Guru Ji For Sale!

Davinder

This is why I believe that only the Akal Takht, or other Gurdwara should be in charge of printing etc. And that each Gurdwara household who wants Guru Ji in their home has to go through them. I also believe that only Gurdwaras and not individuals should possess Guru Ji.

It'd stop people abusing the Guru, keeping copies on shop shelves etc. And it'd stop people selling copies of Guru Ji and making money.

BTW the above is an (inaccurate) English translation of the Guru.

You mustn't worry about beadi in this case..since it's all English translation..

As a matter of fact Trumpp is the author of the first English translation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Full of faults, errors and other dodgy stuff.

No Gianis were ready to help him due to his habit of smoking, and once (I believe) he was caught smoking infront of a saroop. THe Gyanis refused to help him. Who does he go to, for help to translate? Pandits :@

The introduction contains some beadbi.

Let's see what our dearest Ernst ji Trumpp writes in the introduction -

post-4611-1149189253_thumb.jpg

Mr Trumpp only say linguistic importance in Gurbani and failed to notice the mystic and the 'raas' in the Bani.

Vachara.

I believe it was publshed for the first time 1877 (more than 100 years ago). When he got the mission to translate he was a professor of oriental languages in Germany. He was also a Christian Missionary (like our dearest Mcleod jee). I've got a copy of a letter Sent by Sihks to the 'crown' at the time (signed 1899) complaining at the translation, showing that it was rejected already back at the time...and Max Arthur Macaullifee took up the task of retranslating Gurbani (I believe his one is much better..and was subsequently published by Oxfort Uni press 1909)

So here we've clearly got a case where an INSULT is made to Guru JI's bani. Anyone up for writing a letter to the publisher requesting them to stop printing the book which contains rascist and insulting remarks to our Guru?