Police Say Sikh Funeral Pyre May Have Broken Cremation Laws

Golee Maro

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Do Sikhs have to be cremated cant we be put in a grave

You could but it must be unmarked and unknown to people.

BUt its proper to burn the body, meaning your body is of no worth after your spirit has left your body.

Christians believe that when jesus comes back they will all get up out of their grave like on micheal jacksons "thiller" and walk with him rolleyes.gif Thats one out of the many trillion things I could never understand about my parents religion and my upbringing.

post-5391-1152823540.jpgpost-5391-1152823559.jpg

post-5391-1152823577.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BUt its proper to burn the body, meaning your body is of no worth after your spirit has left your body.

Christians believe that when jesus comes back they will all get up out of their grave like on micheal jacksons "thiller" and walk with him rolleyes.gif Thats one out of the many trillion things I could never understand about my parents religion and my upbringing.

post-5391-1152823577.jpg

Oh no, not that WEIRDO MICHAEL JACKSON!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! no.gif Going to have nightmares now.

We beleive in common sense

We dont bury because its a waste of valuable green space!

After burning we quickly re-enter the carbon cycle..

No space wasting

Closed is more practical.. so why not?!

Is there anything wrong with donating my dead body to science so that they can experiment on it

post-5391-1152823577.jpg

Oh no, not that WEIRDO MICHAEL JACKSON!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! no.gif

LOL i never knew that

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

We beleive in common sense

We dont bury because its a waste of valuable green space!

After burning we quickly re-enter the carbon cycle..

No space wasting

Closed is more practical.. so why not?!

Is there anything wrong with donating my dead body to science so that they can experiment on it

post-5391-1152823577.jpg

Oh no, not that WEIRDO MICHAEL JACKSON!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! no.gif

LOL i never knew that

Man I know some crazy $#*! to do with that religion stuff they all try to hide it because it contradicts itself KOT KOT KOT Im in the process of learning the Muslim wacko $#*! its cool enough to make a sci-fi movie with djinn running around :| Theyll get mad if I start exposing the wierd $#*! in my former religion.

i heard from my teacher...who had a friend who worked in a crematorium, that more than one body is burned at once... does any one else no anything about this?

because then i was thinking, the ashes...they wont be just ur ashes... and would that matter??

"Ashes to Ashes... Dust to Dust"

This phrase, taken from Genesis, is well known.

But, in terms of our human origins, how accurate is it? Did we indeed arise from ashes, or did humanity truly emerge from dust? And, if it is true, how do ova and sperm fit into this scheme of things?

Purely allegorical. We arose from basic chemicals, via amino acids etc. Whether a Creator was involved is a matter of personal choice, but the chemistry is pretty clear - from simple to complex.

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust -- A phrase from the English burial service, used sometimes to denote total finality. It is based on scriptural texts such as 'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return' (Genesis 3:19), and 'I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee' (Ezekiel 27:18).

Christians reckon if God won't have him the Devil must.

According to Sir Walter Scott...that was the form of burial service given by the sexton to the body of the French spy Guiscard, who, in 1711, had attempted to murder Robert Harley." From "Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable" revised by Adrian Room (HarperCollinsPublishers, New York, 1999, Sixteenth Edition).