Santa Clara Marriott

2700 MISSION COLLEGE BOULEVARD

SANTA CLARA

CALIFORNIA

950 54

PHONE 1 408 988 1500

FAX 1 408 352 4353

On SAT/05/AUG/2006

The Anand Karaj will take place on the hotel premises at 3.30pm followed by “cocktails and dinner and dance” there is no mention of a Gurughar on the invitation hence why it is strongly believed that Maharaaj will be taken to the hotel. I have emailed the hotel but I am still waiting a reply as to whether the Anand Karaj ceremony will take place at the hotel. the hotel website claims that they "specialize in ethnic weddings, religious and social events."

The website for the hotel is as follows

http://marriott.com/property/abouthotel/de...?WT_Ref=mi_left

There are still a couple of months until the wedding takes place so if we could please unite internationally and put pressure on the hotel to stop this beadbi from occurring!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

http://www.geocities.com/gurdwaraworld/gurd9a.html

All the Gurdwaras in the above link need to contacted and the Akal Takht Hukamnama & Sandesh (see below) needs to sent to them. Any California residents need to approach their local Gurdwara Committee and get them to put themselves forward to resolve the issue.

Khalsa Alliance in US also needs to be contacted info@KhalsaAlliance.org

post-1234-1149159357_thumb.jpg

post-1234-1149159392_thumb.jpg

I was asked by sevadars of Waheguroo! Network Respect for Guru Granth Sahib Campaign North America to post here as they could not register a new ID on this forum.

They requested anyone with information to email r4g-na@waheguroo.com or call +1-805-768-0490.

They are already speaking to the hotel, but want information on the family that is having the wedding or on where the saroop is coming from.

ਸੁਖਸਾਗਰਦੁਖਛਡਕੈਭਵਜਲਅੰਦਰਭੰਭਲਭੂਸੇ॥

ਲਹਿਰੀਂਨਾਲਪਛਾੜੀਅਨਿਹਉਮੈਅਗਨੀਅੰਦਰਲੂਸੈ॥

ਜਮਦਰਬੱਧੇਮਾਰੀਅਨਿਜਮਦੂਤਾਂਦੇਧੱਕੇਧੂਸੇ॥

ਗੋਇਲਵਾਸਾਚਾਰਦਿਨਨਾਉਂਧਰਾਇਨਈਸੇਮੂਸੇ॥

ਘਟਨਖੋਇਅਖਾਇੰਦਾਆਪੋਧਾਪੀਹੈਰਤਹੂਸੇ॥

ਸਾਇਰਦੇਮਰਜੀਵੜੇਕਰਨਮਜੂਰੀਖੇਚਲਖੂਸੇ॥

ਗੁਰਪੂਰੇਵਿਣਡਾਂਗਡੰਗੂਸੇ॥੧੩॥

Dear Santa Clara Marriott,

I am emailing you in regards to a wedding which has been booked for 5th Aug 2006 at the Santa Clara Marriott.

The marriage party is planning to have a Sikh religious wedding ceremony in the Santa Clara Marriott, which will involve bringing 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji', the Sikhs' Sacred Scripture, which the Sikhs regard with utmost reverence and sanctity. The Sikh's Supreme Authority has banned this practice of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji being taken to places where there is alcohol, tobacco or meat served. It clearly has been said that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not allowed to be taken to banqueting halls, hotels, pubs or bars. Therefore, this a clear violation of the Sikhs religious sentiments and is the greatest dishonour. This is seen as an act of blasphemy. We urge you to reconsider your position and put a stop to all Sikh religious ceremonies taking place on your premises.

We would suggest the religious ceremony be held in a Sikh Gurdwara. Please can you inform the family or stop the holy scriptures being disrespected. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

We hope you will also realise the seriousness of the issue and prevent any unnecessary large peaceful protests. A big demonstration outside your hotel is planned for the wedding day if alternative arrangements are not made. There is plenty of notice to re-arrange this wedding.

We hope you take this matter seriously, and prevent any unnecessary peaceful protests by the Sikh community from across the USA by not allowing the disrespect and violation of the Sikh's sacred scripute, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from happening on your hotel premises.

We urge you to stop the religious part of the wedding taking place on your premises so as to avoid distress to the Sikh community and the adverse publicity for your hotel. Previously hotels, halls, clubs and other such venues have agreed to change the plans.

I would like a reply as soon as possible, as Sikhs across the country are planning to hold peaceful protests outside the hotel if the Sacred Scriptures, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is brought to the Hotel Complex.

Regards,

[NAME]

Possible template letter that should be sent to the hotel. Please edit and send as you feel.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE AMERICAN SANGAT WAKES UP AND DOES ITS BIT. THIS IS A MASSIVE BEADBI OF OUR GURU. SIKHS HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIFE/BLOOD/FAMILY FOR THEIR GURU, ALL YOU HAVE TO GIVE IS 10 SECONDS OF YOUR TIME.

Good letter paji/penji. Can someone get the email address for the hotel or the manager at the hotel. Lets all start writing to them and ringing them. UK sangat dont ignore this and think its not our problem. But USA Ji its time to show us what u made of.

Recieved the following reply after sending an email:

Thank you for contacting Marriott regarding the upcoming wedding at the Santa

Clara, CA Marriott. We appreciate the time you have set aside to provide us

with your valuable feedback.

Your observations are very helpful. We have forwarded your comments to

associates in the Executive Office at the property for review. Due to privacy

considerations, we are unable to provide you with specific information regarding

the wedding party, but will ask the hotel to make the wedding party aware of

your concerns.

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns.

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

Dear Sangat ji

It has come to my attention that there will be a wedding taking place at

Santa Clara Marriott

2700 MISSION COLLEGE BOULEVARD

SANTA CLARA

CALIFORNIA

950 54

PHONE 1 408 988 1500

FAX 1 408 352 4353

On SAT/05/AUG/2006

The Anand Karaj will take place on the hotel premises at 3.30pm followed by “cocktails and dinner and dance” there is no mention of a Gurughar on the invitation hence why it is strongly believed that Maharaaj will be taken to the hotel. I have emailed the hotel but I am still waiting a reply as to whether the Anand Karaj ceremony will take place at the hotel. the hotel website claims that they "specialize in ethnic weddings, religious and social events."

The website for the hotel is as follows

http://marriott.com/property/abouthotel/de...?WT_Ref=mi_left

There are still a couple of months until the wedding takes place so if we could please unite internationally and put pressure on the hotel to stop this beadbi from occurring!

wjkk wkjf anjaan ji i like how u are makiing ppl aware of the beadbi happening to GURU JI across the world BUT ! ! ! dont u fink that it is better at look at more local around ur area?? like in wolverhampton @ ek niwas...