Gnnsj And Ramgharia

yeahhhhhh thats would be way better these Ramgharia Gurdwaras have lost the plot

There is only one thing worse than caste based Gurudwara's and that is Sant or Jatha based Gurudwara's..........................to replace one form of stupidity with another is not the option.................. no.gif

I'll stick to my local Singh Sabha thank you very much......... :TH:

PS

on a side note.

The get out of jail card that Ramgarhia's always use is that Ramgarhia's are actually not Tarkhans.......................but were a combination of Jatts, Tarkhan, Nai's, Mazbhai's, Lohars etc.........................

• 2 weeks later...

If you take a minute and look into a tiny bit of history you will find that Baba Puran Singh Ji was from Kericho (Kenya) and thus there are people at GNNSJ from the same and surrounding areas as these people may have known Baba Ji personally or about them.. Is there anything wrong with that? The fact that there were a lot of Ramgaria’s in Kenya/Africa means that a lot of these people will have known about Baba Ji. Mystery solved..

WJKK

WJKF

I'm intrigued by an observation.

Are most of the sevadaars in the Guru Nanak Nishkaam Sevak Jatha of ex-Ramgharia East African backgrounds. If this is the case, should all Ramgharia Gurdwaras be taken over and called Guru Nanak Nishkaam Sevak Gurdwaras, followed by the town name?

Suggestions please.

Although the ex East Africans make a large portion of the GNNSJ they tend to be in-active in the local Ramgharia Gurdwaras and are mainly loyal to the large Gurdwara complex in Soho Road, Birmingham and I believe MArtindale Gurdwara and one in Leeds. So unless they decentralise their activities to their local Ramgharia Gurdwaras we will unfortunatly still see the same pardaans running the Ramgharia Gurdwaras.

I actually agree with you, it would be good to see the Ramgharia Gurdwaras taken over by the GNNSJ, but until the GNNSJ guys realise it's the same saroop of Guru Maharaj in Soho Road as it is in their local Gurdwara then they'll always be running down to Birmingham every weekend and not pay much attention to their local Gurdwaras!

• 5 months later...
They are not a particular jatha!

Guru Nanak - Guru Ji's name

Nishkam Seva - To do seva without desire

Jatha - group.

So its a group named afta Guru Ji to do seva without desire! Not rocket science isit. Theres a diff between that and having a "bhaatra" or "ramgharia" gurdwara!!!!!

Sardarji you are the first person on here to talk sense.

Das Ram Rauni Singh..why is it that every post to do with GNNSJ, RAMGHARIAS or East African singh..the post always starts wit you displeaser towards them.

GNNSJ is NOT a caste based gurudwara. all kinds of people go there...apart from the militant ones because you can actually find peace at GNNSJ. GNNSJ is helpin th ebirmingham community, it has a centre for excellence, new school facilities, a learn direct centre etc. and if you opened your eyes you will see that the sangat is made up of all kinds of people.

I did a little reasearch beacause militant people like you realy get on my nerves. i would jus like to clarify that i dont belive in caste one bit.

i went out to 5 gurudware in birmingham (GNNSJ, SMETHWICK, BEBE NANAKI, SOMERSET ROAD GURUDWARA and BABA DEEP SINGH GURUDWARA). i asked the sardarji's who had amrit. what caste they came from..even if they didnt agree with it. my findings were

48% Ramgharia

39% Jatt

10% Saini

2% AKJ followers

1% didnt know

that was out of 527 people.that shows that a lot of the UK Khalsa is made up of "Ramgharias". So you can say all you want about starched Pagha, Shaved beards etc...thats just what your blinkered eyes see. the reality is Ramgharias make up around 50% of the sangat.

They are not a particular jatha!

Guru Nanak - Guru Ji's name

Nishkam Seva - To do seva without desire

Jatha - group.

So its a group named afta Guru Ji to do seva without desire! Not rocket science isit. Theres a diff between that and having a "bhaatra" or "ramgharia" gurdwara!!!!!

Sardarji you are the first person on here to talk sense.

Das Ram Rauni Singh..why is it that every post to do with GNNSJ, RAMGHARIAS or East African singh..the post always starts wit you displeaser towards them.

GNNSJ is NOT a caste based gurudwara. all kinds of people go there...apart from the militant ones because you can actually find peace at GNNSJ. GNNSJ is helpin th ebirmingham community, it has a centre for excellence, new school facilities, a learn direct centre etc. and if you opened your eyes you will see that the sangat is made up of all kinds of people.

I did a little reasearch beacause militant people like you realy get on my nerves. i would jus like to clarify that i dont belive in caste one bit.

i went out to 5 gurudware in birmingham (GNNSJ, SMETHWICK, BEBE NANAKI, SOMERSET ROAD GURUDWARA and BABA DEEP SINGH GURUDWARA). i asked the sardarji's who had amrit. what caste they came from..even if they didnt agree with it. my findings were

48% Ramgharia

39% Jatt

10% Saini

2% AKJ followers

1% didnt know

that was out of 527 people.that shows that a lot of the UK Khalsa is made up of "Ramgharias". So you can say all you want about starched Pagha, Shaved beards etc...thats just what your blinkered eyes see. the reality is Ramgharias make up around 50% of the sangat.

someones got alot of time on their hands rolleyes.gif :D

48% Ramgharia

39% Jatt

10% Saini

2% AKJ followers

1% didnt know

Wow Sardar Dholi those are astonishing statistics! Certainly provide food for thought, especially for those who start topics bullying and picking on people from different backgrounds. Maybe some kind of survey, professionally done, should be started on this issue. Certainly I have never found that Ramgharias are anything less than commited in terms of the proportion who have taken Amrit.

Guru Fateh