Guru Ji For Sale!

Davinder

i suggest everyone bombard amazon with emails that this is wrong untill they change there ways or a petition - (i thought that no 1 accept the sgpc and 1 other organisation (cant remember) had tha athority to print sikh religous scriptures like the ad granth JI) how doees one go about setting up a petition?

Alias Prince. Guru Ji gave us shaster, but not to chatk everyone as the first solution. No point in bombarding Amazon. If one person is ready to write up a professional letter it would be nice if organisations such as BOSS, COSS, and other major Sikh organisations could mail them. Bombarding someone with mails is hooliganism, and not the way of the Sikh (something I myself have recently released)

Just to add to this topic...I recently had to purchase Maharaji from DTFBOOKS for 80 pounds, the blue version with 8 volumes.

I'm glad I spent the money, but I also feel Maharaji should be freely available in any form, be it english or Gurmukh.

Just to add to this topic...I recently had to purchase Maharaji from DTFBOOKS for 80 pounds, the blue version with 8 volumes.

I'm glad I spent the money, but I also feel Maharaji should be freely available in any form, be it english or Gurmukh.

sorry folks, this should have been in another thread about Maharaji for sale..could the mods move it for me please!!!

Mod note: Topics merged.

This is why I believe that only the Akal Takht, or other Gurdwara should be in charge of printing etc. And that each Gurdwara household who wants Guru Ji in their home has to go through them. I also believe that only Gurdwaras and not individuals should possess Guru Ji.

It'd stop people abusing the Guru, keeping copies on shop shelves etc. And it'd stop people selling copies of Guru Ji and making money.

BTW the above is an (inaccurate) English translation of the Guru.

Well i don't agree (IMHO) that only gurdwaras should have the guru granth sahib ji... the SGGS isnt a god nor is it higher than waheguru.. the SGGS is essentially a "manual" for us sikhs to READ and ENJOY and MEDITATE on. How can we do that if someone else is reading it for us and it's in a location that isnt always easy to get at. what would stop "abusing" the guru granth sahib ji is if people stop selling it and instead donate it to willing, respectable and honest sikhs who want to have the guru's words with them. This does not excuse us from going to gurdwara, yet we all have a right to read the guru's word.

And in reagards to translations... if we are going global, then how can one location do all the translating???

it's called logistics...

"Bani Guru, Guru Hai Bani ..." Sree Guru Granth Sahib IS our LIVING Guru... not just a 'manual' for us to 'read and enjoy'... too many people see Guru Jee as just a 'book'... it isn't... that is Guru Nanak Dev Jee Sittting there... That is Guru Gobing Singh Jee Sitting There... the JOT of all our Gurus RESIDES in Sree Guru Granth Sahib Jee...

This is why I believe that only the Akal Takht, or other Gurdwara should be in charge of printing etc. And that each Gurdwara household who wants Guru Ji in their home has to go through them. I also believe that only Gurdwaras and not individuals should possess Guru Ji.

It'd stop people abusing the Guru, keeping copies on shop shelves etc. And it'd stop people selling copies of Guru Ji and making money.

BTW the above is an (inaccurate) English translation of the Guru.

Well i don't agree (IMHO) that only gurdwaras should have the guru granth sahib ji... the SGGS isnt a god nor is it higher than waheguru.. the SGGS is essentially a "manual" for us sikhs to READ and ENJOY and MEDITATE on. How can we do that if someone else is reading it for us and it's in a location that isnt always easy to get at. what would stop "abusing" the guru granth sahib ji is if people stop selling it and instead donate it to willing, respectable and honest sikhs who want to have the guru's words with them. This does not excuse us from going to gurdwara, yet we all have a right to read the guru's word.

And in reagards to translations... if we are going global, then how can one location do all the translating???

it's called logistics...

Before I get into this post I have to say that's one shocking post.

Let's define the word Gurdwara shall we?

It is where Guru Ji are. So if someone has Guru Ji in a house that in effect becomes a Gurdwara. Although I admit that you wont see langar etc in those homes but the point is that is the definition of a Gurdwara.

Manual? NO it is not a manual, I know everyone above me has spoken against your post but I still want to post to the shocking post.

As a Sikh how can you even treat Guru Ji as a manual to read and enjoy?

You said that Guru Ji are not Waheguru, BUT Guru Ji say that the bani in Guru Ji is straight from God so what you read is Waheguru Ji's words .(and could someone correct me if I am wrong please).

You are meditating on the bani, so of course one can listen to bani, in fact that's what happens at the Gurdwara and surely Guru Ji did not make the Gurdwara for the fun of it.

If you're not aware may I inform you that Gutkas are available for those who wish to read certain parts of Guru Ji's bani. Tapes are available so listen to them and then learn and recite.

I agree with you when you say that Guru Ji should not be sold, it is very sad that a price is being put on Guru Ji's bani, extremely sad in my opinion. But to use the word 'donate' sounds rather rude. How about, give? Respect your Guru, you wouldn't donate a normal human being so why Guru Ji?

As for translation, lets explain shall we, one group of people in one house can take responsbility for the translation of Guru Ji's words into certain other languages. This is one way of ensuring that bani is not interepreted the wrong way by people.

Guru Ji are not a hard back book that needs to be delivered to the book shop near you, lets haev some respect yeah?

You can carry on talking about logisitics and we will talk about our Guru Ji who we want to respect and all else comes after that.

Thanks for reading this.

It is where Guru Ji are. So if someone has Guru Ji in a house that in effect becomes a Gurdwara. Although I admit that you wont see langar etc in those homes but the point is that is the definition of a Gurdwara.

Manual? NO it is not a manual, I know everyone above me has spoken against your post but I still want to post to the shocking post.

As a Sikh how can you even treat Guru Ji as a manual to read and enjoy?

You said that Guru Ji are not Waheguru, BUT Guru Ji say that the bani in Guru Ji is straight from God so what you read is Waheguru Ji's words .(and could someone correct me if I am wrong please).

You are meditating on the bani, so of course one can listen to bani, in fact that's what happens at the Gurdwara and surely Guru Ji did not make the Gurdwara for the fun of it.

If you're not aware may I inform you that Gutkas are available for those who wish to read certain parts of Guru Ji's bani. Tapes are available so listen to them and then learn and recite.

I agree with you when you say that Guru Ji should not be sold, it is very sad that a price is being put on Guru Ji's bani, extremely sad in my opinion. But to use the word 'donate' sounds rather rude. How about, give? Respect your Guru, you wouldn't donate a normal human being so why Guru Ji?

As for translation, lets explain shall we, one group of people in one house can take responsbility for the translation of Guru Ji's words into certain other languages. This is one way of ensuring that bani is not interepreted the wrong way by people.

Guru Ji are not a hard back book that needs to be delivered to the book shop near you, lets haev some respect yeah?

You can carry on talking about logisitics and we will talk about our Guru Ji who we want to respect and all else comes after that.

Thanks for reading this.

Well once again i have to say that when i used the word "manual" i was using a philosophical/metaphorical language... if you know english language and ways, then you will know that its just another way of describing an item not in a literal sense. People who read the guru granth sahib ji should understand this clearly as there is alot of words and phrases that are used this way.

So we can't enjoy guru's words??? when did this start, i'm sure that now that you say this, kirtan and reading guru granth sahib ji is now a punishment... um no, guru ji words are for everyones ears and eyes.

Donate.. giving... both the same things, what should be done is that whatever organization is printing/translating should also have some sort of other external revenue source to pick up the cost. Rather than charging money for guru ji's words...

I think we can all agree on that...

i would and so many other peopel would rather read the source directly than have to go through a intermediary to understand gods word. Yes lol, i agree that waheguru is guru ji... but guru granth sahib ji isn't waheguru in his almighty presence, but instead guru ji's or wahguru's words. I think alot of people think that the guru granth sahib ji is god, instead of gods words.

I bow my head out of respect to guru's words, not to actually worship as a "god"

The last time i checked... this is how it was done...

I don't want to get in an argument, all i say is that we should not sell guru's words, but nor should guru granth sahib ji be just seen at gurudwara. With this said, those who do have it at home should make sure it is in a very clean and wrapped well.

pray.gifpray.gifpray.gif

Now lets assume I am not familiar with the english language, why not go for the dictionary definition, very similar to saying book and if you said the word book I would react the same way as I have now.

As you are on a forum and not with your friends, why not use words the way they are used in everyday english? yeah?

I am NOT saying you can not enjoy Guru Ji's words, I'm saying don't enjoy them as if these words are like a book. Appreciate these words for what they are- Waheguru Ji's words!

When did I say you cant read Guru Ji's words?

I'm not getting into an argument, I'm simply finding some of the language disrespectful.