Beadbi Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj

anjaan

thanks for all the support to the sangat

to taksali101 ji i have been keeping track of the thread on ek nivas, on there you yourself have stated that no one member of sangat should take the matter into their own hands as it is being dealt with according to law with the assistance of authorities, if you think i can help in any way then please let me know blush.gif

the reason i have brought this matter to attention is because it is my own family involved in this and therefore i was able to find out about the matter sooner rather than later

here is another letter template (slightly edited but originally by Manvir Singh d_oh.gif )

please write emails to

carrie.rosencrans@marriott.com

or visit the site (links in above post) for phone numbers/address

i have passed on the family details to a Veer ji in California

ok sorry template did not show (adminnnnnnnn sort out your edit function!!)

Dear Carrie

I am writing to ask about the wedding ceremony being held at Santa Clara Marriott Hall of Cities Ballroom, 2700 Mission College, Santa Clara, California, on the 5th Aug 2006 for the parties Kaur and Nijjar.

If the marriage party is planning to have a Sikh religious wedding ceremony in the Hotel, which will involve bringing 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji', the Sikhs' Sacred Scripture, which the Sikhs regard with utmost reverence and sanctity, then we humbly request that the parties reconsider this. The Sikh's Supreme Authority has banned the Sacred Scripture, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from being taken to places where there is alcohol, tobacco or meat served. It clearly has been said that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not allowed to be taking to banqueting halls, hotels, pubs or bars. Therefore, this a clear violation of the Sikhs religious sentiments.The Sikh scriptures are treated as a Living Guru and not just a 'book' hence why the holy Scriptures are given the utmost respect by all Sikhs.

There have been previous cases recently where families planning weddings have disregarded the sanctity and sacredness of the Sikh's Scripture and have violated the edict of the Sikh supreme authority. These incidents have led to large peaceful protests outside venues with Sikhs from across the UK coming to support these measures, and also police involvement and support.

The British police have been supportive of the Sikh community. Recently the police issued a statement that a Sikh wedding planned at the Royal Lancaster Hotel London was re-arranged, so that the wedding will take place in a nearby Sikh Gurdwara (place of worship) rather than in the hotel complex. The decision of stopping the Sikh wedding at the Hotel came about as the Hotel was overflown with Sikhs from across the UK phoning, and emailing trying to educate the Hotel about the Sikh sentiments and issues.

Siks are waiting to do the same thing in California if the matter is not resolved effectively. The wedding parties have just over 2 months at present to change their plans and have the wedding at a Sikh Gurdwara as required by Sikh Authority - Akal Takht (the equivalent to the Vatican).

We hope you will also realise the seriousness of the issue and prevent any unnecessary large peaceful protests that may bring unnecessary upset to the wedding parties..

Here are some links to news articles regarding previous cases which have cause unnecessary hassle to the Sikh community:

* http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/1887/2005-10-16.html

* http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0...1515545,00.html

* http://www.panthic.org/news/124/ARTICLE/1784/2005-09-18.html

* http://www.panthic.org/news/131/ARTICLE/1450/2005-06-19.html

I hope you take this matter severely, and prevent any unnecessary peaceful protests by the Sikh community from across the USA by not allowing the disrespect and violation of the Sikh's sacred scripute, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, from happening on your hotel premises.

I would like a reply as soon as possible, as Sikhs across the country are planning to hold peaceful protests outside the hotel if the Sacred Scriptures, Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is brought to the Centre complex.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

updates here

Waheguroo jee ka khalsa

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Pyari Sadh Sangat Jee,

We have started working on this issue and are already in communication with the hotel and the family. We are working closely with the Khalsa Alliance and Panthic Weekly as well as international gursikhs to get this resolved quickly.

Please send letters to Carrie Rosencrans at carrie.rosencrans@marriott.com. Please explain to her kindly that what they will be allowing is sacrelidge and that there will be protests if they allow the religious ceremony to continue.

Please do not use any threats or profanity. Remember, you are representing the panth!

We will post updates here as they happen. Currently the family refuses and is denying Akal Takht Sahib's authority.

--Daasre

QUOTE W!N R4G NORTH AMERICA

• 1 month later...

your zest for preventing beadbi of guru maharaj is very commendable. i'm sure you've heard about the recent events that have taken place at akal takt where our so called panthic leaders couldn't have put on a bigger display of disrespect to guru maharaj. this incident aside...if anyone goes to harmandir sahib, there are many ways in which they disrespect guru sahib there and as well as other ithaasic gurdwaras in india (manikaran for example which has pictures of shiva in teh darbar), as well as "gurdwaras" abroad that are full of corruption.

my question is, shouldn't guru maharaj be taken out of these institutions too? i mean just cuz something is called a sikh institution and the keepers of the place might have drunk the amrit from khanda batta they can get away with disrespecting maharaj and doing MORE harm to the Sikh panth than any hotel could ever do?

seriously...any hotel, restaurant or whatever that has any brains or internet access can turn around and tell all of us to get lost...cuz it doesn't take a huge amount of research to see how BADLY we disrespect guru maharaj in our OWN gurdwaras EVERYDAY...

tell me...in harmandir sahib complex...we have little rooms with guru maharaj in them just so people can have akhand paat done..most of them have noone in attendance except the paathi...what kind of respect is that??? just cuz there's no alcohol and meat...it makes it okay??? do you guys find it acceptable that our shahi shahan shah, dasaan patshahiaan di jaagdi jot, hazar nazar samrath jagat guru granth sahib is USED simple for ritual reading?? and not even placed in a DARBAR befitting a KING...i mean..hell...those rooms are soo small i wouldn't even use it as a personal bedroom....

i'm not defending anyone that takes guru sahib to any halls, hotels, etc...i very much believe that we have to respect guru sahib at all times, and the hukamnamma should be followed...but what i'm saying is..let's not forget the SPIRIT of the hukamnamma...and trust me...that spirit isnt followed in most gurdwaras, including our top most "panthic" institutions...

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

your zest for preventing beadbi of guru maharaj is very commendable. i'm sure you've heard about the recent events that have taken place at akal takt where our so called panthic leaders couldn't have put on a bigger display of disrespect to guru maharaj. this incident aside...if anyone goes to harmandir sahib, there are many ways in which they disrespect guru sahib there and as well as other ithaasic gurdwaras in india (manikaran for example which has pictures of shiva in teh darbar), as well as "gurdwaras" abroad that are full of corruption.

my question is, shouldn't guru maharaj be taken out of these institutions too? i mean just cuz something is called a sikh institution and the keepers of the place might have drunk the amrit from khanda batta they can get away with disrespecting maharaj and doing MORE harm to the Sikh panth than any hotel could ever do?

seriously...any hotel, restaurant or whatever that has any brains or internet access can turn around and tell all of us to get lost...cuz it doesn't take a huge amount of research to see how BADLY we disrespect guru maharaj in our OWN gurdwaras EVERYDAY...

tell me...in harmandir sahib complex...we have little rooms with guru maharaj in them just so people can have akhand paat done..most of them have noone in attendance except the paathi...what kind of respect is that??? just cuz there's no alcohol and meat...it makes it okay??? do you guys find it acceptable that our shahi shahan shah, dasaan patshahiaan di jaagdi jot, hazar nazar samrath jagat guru granth sahib is USED simple for ritual reading?? and not even placed in a DARBAR befitting a KING...i mean..hell...those rooms are soo small i wouldn't even use it as a personal bedroom....

i'm not defending anyone that takes guru sahib to any halls, hotels, etc...i very much believe that we have to respect guru sahib at all times, and the hukamnamma should be followed...but what i'm saying is..let's not forget the SPIRIT of the hukamnamma...and trust me...that spirit isnt followed in most gurdwaras, including our top most "panthic" institutions...

You have a valid point :TH: Its like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under :|

liveandlietlive had said:

"The Sikh's Supreme Authority has banned this practice of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji being taken to places where there is alcohol, tobacco or meat served."

In that case why isn't the SGGS taken out of the hundreds if not thousands of houses where there is serving of alcohol/meat at home?

liveandlietlive had said:

"The Sikh's Supreme Authority has banned this practice of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji being taken to places where there is alcohol, tobacco or meat served."

In that case why isn't the SGGS taken out of the hundreds if not thousands of houses where there is serving of alcohol/meat at home?

There is no two ways about it. If a family have Guru Maharaj saroop in their house but the continue to drink alcohol, meat or tabbacco then they do not derserve to have Maharaj's saroop.

We have to tackle this, its a long process but Guruji will guide their Singhs & Singhias.