What Would You Do?

well..... i would prefer to die before giving up my sikhi to eatin meat...

Singhs in guru jis time died but did not give up there faith for sikhi and so can i... Singhs neva ate meat wen all was lost... these are just some stupid stories made up to misguide people....

Imagine if the animal was a tiger in place of a pig....lukin for food and he eats you??? You would love to die...huh??? if the tiger gives u the option to get jhatkafied ie dieng in one stroke... would u prefer dieing then????

Some thing to think about huh??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

yo i agree wid da above post.....i wouldnt give up my rehit and eat meat......i mean.....why take da life uv someone else so dat we can live?....and if we do die....guru ji will welcome us wid open arms cuz we let da other being live and we died in search uv food while reciting naam.....rite?.....besides.....i havent eaten meat for like 3 years now so i find it disgusting anywayz......no offence.....waheguru!jus my opinion..bhul chuk muaf jee

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Okay, a while back I heard how some Sikhs said they would eat meat if there was nothing else and others said they wouldn't even if it meant them dying.

This plus a joke (see below) got me thinking.

Imagine you are in the desert. Nothing around for hundreds of miles. You have very little water left. No food. For days, you do an Ardaas to the Lord and pray for some food. Day after day, you pray to the Lord for some food.

One day, you're sitting there and a pig* comes out of nowhere and just stands around in front of you.

DO YOU EAT IT?

*doesn't have to be a pig, but must be an animal you can't drink milk from

** bear in mind there's nothing but sand around for miles. No grass, trees, vegetation or other humans.

Below's the joke that made me think of the above:

------------------------------------------the joke--------------------------------------------------------

A farmer is in Iowa during a flood. The river is overflowing, with water surrounding the farmer's home up to his front porch. As he is standing there, a boat comes up, The man in the boat says "Jump in, I'll take you to safety."

The farmer crosses his arms and says stubbornly, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The boat goes away. The water rises to the second floor. Another boat comes up, the man says to the farmer who is now in the second story window, "Jump in, I'll save you."

The farmer again says, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The boat goes away. Now the water is up to the roof. As The farmer stands on the roof, a helicopter comes over, and drops a ladder. The pilot yells down to the farmer "I'll save you, climb the ladder."

The farmer says "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The helicopter goes away. The water comtinues to rise and sweeps the farmer off the roof. He drowns.

The farmer goes to heaven. God sees him and says "What are you doing here?"

The farmer says "I put my trust in you and you let me down."

God says, "What do you mean, let you down? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!!! What more did you want!?!!"

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji kee fateh.

to answer it short and simple.......>> a sikh beleives every living thing has a soul. we are against killing animals therefor and must live a vegetarian diet. howerver if there is no vegetation available e.g. in the state of warefare (i.e in a jungle) then it is ok to hunt and eat meat as a warrior may have to if no vegetation is available. i wud say its ok 2 hunt and eat the pig to survive. and the whole thing u said about "any animal that doesnt give milk" ?????????????????? i dont agree with that.

A sikh does not differentiate between cow and chicken. both are equal, both are souls. if there was no vegetation available and a chicken and a cow was infront of me, i wudnt favour the cow over the chicken. both are equal souls. i wudnt mind eating the cow. Hindus say dont eat beef cuz they pray to cows.......

sikhs dont see cows as anything holy, they are same as a chicken or pig. so what if a cow gives milk?? most animals give milk to their young!!

BUTTT we must stay vegetarian as long as there is vegetation available cuz the guru banned eating meat.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji kee fateh.

"dont regard the cow as anythign holy or important....its the same as a chicken. eating meat is banned in sikhism"

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

grin.gif follow the pig, it must know where food and water is otherwise the pig would have died long ago.

I didnt know what to say and I read the above qoute which is true. hehehehehe

but if it just stood there until in died I would go along with it.

If you ate it you would be an animal chewing on it lie a literal lion would in the wild.

I I would be thankful that Waheguru chose that spot and that time for me to die. Id rather be with Waheguru than on this Earth. "The world is sane and I am insane." Kabeer Ji

I bow to the Shabad Guru d_oh.gif

Reading the comment I can say we go all over the place with out imaginations hehehehehehe

Jainist hehehehe Hindu hehehehehehe We have really huge imaginations LOL.gif

Why are meat debates popping up again???

Do we not have faith in the Guru???

Do we not understand Mass Mass Kur Moorakh Jhugray???

Show me where eating of meat is banned. It is not banned anywhere. What is banned is eating Halal meat or eating meat killed for religious purposes.

If anyone ever read the rehat maryada it clearly says that. If you think you are above Guru Panth, then you would have to be classified along with Radhas, Karis, bhaeyaras, etc. etc.

As for jatha people, they are Sikhs of their jatha, not of Guru or its Panth. Their opinion is same as a radhaswami coming here and preaching their own mutt.

These fanatics come and start their talk without any backup except this maryada or this mahpursh said it. A Sikh doesn't care about any other maryada except one that is parvaan from Akaal Takht Sahib and a Sikh doesn't care about any mahpursh unless he preaches Akaal takht maryada.

Guru Granth and Panth are more important than personal beliefs.

Maat Pitaa Kee Rukat Nipunnay Mushee Maas Na Khaahee.

If anyone understands this aarth, then their confusion will be clear unless Munmutt or deramutt takes over.

If meat is banned, then go tell Akaal Takht to change the maryada and get it changed. Until then don't give your personal views unless they are according to Gurmat.

Don't try to be smarter than Guru.

Trying to be smarter than Guru, people have already done enough damage to the Panth.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

""Show me where eating of meat is banned. It is not banned anywhere. What is banned is eating Halal meat or eating meat killed for religious purposes.""

Meat is banned from the Gurdwara. GuruJi didnt eat meat he ate simple food as rice,roti,yogurt and daal.

It is Gurmat to not eat meat. If the Gurus didnt then I wont. I try to live as the Gurus did. You cant fully but you can as close as possible. Not eating meat is easy. When you eat meat you end up selfish with your tongue. You can live healthy only from vegatables and you cant stay healthy from only eating meat. So you must mix vegatables with your meat in order to stay healthy. So Meat isnt a must, it is a personal choice. So if you eat meat then why dont you go and complain to the Gurdwara about you eating meat at the Gurdwara. If rehat says you can eat meat then why is it banned from the Gurdwara?

This part of this thread could go on for ever to meat eating justifiers.

I dont eat meat because you cant at the Gurdwara and I treat my home as the Gurdwara.

post-5391-1149648254_thumb.jpg

""Show me where eating of meat is banned. It is not banned anywhere. What is banned is eating Halal meat or eating meat killed for religious purposes.""

Meat is banned from the Gurdwara. GuruJi didnt eat meat he ate simple food as rice,roti,yogurt and daal.

It is Gurmat to not eat meat. If the Gurus didnt then I wont. I try to live as the Gurus did. You cant fully but you can as close as possible. Not eating meat is easy. When you eat meat you end up selfish with your tongue. You can live healthy only from vegatables and you cant stay healthy from only eating meat. So you must mix vegatables with your meat in order to stay healthy. So Meat isnt a must, it is a personal choice. So if you eat meat then why dont you go and complain to the Gurdwara about you eating meat at the Gurdwara. If rehat says you can eat meat then why is it banned from the Gurdwara?

I dont eat meat because you cant at the Gurdwara and I treat my home as the Gurdwara.

I think we're not allowed to eat meat in gurdwaras because everyone is allowed in Guru's Home, and everyone is allowed to eat langar in the Guru's home. So, in langar there has to be something that everybody can eat. Because the whole point of langar is for everyone to sit on the same floor, and for everyone to eat the same food(which symbolises equality of the sangat) . And so we dont cook meat in gurdwaras because everyone can eat vegetables but not everyone can eat meat, maybe because of health problems. Another reason we dont cook meat in langar is because langar is supposed to be simple, and something everyone can afford to do/make, and meat is considered as being expensive. I really dont know , please tell me if I am right or wrong. I dont want to get anyone upset. blush.gifno.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

My brother, Pritam Singh Ji.

Meat was eaten during the times of Guru Sahibs. It is in history that Guru Nanak Ji cooked deer at Kurukshayter celebrations at which Guru Ji showed up to remove the superstition of brahmans about eating meat. Shabads present on Ung 1288 to 1290 are about meat. Guru Ji cooked deer there. When Guru Gobind Singh Ji went to Madho Dass dera, Guru Ji also ordered Sikhs to jhatka bukkras (lambs) and prepare food. There is also a sakhi of meat being served in Guru Ka Langar. There is also another occasion of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji making giving money to those Brahmans who ate meat prepeared by Guru Ji.

As for why it is not served in langar. This is Panth's decision based on rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh.

This rehatnama states that meat shouldn't be served in langar as brahmans and other vegetarians also come to Gurudwara. So that everyone takes part in langar, it is not cooked. It is true that many vegetarians won't eat where meat is cooked. My sister doesn't even touch it or go near it. LOL.gif

If you want to eat or not. It is personal choice. It is allowed and Guru Sahib ate it. This is what history says.

Here are some references to eating of meat in history.

cr brn auhW smsry[ mwtI brqn Bojn kry[

iviD inKyiD jwky mn hoeI[ AYso qhW n jwvY koeI[

Ajw mws BXo isiD rsoeI[ AvrY dwl Bwq BI hoeI[

gWv qy is`K koaU qih AwieAw[ AwigAw BeI mClI ql ilAwieAw[

siqgur qhW kIn prswd[ dXwl hoie khXo Blo suAwd[ - mihmw pRkwS

hvwlw gurmq mwrqMf – BweI kwhn isMG nwBw pMnw 763

phiq Bwq rrqXo pRQm pun AwimK Awvw[

iek ids pMkiq mih dXo qb ien drswvw[ - sUrj pRkwS (BweI sMqoK isMG, pMnw 1375)

so bYsno hY Apr Apwru[ khu nwnk ijin qjy ibkwr[

slok mÚ 1 ] pihlW mwshu inMimAw mwsY AMdir vwsu ] jIau pwie mwsu muih imilAw hfu cMmu qnu mwsu ] mwshu bwhir kiFAw mMmw mwsu igrwsu ] muhu mwsY kw jIB mwsY kI mwsY AMdir swsu ] vfw hoAw vIAwihAw Gir lY AwieAw mwsu ] mwshu hI mwsu aUpjY mwshu sBo swku ] siqguir imilAY hukmu buJIAY qW ko AwvY rwis ] Awip Cuty nh CUtIAY nwnk bcin ibxwsu ]1] (pMnw 1289)

mÚ 1 ] mwsu mwsu kir mUrKu JgVy igAwnu iDAwnu nhI jwxY ] kauxu mwsu kauxu swgu khwvY iksu mih pwp smwxy ] gYNfw mwir hom jg kIey dyviqAw kI bwxy ] mwsu Coif bYis nku pkVih rwqI mwxs Kwxy ] PVu kir lokW no idKlwvih igAwnu iDAwnu nhI sUJY ] nwnk AMDy isau ikAw khIAY khY n kihAw bUJY ] AMDw soie ij AMDu kmwvY iqsu irdY is locn nwhI ] mwq ipqw kI rkqu inpMny mCI mwsu n KWhI ] iesqRI purKY jW inis mylw EQY mMDu kmwhI ] mwshu inMmy mwshu jMmy hm mwsY ky BWfy ] igAwnu iDAwnu kCu sUJY nwhI cquru khwvY pWfy ] bwhr kw mwsu mMdw suAwmI Gr kw mwsu cMgyrw ] jIA jMq siB mwshu hoey jIie lieAw vwsyrw ] ABKu BKih BKu qij Cofih AMDu gurU ijn kyrw ] mwshu inMmy mwshu jMmy hm mwsY ky BWfy ] igAwnu iDAwnu kCu sUJY nwhI cquru khwvY pWfy ] mwsu purwxI mwsu kqybéØI chu juig mwsu kmwxw ] jij kwij vIAwih suhwvY EQY mwsu smwxw ] iesqRI purK inpjih mwshu pwiqswh sulqwnW ] jy Eie idsih nrik jWdy qW aun@ kw dwnu n lYxw ] dyNdw nrik surig lYdy dyKhu eyhu iD|wxw ] Awip n bUJY lok buJwey pWfy Krw isAwxw ] pWfy qU jwxY hI nwhI ikQhu mwsu aupMnw ] qoieAhu AMnu kmwdu kpwhW qoieAhu iqRBvxu gMnw ] qoAw AwKY hau bhu ibiD hCw qoAY bhuqu ibkwrw ] eyqy rs Coif hovY sMinAwsI nwnku khY ivcwrw ]2] (pMnw 1289-1290)

I don't force anyone to eat it. I you don't want to or don't feel like eating it. Don't.

I think we're not allowed to eat meat in gurdwaras because everyone is allowed in Guru's Home, and everyone is allowed to eat langar in the Guru's home. So, in langar there has to be something that everybody can eat. Because the whole point of langar is for everyone to sit on the same floor, and for everyone to eat the same food(which symbolises equality of the sangat) . And so we dont cook meat in gurdwaras because everyone can eat vegetables but not everyone can eat meat, maybe because of health problems. Another reason we dont cook meat in langar is because langar is supposed to be simple, and something everyone can afford to do/make, and meat is considered as being expensive. I really dont know , please tell me if I am right or wrong. I dont want to get anyone upset. blush.gifno.gif

Yes, Simar. You are right. This is correct. Meat is expensive and it also takes a long time to clean. Also, eating it daily would make you unhealthy. Not only that, drinkers would also come as drinkers love it. There are several other small reasons but the main one is that Guru Ka Langar is for everyone.

Yes, Simar. You are right. This is correct. Meat is expensive and it also takes a long time to clean. Also, eating it daily would make you unhealthy. Not only that, drinkers would also come as drinkers love it. There are several other small reasons but the main one is that Guru Ka Langar is for everyone.