Beadbi Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj

anjaan

liveandlietlive had said:

"The Sikh's Supreme Authority has banned this practice of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji being taken to places where there is alcohol, tobacco or meat served."

In that case why isn't the SGGS taken out of the hundreds if not thousands of houses where there is serving of alcohol/meat at home?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

You ask a good question William. I mean there is no difference. We need to show as much respect as possible to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. We need to make sure people understand the value of our Guru. People need to be educated on who our Guru is. If someone has Guru Maharaj's saroop at home then it is important that they are aware of maryada.

William I appreciate we are all learning, so I must educate you that as Sikhs we refrain from caling our Guru "SGGS", so I humbly request in future please do not use this abreviation.

Do you know of any houses where this practice takes place? Please let us know if you know of any. If you can build up the courage then please try and educate the householders that they are doing wrong and must correct the error of thier ways.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I put SGGS also and it is no disrespect either. We all know what SGGS means this mean you cant say GuruJi. You must type out the full name of the Guru or cant say the Shabad Guru because according to you it is also invalid {which it isnt} You also cant say Sangat or even Sadh Sangat, you must put GuruSadh Sangat. You also cant type panj pyare, you must fully type everytime GuruPanj Pyare. saying book or page is disrespectful if you want to get super tech with it.

Nice try though

I put SGGS also and it is no disrespect either. We all know what SGGS means this mean you cant say GuruJi. You must type out the full name of the Guru or cant say the Shabad Guru because according to you it is also invalid {which it isnt} You also cant say Sangat or even Sadh Sangat, you must put GuruSadh Sangat. You also cant type panj pyare, you must fully type everytime GuruPanj Pyare. saying book or page is disrespectful if you want to get super tech with it.

Nice try though

lol...why u getting YOUR knickers in a twist?

no harm in showing more respect is there u fool

Nice try though

A fool is someone who pretends to be educated like you.

If he is corrected then he must understand all that I put also. Are you a dumb@$$. grin.gif

Their is no harm in showing respect but then you must respect Gurpanj Pyare, GurSadhSagat etc you little kid. wacko.gif

Nice try though

Veer ji I think you got a little carried away, I think it is disrespectful to use "SGGS", maybe I think this because it reminds me of bollywood films being abreviated in this way. Sorry I was only trying to show some respect to our Guru. Would you call Guru Gobind Singh Ji "GGS" if they were stood infront of you?

I never said you cant call them 'Guru Ji'.

Book or page IS DISRESPECTFUL, and that is without getting super tech Veer.

I think you need to stay calm veer and think before you type.

Im very calm allday and when I sleep. You just tried to make someone feel stupid when "you" think it is disrespectful. More respect is typing the full name of the Guru. Disrespect is going against respect, so you are mixed up from what you said.

""""""""""""""""I never said you cant call them 'Guru Ji'.""""""""""""""""""""""'

You said the title "must" be fully typed out.

nice try again buddy

Veer again maybe you misunderstood me. I said dont type "SGGS".

My words:

""William I appreciate we are all learning, so I must educate you that as Sikhs we refrain from caling our Guru "SGGS", so I humbly request in future please do not use this abreviation.""

Read the post again and tell me where I said you must type out the title fully? If you did do this then it would not be such a bad thing.

I have not got the time to argue with you and nor am I am kid that I am gonna spend all day on here responding to you. Guru sab da bhalla kare. Hope I didn't offend you or William.

What is the opposite of an abbrieviation????? {the full title}

I type SGGS when Im typing alot about a subject.

I understood it the first time I read it. Maybe now you will understand what you typed.

I didnt say its bad to type the full title and it is not bad if you abbrieviate is my point that you cant understand.

So again I fully respect SGGS and my mere typimg 4 letters doesnt disrespect. Sometimes I type Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj but that when Im wanting to raise the Gurus title to the highest form , but it is not required in order to have respect for the King of kings and the Lord of lords.

last time, again nice try guy

Nice try though

A fool is someone who pretends to be educated like you.

If he is corrected then he must understand all that I put also. Are you a dumb@$$. grin.gif

Their is no harm in showing respect but then you must respect Gurpanj Pyare, GurSadhSagat etc you little kid. wacko.gif

lol....u r making me laugh

i am not educated but i have been taught show as much respect as possible

i cant see why u made a mountain out of a mole hill

all the singh did was humbly request

Hi - sorry no disrespect intended. Disrespect I feel is borne in the mind and hearts of people - not in mere words or outward shows.

Some may call the holy scriptures: Akali Huzur Maharaj Sri Guru Granth Sahib Khalsa Ji. Now this may seem 'wow' and look good on the eyes with apparent 'respect' but if in the heart and mind there is little respect what is the use of such fancy words?

Apologies for the lack of technical ettiquete though, I'll bear the sensitivities of my brothers and sisters in mind for the future.

Darshan Ki Fateh _/|\_