke posted are two different types of situations. If you are a Sikh and God knows that Sikhs don't eat meat, since he made us, then he would provide you with veg nourishment. He also knows that if he sends a pig the Singh or Singhnee will not eat it. The rule is never never to break one's maryada at any cost. It is easy to say, hard to do.

but how can you break rehat when you don't eat halal meat??? :e:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is posted wasn't meant to be a trick question or to have an answer. It simply came to me when I just thinking about things. Sometimes I think too much and it ends up being very wierd.

The point of the joke is that the man put his faith in God, who sent him help. The man expected something else, something more.

What my thought was was that if you were hungry and God sent an animal instead, would you eat it? Maybe God wasn't gonna transport a veggie feast or anything but pretty much expected you to eat the animal. What then?

Maybe it is better to stick to the Rehat than even entertain the thought of taking another's life.

Wait for the pig to die natural death.. ?

We have to try our best to survive and save this manukhey jeevan.. cauz you only get one shot after chrasey lakh joon. so maybe that time we will awaken our spirits to remember the god.

As someone said, use your common sense, study your teeth, if you look at it carefully- you will find two carnivorous teeths, rest of them herbivorous teeths.

God already gave you with 2 carnivorous teeths in case of harsh circumstances.

Even in most amrit sanchars, panj pyares clearly tells you this. Ie- taksal. It says even though eating meat is wrong but when it comes to survival and if you feel that your existence will make this world better then go for it, eat whatever you get your hands on, jhatka it/recite a patt and eat it for survival.

Only people will have problem with this, extremelly veggeterian fanatics in our panth who act like JAINS.

[EDITED: Please don't be harsh on others.]

In Sri Guru Granth Sahib it says the creator provides and cares for its creation.

thus, something will happen that will save the human especially if lots of ardas has been done. The individual will walk or find transporation further than those "hundred miles" with no food until he gets food.

In gurbani it is also stated, he who has waheguru in his mind, what should he worry about?

sorry i dont have exact tuks but Sri Guru Granth Sahib says this.

Personally I would only resort to meat if my existance can benefit the Panth. Any other reason will not be valid enough to break rehit. Also, all vegetation must have been consumed first....

If I am in the desert and my existance will mean I can get back to my yard and chill then I rather not eat the meat... If it means that I can get back to a dharm yudh or something then yea I will consume...

Just my opinion..

ps If vaheguru sent down the pig... it may be as a test... to see if u stay in ur rehit!

yeah a test, but its stupid that ppl think akal purkh will help us or try to break our rehit?

some ppl think , oh dont be smart! waheguru sent the pig so you can eat it and be saved, like c'mon

and trust me, if you care about your rehit, religion, etc you will walk for days without food till you pass out or find something.

One will not walk for awhile get tired and say ok ill eat the food.

a true person will walk and try to find something, then unknowingly he/she will go unconcious and be found/saved later somehow or die i guess.

One will not walk for awhile get tired and say ok ill eat the food

in this line i meant food = pig not real food..

the edit button isnt working :@

I gota disagree with you there KFI...

First of all if we do ardaas properly, Vaheguru will help us... Vaheguru will provide us with whateva we require.... aslong as we have the kamai, sharda, pure thought or immence grace....

Also, from Giani Takhur Singhs Katha.... a human always 'parakhs' the guru.... (parakh = tests). (Only the true Gurmukh has complete faith in guru ji with no iota of doubt.... as did Bhai Lehna Ji before he became guru)... So the guru parakhs the gursikh as well (as Guru Nanak Dev Ji did with Bhai Lehna).... what is all this around us...maya... it is all here to stop us from the ultimate truth... who put this maya here.... Akaal Purakh.... so technically one could argue that Vaheguru does test us and gives us the option to stick to the path or be tempted into breaking rehit....

However, I think when people argue though (as I have a bit above) that Vaheguru will provide.. he's the creator and sustainer... we forget that this human body WILL have to die.... when it is time it will be time... Its all in the will of God!